Which SPeakers are right for me in 15K???

I still use NOS tubes in my preamp and not the modern Chinese and Russian made tubes.

Russian Sovtek 6922 tubes are reputed for really good sonic quality. Particularly the Electro-Harmonix manufactured ones.

What preamp do you have btw?

TIA

Dali Lektor 1 - around 20k
Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 - around 20k
Mission M33i - around 18k FLoorstander

Think you can audition these and make up your mind as to what exactly you want. :D

Where can I auditon these in Bangalore?

TIA

You may want to read up on the Usher S520 and add it to your list...

cheers
[email protected]

Heliumflight,

I do not know anything about the sound of the 70's and all that technical stuff but I can list out some speakers in and around the budget you have specified based on which you can audition and find your own choice.

As someone has mentioned wharfedale 9.1 and 9.2 would be within the budget other than that here is the list

Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom - around 15k
Dali Lektor 1 - around 20k
Mordaunt Short Avant 902i - around 13k
Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 - around 20k
Mission M33i - around 18k FLoorstander

Think you can audition these and make up your mind as to what exactly you want. :D

Thanks a lot to you Audio Gurus as I would have burnt my fingers in this process..... I've finally narrowed down on Dynaaudio- 52 bookshelf speakers.

I have a Bryston B- 60 integrated amplifier which is rated at 100 wrms @ 4 ohms; will it be able to drive these speakers without going full on volume control?...

Whose the distributor in Delhi for the Dyna's or any second's available

Once again thanks a ton to you all

The Dynaudios are excellent speakers and your Bryston should be able to just power them right upto moderate listening levels. The impedance of the speakers should not pose a problem to the amp but the low sensitivity of the speakers can at high volumes

But they are excellent speakers. I think Mr Prakash has a pair for sale. Why don't you get in touch with him

But looks like you are ready to stretch the budget a whole lot more from the initial '15k' !

When you are ready to stretch your budget so much you must audition other choices you may have in that price range especially given your amp's limited output. The dynes are excellent but maybe there is something out there that does all that the dyn can (or almost) but boasts better sensitivity

Thats a massice budget stretch :D thought u wanted to limit yourself to 15k. Anyway its good now you got a million more options.

Thk the Dynaudio is above 50k.

You can add B&W 685 Monitor Audio RS6 Dali Ikon 6 etc to teh list as well if you are stretching it around 60k.

Goble

For Mordaunt Short you can visit

Audio Planet
703/4, 6th B Cross, 3rd Block, Behind BDA Complex,
Koramangala,
Bangalore
India
Telephone: +91 9845019192

Give them a call and visit them they got Boston Acoustics Marantz and CA too over there. When you are there do check out the Mezzo speakers.

For Monitor Audio there is a user in this forum called Monitortheaudio who sells those speakers in Bangalore and also check with User Odyssey he would be able to help you out with Monitor Audio,Usher and a lot of other brands that they have.

As Odyssey have suggested Usher S520 is also fantastic speakers and great VFM got lots of great reviews.

As for Dali I have no idea who sells them in Bangalore.

Usher S520 can be auditioned at ARN Systems on coles road Bangalore

send me an email

You can also audition MA RS6 and Dali Ikon 6 at the same place
At this price range Better buy will be Usher V-602

Usher S 520 is normally priced ~ Rs 21500 + VAT (below $USD pricing)....xmas specials on the way :D

cheers
[email protected]

..... I've finally narrowed down on Dynaaudio- 52 bookshelf speakers.

I have a Bryston B- 60 integrated amplifier which is rated at 100 wrms @ 4 ohms; will it be able to drive these speakers without going full on volume control?...

Its an excellent choice bookshelf and the Bryston should easily drive it without breaking a sweat. I hope you are also narrowign down your choice for a subwoofer as this needs pairing with one for movie effects. Dont forget the stands as an additional cost since these are rear ported and need space between the wall and itself.

Hi,
The B60 is a superb, clean amplifier. Just remember its a small amp so pair with speakers of a higher sensitivity if u play loud in a medium sized room.

I feel the Monitor audio RS 6 is a true allrounder and must be heard and the Dali Ikon is another option to audition alondside the Dyna 52. Now that u have tripled your budget u will surely get many more options that appeal to ur ears.

As i told u earlier also look at some older 600 series B&W (602/603). Can be got for 15/35 K respectively and are capable too. I would not pay 45K for the new 685.

Regards

Thanks a lot to you Audio Gurus as I would have burnt my fingers in this process..... I've finally narrowed down on Dynaaudio- 52 bookshelf speakers.

Whose the distributor in Delhi for the Dyna's or any second's available

Once again thanks a ton to you all

The Dynaudio audience series is everything opposite of an old school British speaker. Let us know what you think about the combo with the bryston. You are now moving towards a typical entry level lean and dry sounding audiophile setup.;)
I would seriousely look at usher speakers rather than the audience series from dynaudio. Similar pricing but far better speakers in my opinion. Dyanudios start sounding decent from the contour series onwards.

From what I have seen, this will be a setup more prone to nit pick with cables and such rather than putting up your legs and listening to music. Tread with care.

Last edited:
This is a :rolleyes:...Yes I do listen to loud listening levels and my room size is 300 sq feet. I like tight and punchy bass.... Now what are the suggestions for buying speakers that will mate with my integrated amp 60 wrms @ 8 ohms.

Right Punchy SPpeakers for Bryston integrated amp 60 wrms @ 8 ohms

This is a :rolleyes:...Yes I do listen to loud listening levels and my room size is 300 sq feet. I like tight and punchy bass.... Now what are the suggestions

Hi Venkat
Yes, I noticed that too, try index the main website you will find the same info there (US site does not give all models). while the US website shows that its under maintenance its still possible to search for a particular speakers/component on google for Usher USA and go to that sub-link directly.

heliumflight - For the price range and room size you are aiming at even a bokshelf like the X-718 will do the job, ultimately there is more of Synergy at work rather than just a FS or BS or simple F3 numbers if you are looking at specs. Believe me there isnt much else in this price range available in the Indian market. The MA RS-6 is also a good speaker at this price

thanks
Sridhar

if you do like old british sound..Castle is a brand which still still follows that theme. i believe thy do hve a dealer in india..(at least they did). PMC is another one and is usually demoed along with Bryston the others are spendor , ATC and Harbeth but all of them other than castle are pretty expensive.

I presume it is neutral sound you are looking for. Not many speakers are neutral especially in the entry range.

your amp is nice and deserves a good speaker ..try out the dyns as well as the Ushers and the monitor audio and try to be unbaised in trms of perceptions. they are all good speakers but have different presentations of sound..maybe you will find the sound you are looking for between them.

it is better to go by the sound you like rather than your perception of your likes else you will get stuck in an undending cycle of upgrades.:eek:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back