Which website to use to buy stuff from abroad?

Recently i have purchased Denon 2113 from Amazon.de, and it reached my home today only though it reached india within 2 days. If you want to buy any thing from amazon.de , then use google chrome and use their translate the page option. i have installed an application which checks whether they are going to ship the item to india or not. By the way the link is posted in a thread called amazing dealers amazon.de in dealers feedback section.
usually amazon.de sends all the items to india which they are selling but the other sellers they don't ship to india. very few of them.
And the good part is that you don't have to pay vat, they quote you after deduction and shipping charges is 40 euro only and their appliances are of 220 volt only and you don't even need step down transformers.

I have received the product today. It seems to be in perfect condition.

Hi Sanchit,

Do you know if this product would carry warranty? or would this be without warranty? I was also contemplating ordering the same receiver from amazon.de - but didn't proceed because of warranty worry and also heard that the price here is almost the same - about 50K INR. How much did it cost you after everything?

Edit 1.8.12:
This post should have been addressed to hotranger41, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Hi Sanchit,

Do you know if this product would carry warranty? or would this be without warranty? I was also contemplating ordering the same receiver from amazon.de - but didn't proceed because of warranty worry and also heard that the price here is almost the same - about 50K INR. How much did it cost you after everything?

I guess you mixed up someone else's post. I didnt order any receiver. I had ordered a wheatgrass juicer! :lol::eek:hyeah:

The Shop Abroad Calculator seems to be broken! Showing me Rs 878,895.00 for a $1800 item.

International shipping though is ok at RS. 6,748.00.

Duty, Taxes & fees though again seems to be broken at RS. 207,314.89 for a $1800 item.

Your link just take to Google Chrome Store ..??? how to check what you stated..

Code:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gpnamfpkffldfnlkofbbebcndfdkclpc

Also, search for "Does Amazon Ship to" and you'll find it.

shopabroadonline seems to be under maintainence. Has anyone shopped with ishopinternational ?

I have used both. they are same. Not sure why they changed their name, may be some legal matters etc. Last month I ordered Panasonic Cordless phone from Amazon.com via ishopinternational. For a 4.5K US value I got it at 6.8K INR for shipping and duties, same as shop abroad online.

^^ Both are the same firm. Just check the cc phone number.

I have used both. they are same. Not sure why they changed their name, may be some legal matters etc. Last month I ordered Panasonic Cordless phone from Amazon.com via ishopinternational. For a 4.5K US value I got it at 6.8K INR for shipping and duties, same as shop abroad online.

Thanks. I have got a quote from them. Lets see If they offer some discount for 3 pieces otherwise would order from them.

The shopabroadonline guys still owe me around Rs.650/- which was deducted from my account, but I got neither the product nor the refund yet. The order was placed in mid june, but some how it was not updated in my shopabroadonline account and so I didn't get a purchase id. The only number I have is some kind of transaction id of the payment gateway. I contacted the CC, and they said the problem occurred because I automatically logged out from the site after half an hour or so. They agreed to refund the money, but I still didn't get the refund. After countless emails and phone calls, I finally stopped contacting them. They never respond to your emails, but will answer phone calls, but you have to start the story again from the beginning.

The shopabroadonline guys still owe me around Rs.650/- which was deducted from my account, but I got neither the product nor the refund yet. The order was placed in mid june, but some how it was not updated in my shopabroadonline account and so I didn't get a purchase id. The only number I have is some kind of transaction id of the payment gateway. I contacted the CC, and they said the problem occurred because I automatically logged out from the site after half an hour or so. They agreed to refund the money, but I still didn't get the refund. After countless emails and phone calls, I finally stopped contacting them. They never respond to your emails, but will answer phone calls, but you have to start the story again from the beginning.

This doesnt look good. I was about to order some products. The total value is close to Rs 15,000. Maybe I should order 1 product at a time then?

I don't know how it works in the new site, but the best way is to add or save the products you want to purchase to your account. Then make the payment one by one. Remember that the site will automatically log you out if there is no activity for a period. Any transaction after this will not be updated in your account.

Baiju.. raise a charge back on your credit card or which ever card you have used from the bank. You should get your money back from the bank as it was not updated on the merchant site because of session time out on the payment gateway side. Most of the cases the bank credits the amount back to your a/c and follows it up with the payment gateway to get the refund. The payment gateway guys in turn will follow up with the merchant. This is the best solution if the merchant is not honoring the commitment.

Thanks

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back