which would be better deal for powerful amp?

Yogesh Khadtare

I need 1000w rms *2 amp so need total 2000w rms. Car amplifier on home inverter battery would be better or DJ amplifier would do job better? Which would be cheaper? If u have any suggestions for dj amp please lemme know. I won't stress up amp on its final load impedance but would be louder till subwoofer can bare!

Yogesh,
You're in my wavelength. I am already running car systems at home. Full time.
10 years and never had a complaint. Ofcourse it's a SQ type system with very balanced output and no frequency holes.

I am not able to locate the posts/threads where i we've had healthy discussions about using a car audio at home. Anyways, Drop me a line and i'll be able to reply. Your posts are still little confusing about what you want to achieve.

P-S Stop making unncesessary duplicate posts, explain us well and give us some time, we shall explain.

I have pair of heavy 12" autobahn car audio subwoofers. Getting monoblock car amp for dem & gonna built huge ported enclosure tuned lows around 20hz & this will be combined with my recent purchase Sony HT-M5 Explosive 1580W RMS output 5.2 channel component home theater system. Feel free to post suggestions.

Yogesh,
10 years and never had a complaint. Ofcourse it's a SQ type system with very balanced output and no frequency holes.

I am not able to locate the posts/threads where i we've had healthy discussions about using a car audio at home. Anyways, Drop me a line and i'll be able to reply. Your posts are still little confusing about what you want to achieve.

P-S Stop making unncesessary duplicate posts, explain us well and give us some time, we shall explain.
58fdb9904b8db3a720fe26b164e349d2.jpg
9d766d4066322c2344046a4376606898.jpg
355629bc3d329ddc4fc2cee37bcd4498.jpg

This is what I have with me. Dual 12" autobahn German made car audio subwoofers, and 2 ported enclosures. I am gonna use 2 monoblocks to power these beasts. Now my question is what would be efficient these 2 ported enclosure designed for car or one sealed enclosure having both subs? Another question is I am gonna strap both amps directly to inverter battery & that inverter will be kept on whenever I am gonna use system. I need extreme lows which should be audible in my room like I feel in car! I listen mostly to raps & hip hop by Lil Wayne, wiz Khalifa, gucci mane etc... Felt so good seeing someone using car audio stuff in home from years! Glad to know you. [emoji4]

Yogesh,

Hi

I was going through this thread and I have a similar requirement if u can advise.

I want to run a 300 watt rms pioneer car subwoofer along with 2 nos of 125 watt tower speakers as a home audio setup.

I am confused about the car amplifier power required. Some said it should be double the total rms power required. Some said more power will burn your speakers. I want either pioneer or rockford fosgate. Do I need a mono or 4 channel.

Kindly advise what power subwoofer 4 channel should I buy.

Gautam

For running car sub at home, cheaper option would be getting the 4D Furnishers Subwoofer amp from Amazon. Other option would be to get a power amplifier such as Crown XLS series. This will give you the headroom but that would come at a price.
As for running towers, get a good solid state amplifier.
Car equipment should be left in the car. Trying to run it at home is an exercise in futility. To run a car amp in home you will need either a car battery or a high current 12VDC PSU. Instead of car battery, you can leech off a line from home inverter's battery but then you'll be pissing off your folks in ways more than one.

For running car sub at home, cheaper option would be getting the 4D Furnishers Subwoofer amp from Amazon. Other option would be to get a power amplifier such as Crown XLS series. This will give you the headroom but that would come at a price.
As for running towers, get a good solid state amplifier.
Car equipment should be left in the car. Trying to run it at home is an exercise in futility. To run a car amp in home you will need either a car battery or a high current 12VDC PSU. Instead of car battery, you can leech off a line from home inverter's battery but then you'll be pissing off your folks in ways more than one.
Thanx

Currently I have a audio set up with integrated amp and tower speakers. Since I have an unused pioneer car sub sealed box, i wanted a car amplifier that would drive the sub and the source will be from stereo amp.

As i said i am confused about which and how much power car amplifier shall I buy

As i said i am confused about which and how much power car amplifier shall I buy

If subwoofer is 300w then you need to buy a monoblock which is rated atlesst 300w though more will be better. Resistance of sub will also matter.

If you want to also run front towers then a 4 channel amp will be better. Two channels for both front towers and 3rd and 4rth bridged to power subwoofer. But then sub should atleast be rated at 4ohm. Many amps are not rated to power 2ohm sub in bridged mode.

If subwoofer is 300w then you need to buy a monoblock which is rated atlesst 300w though more will be better. Resistance of sub will also matter.

If you want to also run front towers then a 4 channel amp will be better. Two channels for both front towers and 3rd and 4rth bridged to power subwoofer. But then sub should atleast be rated at 4ohm. Many amps are not rated to power 2ohm sub in bridged mode.
Hello,
I am not sure if this has been asked before in detail. So, please excuse my ignorance. My friend has got a "Rockford Fosgate subwoofer R1S412" & a "4D furnisher subwoofer amplifier" along with him. He wanted to know that is it possible to use this setup for home theater use. He can get the enclosure also made from the local carpenter.

Hello,
I am not sure if this has been asked before in detail. So, please excuse my ignorance. My friend has got a "Rockford Fosgate subwoofer R1S412" & a "4D furnisher subwoofer amplifier" along with him. He wanted to know that is it possible to use this setup for home theater use. He can get the enclosure also made from the local carpenter.
That amp is rated at 300W and the subwoofer is at 150W. So if those specs are correct then you are good to go.

But I do have my doubts about that amp to output that much power. Can you somehow find the fuse rating of this amp? It is not written on the back of the amp which usually is mentioned.

That amp is rated at 300W and the subwoofer is at 150W. So if those specs are correct then you are good to go.

But I do have my doubts about that amp to output that much power. Can you somehow find the fuse rating of this amp? It is not written on the back of the amp which usually is mentioned.
Thank you for your prompt response. Plz tell me how to find the fuse rating of the Amp? Is there any other subwoofer amp in the market which can deliver 150W RMS which costs around 5K-7K?
I know that i am asking too many questions. I am a total noob in this matter.

Thank you for your prompt response. Plz tell me how to find the fuse rating of the Amp? Is there any other subwoofer amp in the market which can deliver 150W RMS which costs around 5K-7K?
I know that i am asking too many questions. I am a total noob in this matter.
On Amazon, search for "4D Furnishers Subwoofer Amplifier"

Hello,

Thanks for the response. I already have the mentioned subwoofer amp. I meant any other subw amp apart from it.

I doubt you can find a decent brand subwoofer amp in that budget. Search on Amazon or source locally.

I doubt you can find a decent brand subwoofer amp in that budget. Search on Amazon or source locally.
Ok. My friend has bought Denon x250bt AVR. Can Rockford be connected to 4D amp and Amp be connected to AVR?. AVR mentioned speaker impedance 6-16 ohms. Rockford is 4 ohms

AVR needs to have dedicated subwoofer output if you want to connect that amp to it. Don't worry about the impedance of avr.

Find out from the specifications of AVR to know about the subwoofer output.

Ok. My friend has bought Denon x250bt AVR. Can Rockford be connected to 4D amp and Amp be connected to AVR?. AVR mentioned speaker impedance 6-16 ohms. Rockford is 4 ohms
Yes you can however not to the speaker output. The avr has sub woofer pre out. Connect the pre out to your sub woofer amp and sub woofer amp to the subwoofer.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back