Who sells Chinese Hifi

I do not know anyone in India, but cattylink.com (HKbased) is well known, and Mr, Snowy is very helpful in answering all questions. Paypal excepted, costs incl delivery to home in India!

I had occasion to correspond with Snowy about the Eastsound CDP sometime back, though I did not buy it for other reasons, but not the service from cattylink.

PbR

Hi ....I know cattylink and other mail order, but i thought it would be much better if I buy from here if it is available. I dont have any experience with customs, DHL and all the factors that come into play when you import something. I would like to know if you have any information regarding this...

Regards,
Chandan

Hi Chandan, you will not receive the item immidiatly. You will be informed by customs to produce reliable documents & you have to pay customs fee of 37% at post office.

Hi ....I know cattylink and other mail order, but i thought it would be much better if I buy from here if it is available. I dont have any experience with customs, DHL and all the factors that come into play when you import something. I would like to know if you have any information regarding this...

Regards,
Chandan

Hi Anil...

37% is not what I was told by DHL guys. They said that electronics would be 18% of the bill excluding the freight charge. Are you sure about this amount? Also what reliable documents would i need to produce? and where to produce. I am at hyderabad, and would I need to produce at the local post office or DHL office somewhere ?

Hi, i regularly buy from ebay. All electronics,new or old carries 37% customs duty. i bought a Pioneer amp recently paid 37% duty. There is no way you can escape from this. When the goods arrive, you will be informed by customs to produce original bills or documents pertaining to goods. I do not know about DHL. Get complete info before you buy & insurance is a must in case of loss or theft.

Anil

Hi Anil...

37% is not what I was told by DHL guys. They said that electronics would be 18% of the bill excluding the freight charge. Are you sure about this amount? Also what reliable documents would i need to produce? and where to produce. I am at hyderabad, and would I need to produce at the local post office or DHL office somewhere ?

Thank you very much for your information, Anil and sorry for bugging you. you might have saved several thousands of rupees!!!

Since it is going to be mail order with payment made through Paypal, the invoice/bill would not be there with me but the seller, so how can I produce the documents. Also the seller might underinvoice the product to save me from paying more duty, so do you think they are gonna screw the deal saying this!!

regards,
Chandan

Please PM your Email

ebay sellers do not underinvoice an item or send it as a gift. By asking to do so he may not send the item to you, this might happen outside ebay.
After making a payment through Paypal you can print the invoice, this can be produced at customs.

Anil

Thank you very much for your information, Anil and sorry for bugging you. you might have saved several thousands of rupees!!!

Since it is going to be mail order with payment made through Paypal, the invoice/bill would not be there with me but the seller, so how can I produce the documents. Also the seller might underinvoice the product to save me from paying more duty, so do you think they are gonna screw the deal saying this!!

regards,
Chandan

Please PM your Email

ebay sellers do not underinvoice an item or send it as a gift. By asking to do so he may not send the item to you, this might happen outside ebay.
After making a payment through Paypal you can print the invoice, this can be produced at customs.

Anil

Hi anil, The seller is well known reseller/distributor company in HK.

What pioneer model did you buy? Is it not available in India?

If the seller agrees to underinvoice, you will save lot of money.
I bought Pioneer SA-9100, top of the line model n 1973, weighs 15 kg's. Even now it sells at $200. I won at $150 + shipping, it's in mint condition sounds great. Check the attached picture for ref.

Anil.

Hi anil, The seller is well known reseller/distributor company in HK.

What pioneer model did you buy? Is it not available in India?

Last edited:
Hi Anil,
This is fantastic.. whats the shipping price usually ? Any sites where I can calculate the shipping price ? Is it usually based on price or on volume ?
Also, this means if I ask the item to be delivered to a friend within US and he ships it to me as a gift I would not need to pay customs ?
This is great stuff!!
Do post your comments.
Cheers
Vinay

Hi, i paid $350 including shipping. You can check with USPS web site for calculation, max allowed is 25 kgs to India. Yes you can get it as gift if your friend shipps it & no customs fees involved.

check this pioneer sa, Vintage Electronics, Home Audio items on eBay.com

Hi Anil,
This is fantastic.. whats the shipping price usually ? Any sites where I can calculate the shipping price ? Is it usually based on price or on volume ?
Also, this means if I ask the item to be delivered to a friend within US and he ships it to me as a gift I would not need to pay customs ?
This is great stuff!!
Do post your comments.
Cheers
Vinay

Last edited:
If the seller agrees to underinvoice, you will save lot of money.
I bought Pioneer SA-9100, top of the line model n 1973, weighs 15 kg's. Even now it sells at $200. I won at $150 + shipping, it's in mint condition sounds great. Check the attached picture for ref.

Anil.

Hi,
I just joined the Forum from UK. I have been chasing a Pioneer SA 9100 (and if can PL71 and Pl51A) for quite a while but all seems to be in USA.
I would like to have the contact in Honk Kong, if you would let me have the details. NB: What is the Indian Amp? Sonodyne or something? is it still trading?

Kind Regards
William

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back