why cann't LED projectors be used for home cinema??

i will shortly be in touch with u for demo, actually i am 80 km south of chennai and need to plan for visit and then get ur time accordingly
if i am not wrong ur acer K11 native resolution is 858x600..
ru ok with that for 720p files???

Hi

Yes its native resolution is 858x600 but it can handle upto 1280x1024 and currently i am using it for all my bluray rips and the results are too good to be true.

Regards

sub

now almost closed to dell m110 @ 33K, benq GP2 @ 37K and finally ACER K130 @ 32.5K
totally confused between all,
friends pl help me to decide and buy
any better offer at chennai most welcome

I have heard many good things about the LG HW300 range... Its in the 35-45k range & although the specs seem to be a bit lower than the competitors many reviews say it has a fantastic picture quality... This is a classic case of the specs being lower but the image quality being higher... Check out the following video... BTW the flickring u see in the video is coz of the camera & not coz of the projector... If u have a choice & can find a LG led projector in ur price range choose it over others... u wont regret it...

Projector LED LG HW300G (HW300T) + PC Movie Inception 720p with 90' - YouTube

Another projector u should consider is the m110 which kaushik has... Especially if kaushik is ready to tell u the secret of how he got it from 15k... Most probally he got it from chor bazaar but still we would like to know, which chor bazaar we should go to to get that fantastic price :p ... Just be warned many reviews have warned of a focusing issue but it wont really affect ur normal viewing that much...

MY Final Thoughts...
Frankly speaking by choosing to go the projector way you have already won half the battle :D... Now only the little things remain like which model or which resolution to go for... 720p(or WXGA) is recommended but not entirely compulsory... In the recent Avenue Sound meet we had a Yamaha Xga or SVGA projector running while we were testing the HT equipments... Frankly speaking once u start watching u dont really care if its VGA or XGA or 720p or 1080p... U are just thrilled to be watching the projected image... So choose ur projector wisely but be assured u will be thrilled with whichever one u choose...

PS another projector to consider if u can get hold of it
LG PB60G Projector - Ultra Portable Projector - PB60G - LG Electronics IN

LG PB60G Bildtest des kleinsten LED Beamers mit 500 Ansi Lumen - YouTube

LG HW300 is @ 45K way beyond my pocket, my aim is now on ACER K130 mostly.
DELL M110 has another problem of no adjustment on COLOR apart from focus issue.
ACER K130 is 3D compatible with higher refresh rate through PC mode, if at all u have good graphics card and has 300 lum with same throw ratio like DELL
Only hitch is warranty where dell has extra one more yr , otherwise the difference is hardly 500/- between two.

Dell m110 has hue /saturation etc never needed any other adjustments . http://www.manualowl.com/m/Dell/M110-Projector/Manual/239448?page=33
The software players RGB i can adjust , normally i like to push a lil saturation.

The ununiform focus they say but is very minor i guess, just at the corners ...it is little noisy as desktop CPU, i will post a mod to cut noise by 10Db soon ..

to get screen size of 100 inch what is the distance you have placed ur unit from the screen and what about light uniformity??...

Can somebody clarify this?

I have seen in other videos on the net of 90-100 inch projected screen from a distance of 9-10 feet. Is it so?

Dell m110 has hue /saturation etc never needed any other adjustments . Dell M110 Projector | User Guide - Page 33
The software players RGB i can adjust , normally i like to push a lil saturation.

The ununiform focus they say but is very minor i guess, just at the corners ...it is little noisy as desktop CPU, i will post a mod to cut noise by 10Db soon ..

u have connected to ur pc i feel to get the option of rgb, but for me my hd media player does not have all that...

actually dell comes with three yrs warranty and 1 ur on bulb
may be the online source does not respect that, hence I have not thought off

anyway another info is LG PB60 and PA70 are not available so far as per dealer and they have only HW300

Just a loud thinking, anyone else interested in ACER K 130 so that we can group and buy at better price ??

In general we are most of the times satisfied with the product which we buy but the real test of satisfaction comes when we compare rigorously side by side a data/led, and a decent movie projector. Alternatively if the member's who are having a data/led projector can visit the member who is a movie projector to see the difference.

I use both types of projectors, one for movies and other for data purpose.

V.

very happy to notice that all of ur satisfied with ur models.

@vinay
it all depends on ur time and need of the hour, all the most price.
as i told on my first post itself that these are not anyway comparable to the HD and Full HD dedicated models in the market, but certainly better that watching on 32 inch screen I feel
The bulb being LED also makes you relax in choosing the content to watch something beyond cinema like day to day channels also sometime e.g. cricket match etc..

Diplomat,

Thanks for your view point.

In my view the video quality will be much better of TV compared to a data projector though you will get a lot bigger image area.

It is great that LED bulb has a extra ordinary life no wonder i use it extensively for my data purpose, running daily for over 8 hours or so. There are other benefits too of such a projector, which a movie projector can not match and needless to say such benefits are for data activities.

About watching day to day programmes via projector will not be a good step as interest will fade sooner then later. It is many of us who had thought on these lines but i think most of us have given up such viewing.

V

diplomat,
how much does acer k130 costs? and where in india it is available? I've eyed on k330 for a while now and recently got quote of 2600 AED (sharaf dg, dxb). I couldn't find K130 there, though. I watch movies mainly at night, so less lumens wont bother me and K130 would be more than enough for me.
Since AED rates are high, it doesn't make sense in buying it from UAE now. I was thinking to buy a lower resolution model (85X x 600), but am worried of the text readability (i'll be connecting it to Laptop/HTPC only)

@ausyz
the model is available with almost all acer dealers at chennai and the best offer so far I have is 32.5k (2yrs wrnty and 90 days on bulb)
anything less than 1280x800 may not be ok for you, though here lot have reported good quality even from SVGA itself
think and come over so that we can buy together..
by the way , what are the other models u have explored by now and what about their latest price and source, kindly share
it seems we both are on same boat now, I have almost confirmed ACER k130 and will have it on my next visit to chennai unless I stumble upon a better deal or better model...

Last edited:
Diplomat, have you made your purchase? Waiting to hear on your initial reviews on whatever projector you pick.

i will certainly have ACER K130 shortly. the delay is because all the way I need to go to chennai, book it and have the stuff in afternoon. Complete day job as I stay far from chennai.
it has remote, roof hanging options, wall color adjustments etc as compared to dell m110, which makes it clear winner on spec side, being at almost the same price front. surprisingly there is not a single review on net and even the dealers don't offer that before buying. Strange marketing strategy for ACER.
my review will be on the next day in HFV once I get it, mostly other options are not in my mind.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back