why cann't LED projectors be used for home cinema??

cutting the crap of dolby 5.1 (read soundcard,tweaking,cables,extra speakers,placement etc etc) i choose stereo.The 2 channel bass enhanced sound i feel is enough for BD rips .

It depends on the content you're watching IMO. Those detailed special FX from a Sc-Fi BD Rip or an action thriller will feel so congested on a stereo output. But for those beautiful dramas with lots of conversations, stereo is more than enough and more efficient. And also, the mere "immersed in sound" effect can never be achieved on a virtual surround environment in a stereo system. Being said that, I went the 7.1 way while installing the projector and I am loving it :)

It depends on the content you're watching IMO. Those detailed special FX from a Sc-Fi BD Rip or an action thriller will feel so congested on a stereo output. But for those beautiful dramas with lots of conversations, stereo is more than enough and more efficient. And also, the mere "immersed in sound" effect can never be achieved on a virtual surround environment in a stereo system. Being said that, I went the 7.1 way while installing the projector and I am loving it :)
I found buying bdr at 600Rs /per movie and optimal i m in surround feel , takes the pleasure off , i prefer not to pay for half baked cake.

i have seen people sitting in between so called lowbudget surround packages(not including you unless i know) in small room , but experience was not even 30% real(eg the Qacoustics dabba set) . Low cost AVR and ear pinching small speaker direct nooo for me...

Good DAC >rich tripath > decent towers : i love it

well planned HT room with dedicated X dedicated Y .. will be good for sure .
but that game EXPENSIVE! MAniacal!
includes 1L+ speakers + 80kAvr+ 15k BDP , sound proofing 50K , and goes on and on .. also 12K permonth of BDRs , or large 4-8GB Rips that i cant procure ..

Forme 1.5GB-2GB rips + my HT : rocks and practical

Please change the ODD tittle of this thread : it is totally misleading

Last edited:
I found buying bdr at 600Rs /per movie and optimal i m in surround feel , takes the pleasure off , i prefer not to pay for half baked cake.

i have seen people sitting in between so called lowbudget surround packages(not including you unless i know) in small room , but experience was not even 30% real(eg the Qacoustics dabba set) . Low cost AVR and ear pinching small speaker direct nooo for me...

Good DAC >rich tripath > decent towers : i love it

well planned HT room with dedicated X dedicated Y .. will be good for sure .
but that game EXPENSIVE! MAniacal!
includes 1L+ speakers + 80kAvr+ 15k BDP , sound proofing 50K , and goes on and on .. also 12K permonth of BDRs , or large 4-8GB Rips that i cant procure ..

Forme 1.5GB-2GB rips + my HT : rocks and practical

Please change the ODD tittle of this thread : it is totally misleading

As they say about woman's beauty, so is the case of Audio Video taste is what I believe. Its purely personal likes and dislikes :) Well, I think I comes in the low budget list. I spent only 80K for my whole set up with 25K for projector, 31K for speakers, 15K for PC materials and another 2-3K for DIY screen. It was simply because I don't have the luxury of a dedicated HT room in my apartment, also not a big pocket guy ;) Let's not go off topic.

Have any one tried DLP Link 3D on their LED projectors?
If yes, how was the performance. I noticed on my set up that there is a noticeable dip in brightness while on 3D. I was thinking how a low lumen LED will perform on such scenarios. However, was very happy to see a decent 3D experience on a rather "cheap" set up :clapping:

Last edited:
As they say about woman's beauty, so is the . I ...
was thinking how a low lumen LED will perform on such scenarios. However, was very happy to see a decent 3D experience on a rather "cheap" set up :clapping:

when it comes to audio personally i go for richer (quality wise) setup . i can see you have Creatives . No offense but some creative owners have listened to MS carnivals at my place , next month they sold off the speakers telling they want to get rid off them in one hour the speakers annoy them a lot .

*led Pj does WXGA well ,need dark room
*3d content is 1600Rs/per movie, download impossible , so not for me , 3d tech give eyestrain ,at this stage it is just for name
*cheap smaller surrounds , perfect no no , one can finish 3 movies at a stretch with my audio components , no bleeding ears
*i have experienced real good 5.1s so know that lower cost ones one should never buy .
*source so far is a laptop will be replaced with media player, noisy desktop , perfect no no

No offense but some creative owners have listened to MS carnivals at my place, next month they sold off the speakers telling they want to get rid off them in one hour the speakers annoy them a lot.
No problem mate, am no fan of Creative either :) I have had a couple of cheap Creative 4.1s before. They were not so attractive. As I already said, I wanted a 7.1 at any cost. I was in for Onkyo but was out of my budget. Then I listened to some stereo set ups and felt stereo can never do justice to my listening pattern. I always like to listen to those running sounds across my room ;) Am no audiophile so tolerance to glitches are a bit wider. At that time, I had a chance to look at an S750 installation in a game maniac's place and I felt OK with the sound. Plus its THX certified and just went for it. I will never say its perfect, but it is not bad either for my liking.

Regarding 3D I bought a cheap 2K INR DLP Link glasses from Dealextreme, just to try out. It was not bad either.
To my surprise, it didn't strained me like those polarized glasses from Cinemas.

Thats correct , whatever the user likes he has to decide.

The 3d glasses thing is real new info just share details for peoples benefit

normally you need minimum 2 sets , sometimes sellers sell them for less as a package ... in 24USD or so, ship it adding 500Rs extra

I'm using the Acer K11 projector from the past 1.5 yrs. Extremely satisfied except for the low resolution.

... The ununiform focus they say but is very minor i guess, just at the corners ...it is little noisy as desktop CPU, i will post a mod to cut noise by 10Db soon ..

I always watch movies on my Dell M110 using Eco-mode and still find the noise distracting.

Can you give us any pointers on how to do that noise-cut-mod?

Thanks!

Most of that noise is coming from the rotating color wheel. There is no escaping it in single chip dlp projectors. If that noise is too excessive, sounds like a grinding/intermittent screeching noise, then color wheel may have issues or failing. You may need to take it in for service.

If its a continuous sound, like a film projector, then its perfectly normal.

Well, it does seem to be a continuous sound.

This is my first projector so I can't compare it to any other projector noise, but it really sounds like the fan noise on my desktop :-D

How many of you guys using led pjs for daily tv watchin?? I am thinking of getting acer k330 fr daily tv usage. How it will be in a daylight usage if I use only a 50incher screen ??

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

I use my Acer K11 regularly. Atleast once week during the week end for several hours. But mostly during the night. Unless you have a dark enough room I wouldn't suggest TV viewing during daytime. Mine is 200 lumens but K330 is 500 lumens. So it might be slightly better. But in any case the blacks and contrast will suffer while using a projector in a room not completely dark, LED or otherwise.

putting thick curtains on ur windows will be ok, if ur screen is perfect for projection.
even white wall can do wonder for ur led, if u avoid any direct fall of light on it
i am able to manage in midday with curtain and extra layers of thick cloth on windows...
bit troublesome but worth doing if u need to enjoy big screen with led

How many of you guys using led pjs for daily tv watchin?? I am thinking of getting acer k330 fr daily tv usage. How it will be in a daylight usage if I use only a 50incher screen ??

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2
for 50 inch size, daylight usage may not be a problem with 500 lumens

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back