Why Indian CDs does not have tags?

Vijay_s

Locating the song after ripping has become a nightmare. Couple of weeks back ripped 100 love songs season 1-3 which contain 18 CDs none of the songs have a valid tag and no information available in cddb. Recently bought around 5 CDs by universal music they to do not have tags.

Don't they value Indian customers or not aware of tagging.

Any workaround other than manual entry?

Yeah, I picked up the CD of 'Band Baaja Barat' and had to enter all the info manually after ripping. Complete PITA.

The CD Tags in databases is a voluntary activity. Every time I rip an Indian CD, if the information is not there in FreeDB, I upload the info. All of us have to do that right? You cannot expect to be spoon fed all the time.

Cheers

Last edited:
Every time I rip an Indian CD, if the information is not there in FreeDB, I upload the info. All of us have to do that right? You cannot expect to be spoon fed all the time.

How do you upload the info? I always wanted to contribute to freedb whenever I rip a CD that's not there in their database.
Joshua

I am not sure how much of the online DB is contributed by record labels and how much by individuals.

My guess is "Indians" are lazy and just want to download everything for free and enjoy open source but don't want to work or sacrifice their time towards contributing anything except when money is invovled (like getting salary ;)) :eek:hyeah: :rolleyes:

I am standing behind the mirror onlee (not in front) ... to watch the expression of those dartee phellows who look into it :D

--G0bble
:)

The CD Tags in databases us a voluntary activity. Every time I rip an Indian CD, if the information is not there in FreeDB, I upload the info. All of us have to do that right? You cannot expect to be spoon fed all the time.
Cheers

I do not know when I pay & buy CD how come it become volunty activity from my side than the responsibility of CD manufacturers. Manufacturers definitely have a soft copy of track information, what is preventing them embedding it into CDs. Most of the English CDs have this information embedded.

Few of the hindi CDs have this information embedded as CD-Text, why majority is not?

Last edited:
I do not know when I pay & buy CD how come it become volunty activity from my side than the responsibility of CD manufacturers. Manufacturers definitely have a soft copy of track information, what is preventing them embedding it into CDs. Most of the English CDs have this information embedded.

Few of the hindi CDs have this information embedded as CD-Text, why majority is not?

Ok to clarify further - its is the media players or rippers that should have an interface to update the online DBs. Like freedb.org > Applications > Freedb aware applications

CD companies don't like that you play mp3s (mostly pirated) and can view the Album info online. So they don't support this.

--G0bble

And why exactly will Audio CD manufacturers do anything to help CD Rippers ??? If you read the fine print on the CD it will say duplication in any form is not allowed.

I think SVKNDV is asking about CD text that is embedded into the audio CD. Not all players support this function. I have seen a few Hindi CDs of Sony containing this feature (CD Text).

I think SVKNDV is asking about CD text that is embedded into the audio CD. Not all players support this function. I have seen a few Hindi CDs of Sony containing this feature (CD Text).

Oh yes, I've seen that missing too. This is certainly something that can be attributed to lazy and indifferent attitude of Indian record companies towards their customers.

--G0bble

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back