Why People hate Bose

Took off affordability from my previous comment :)

You shouldn't edit your comments like that - you had an opinion and it changed. The thread should reflect it so others will know how the conversation and opinions got steered down the line. Its ok to have an opinion and change it. Its not ok to censor.

--G0bble

not sure why every budding audiophile things that a rite of passage to audiophiledom is by bashing them up :rolleyes:

I don't think that bashing anything is a rite of passage. Realising that something is not all that its marketing department says it is, and that there is a whole different world of possibility and that some of that possibility actually costs less, is the rite of passage :cool:

The majority of "audiophiles," or even just plain music lovers, will have grown up on full size (at least bookshelf) speakers, and will never have even considered any system that requires a subwoofer before you can even listen to the music. That's my camp: not bashing Bose, just not even thinking about them! :cool:

Honest... it never occurred to me that they would be bought by anyone other than home-theatre people who want the bass-booming systems I see on demo in the shops. OK, it has occurred to me that a bit of knob twiddling would give much better results, but as a music, rather than film, man, I always walked on by --- or ran out of the shop, depending on just how bad the setup was

Hey, maybe that's unfair too...

Last edited:
The Bose IE2 headphones I mentioned earlier in the thread still goes strong and excites me with comfort and sound quality. No booming and all the characteristics associated to bose. Just plan good directional stereo sound with good sound stage.

I know most here will not bother to checkout.

Last edited:
In a BLIND test with let say 30-40 people between let say Bose and KEF satellite 2.1 or 5.1
I am pretty sure the results would be split.

I guess the proper way to audition speakers would be to do a double blind test. Not knowing price, brand, size etc of the speaker.
Results would be pretty suprising -- This has been proven several times whenever Blind testing has been done for audio equipment.

BTW some of the best sounding speakers even today still have paper cones :). papers and some of these natural products are supposed to have a more natural tone. to do that with newer materials come at a much higher cost
+ 1. Reminds me of Yamaha NS-10 Speaker, which was in my 'Classic vintage HiFi speakers' thread.
The Yamaha NS10 Story
Regards

You shouldn't edit your comments like that - you had an opinion and it changed. The thread should reflect it so others will know how the conversation and opinions got steered down the line. Its ok to have an opinion and change it. Its not ok to censor.

--G0bble

Hmm... That makes sense. Thanks.

In the context of this thread, this article might make sense.

Olive Garden is the BJN group in India or Bose everywhere - selling "authentic" Italian food chain style. Nothing wrong with any of this. Just that this happens to be a forum dedicated to high fidelity audio and video, and in that context, I don't see how a company that doesn't even publish their basic specifications can garner any kind of respect.

The Bose IE2 headphones I mentioned earlier in the thread still goes strong and excites me with comfort and sound quality. No booming and all the characteristics associated to bose. Just plan good directional stereo sound with good sound stage.

I know most here will not bother to checkout.

OK, sure... when someone says Bose to me, I think of the satellite speakers with a subwoofer, and, as I said, I don't think this is a product at all relevant to me. It's fine to remind us that that is not all they make. They make PA systems too: I see their name in The Madras Music Academy, and it is one of the best classical-music live sound systems in Chennai.

In the context of this thread, this article might make sense.

Olive Garden is the BJN group in India or Bose everywhere - selling "authentic" Italian food chain style. Nothing wrong with any of this. Just that this happens to be a forum dedicated to high fidelity audio and video, and in that context, I don't see how a company that doesn't even publish their basic specifications can garner any kind of respect.

I dont think anyone disagrees, my point is that it is like shouting at someone who does not care about hearing you !. they dpnt make products for audiophiles and despite audiophiles hating /disrespecting them, they do make their money...people who buy bose dont even know what specs to look for .

Why waste ones breath.

Very much like Aerated Cola drinks...sold at 10 times the cost of what they are worth..and we all drink it !

Please bury this topic once and for all. Mods, please close this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Please bury this topic once and for all. Mods, please close this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

No Wait ...! One last comment .... and I didnt like the colour of hair dye used by a Bose Sales rep the last time I went there ... ;):eek:hyeah:

--G0bble

Last edited:
That's not aftershave. They check two things at the interview: being able to turn the bass knob up to max, and naturally smelling like that!

Me and my bro used to joke about Bose --- no high's, no lows, it's gotta be Bose!

But, off late, I can see the merit of having a Bose product - okay ish sound and good badge value among the masses.

I guess it's a decent deal for folks who don't know any better...

I have heard the bose companion 5 they said that 2satellite speakers can do the job of 5.1 the sound travelled only 180 degree also i have heard the headphones of bose... Which cost me in second hand for 10000. The quality is pathetic.. My denon headphone ah360 can easily break the jaw of bose headphones.. As someone said before.. No one will recommend bose here..

Hey malvai... Elucidate us all on what is a good sound system then!
You or any other so called audiophile!

Would love to sit any of you on my home cinema and see if any of you geniuses can figure out which system is which!

I am saying this because I have various sound systems and speakers installed in the same room hidden behind meshed grills!

I have very good amps and premium speakers as well as the obvious Bose that you lot hate so much!

One of my babies is the Yamaha RX-Z9

So far didn't had a winner on guessing which one is the bose!

For that matter, I had say about 90% of my guests saying that the sound that they felt more comfortable listening to was actually the bose!!!

You see, I spend a awful lot of time and money just shutting up people that think they know what they talking about!

Not saying that any of you don't know!

This thread reminds me of the long conversations of so called techies trying to explain or prove that there is a justification to spend thousands of pounds on a proper CD player and that the cheap ones are just rubbish and don't sound good!

Really....

Anyway guys, this is my view over it!

Would love to sit any of you on my home cinema and see if any of you geniuses can figure out which system is which!

I am saying this because I have various sound systems and speakers installed in the same room hidden behind meshed grills!

I have very good amps and premium speakers as well as the obvious Bose that you lot hate so much!

For that matter, I had say about 90% of my guests saying that the sound that they felt more comfortable listening to was actually the bose!!!

You see, I spend a awful lot of time and money just shutting up people that think they know what they talking about!

This thread reminds me of the long conversations of so called techies trying to explain or prove that there is a justification to spend thousands of pounds on a proper CD player and that the cheap ones are just rubbish and don't sound good!

Really....

Hmm. Bose sales person calling people to jersey for audition.

It is well known that bose salesmen do this kind of gimmick of putting puny speakers into meshed grills.

If you have spent a fraction of the aweful lot of time you spent on shutting other people up to shut yourself up, the world would have been a better place.

While people in this forum are going overboard about bose, You are doing the same in the opposite direction.

Really....

A lot depends on your room. Bose sound good to you in your room doesn't mean that they are good.

I usually don't go and audition systems in others' home and when I do, I try to keep my thoughts to myself because I don't want to hurt the other person's feelings. I have heard pathetic systems and commented very highly on the face of the owners. It is their music and so if they are happy then who am I to spoil their experience. Once in a while there are people to seek genuine help after investing a large amount in a home theater or music system but those are rare. Maybe your guests are also being humble.

Secondly, If I had Bose then I too would have hidden them behind some meshed grills. :D

Back