Why People hate Bose

There is something known as "perceived image/reputation". Just the other day, I was talking to a collegue and explaining some bits and nuances about an HT. While discussing my gear, when he heard that I have Bose speakers, his jaw refused to close for some time and I could see tons of admiration cum envy oozing out. I then explained to him that Bose is all about the art of marketing.

:eek::sad:

Read the long thread...!

I read some where in the thread that B*** has that silky smooth sound.

And they do it in certain way....!

How do they do it.... is there a way we can do it so that we can add this to the center channel in a 5.1 set up.

But again not sure whether we will hear the right sound...:confused:

And finally gobble ...sir it was really fun reading your posts on this...!! really liked the way you shared your experience of audition.

And all others who contributed to the thread..!

END OF THE DAY - FORUM = "Opinions just opinions":signthankspin:

people have been prejudiced against bose without actually listening to them. which is always a not too good thing to do.

u should know that brands dont receive such passionate support or hatred without good reason! sour grapes etc.

i have always approached everything with an open mind.

bose is no doubt a great performer. u cant really fault their performance. i have seen them in quite a few manhattan apartments where space is at a premium and in such situations there is no other brand which can deliver the same kind of performance in the same speaker size, to hell with the price. the motto of bose is great performance at unbelievable size, and they do deliver on that. but if space and placement were not the constraints then should u buy bose, NO WAY, because even without the price considerations many other speakers perform better than bose if u have the space to ideally place the speakers and the size of the speakers doesn't matter, and at a cheaper price too.

but given the constraints of space and speaker size limitations i really dont think anyone else can beat bose!

Bose has almost stopped making true Hi-Fi Audio Equipment and concentrated on portable audio devices......so Bose is already out of the Hi-Fi world.......

I wonder if there are any real buyer for this latest product of Bose ??

VideoWave II Entertainment System

image.jpg

u should know that brands dont receive such passionate support or hatred without good reason! sour grapes etc

You should know that the reason for mass market penetration of a product or brand is not quality but marketing. What's so great about Microsoft, Macdonalds, Cocacola, KFC and many more? Add Bose to the list.

I'm not saying that those guys can't run your PC, fill your stomach or quench your thirst --- but the discerning person can find better ways of doing all those things :cool: :cool:

I always used to talk negative about Bose systems to anyone who mentions that name while talking about Bose speakers and I will add "It;s not for audiophiles". Recently, I had to buy a vintage Bose system for a friend of mine. This included a mint Bose 1801 Power Amp 400 watts per Channel plus Bose 901 series 2 speakers, Active Bose Equalizer and a Bose CD player. I was surprised by the clarity even at quite high volume and I have changed my opinion about Bose. Maybe their new products may not be audiophile, but this is a real masterpiece. I have not decided whether to sell it or keep it. I may keep it for it's vintage value along with some of my other vintage systems

Could the key word there be vintage? Many a company has begun with good products and then gone the mass-market way. Bose has chosen a particular sound/market for its consumer products: there is no way that we can say they could not, if they wanted to, build hifi speakers, but they do not enter that market. They have plenty of technology, and their PR products are much more respectable.

their expertise is in DSP and maybe in reflected acoustics (if there is a term like that) hence not really an audiophile segment. Except for the 901 which Was Ahead of it times. they also were the pinoeers in the Sub-Sat setup while everyone else was making wardrobes :eek:hyeah:

their DSP was their biggest strength in the beginning and i presume untill a couple of years back when they were not THX certified and also did not reproduce Dolby5.1 but had their own algorithm. so i guess they did lose chunks of the yuppy HT market segment (dont know now)

But they are a mid market Lifestyle market and dont even care to be known as audiophile friendly hence dont need really care about forums making all this sounds ;) as they sell anyway

But they are a mid market Lifestyle market and dont even care to be known as audiophile friendly hence dont need really care about forums making all this sounds as they sell anyway
I guess that hits the nail on the head, and leaves nothing more to say :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back