Why this huge price difference: Denon 3800

@Amarendra

Not all models which have been launched in the last 2 years are good and worth investing. With the current rates which are really high and 8K not being a priority for me, I would still (and most would) look at older flagship models which possibly would be available at good rates (provided stock is there) and close out.

Another alternative is to check the pre owned market (OLX / Facebook Market Place) to try out a different brand or model which can be used for a while until you decide to trade up to the actual AVR you want whose features you will use.

All the best!

There is a wide variation in pricing. I contacted the importer in Mumbai directly but they told that they don't deal with individuals. Called up various dealers in Mumbai. The best quote I got was 1.01 lacs for a sealed piece with importer sticker. The dealer mentioned that it's with bill & warranty.
I think that even if the warranty is not honored, it's better deal then going for older pre-owned ones.

@Amarendra

Not all models which have been launched in the last 2 years are good and worth investing. With the current rates which are really high and 8K not being a priority for me, I would still (and most would) look at older flagship models which possibly would be available at good rates (provided stock is there) and close out.

Another alternative is to check the pre owned market (OLX / Facebook Market Place) to try out a different brand or model which can be used for a while until you decide to trade up to the actual AVR you want whose features you will use.

All the best!
Thankfully I am not in the market for AVRs right now but what surprises me is the wide variation in pricing on these products particularly in India.

HiFi mart price is Mrp whereas AV store is after their discount .Moreover this model has some Dac issues,Please refer to audio science review before purchasing.
Yes I had read the ASR review- probably the reason why its cheaper than its predecessor - the 3700 :)

The price in hifi mart is MRP.
The current price in BLR is around 1.4L. I got lowest offer of around 1.3-1.35L without serious bargaining!!
Ignore those who overprice it. You have sellers who give it at really good prices.

The overpriced sellers are killing this market.
This forum used to be so alive and now I see very few people.

There is variation
There are reasons for it

Some importers distributers ask their online resellers to advertise only the MRPs
And not their full prices after discount

So as to not rock any boats with their other brick and mortar dealers

Some try to color within those lines but some don't
And hence the variation

Denon ,
On the other hand recently has had another reason

Denon recently moved away from their 1 importer / distributer system

To having 2 master distributers in india
And 3 sub distributers

With a view to stop monopoly and increase healthy competition

This being a recent development
Hence it will take a couple of months for all parties to come to a common price platform

Denon,Dali ,deftech and polk
( All have increased their master distributors. And dealers )
There is nothing wrong in their product

Denon units imported by PTC are not applicable for service at the PRoFX Hyderabad center and vice versa. They need to have common service centers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back