WiiM Amp

Another WiiM product for this year....

Hope to be Class D
Besides energy savings of course, why do you hope it's class D? .

If it were me, I'd hope that it was Class A with a 1000 watts of power in the abovesaid tiny form factor and a miracle to help it along. ;)

BTW, considering that it has HDMI, and I'm assuming HDMI ARC, this'd be the amp to get, provided it has half decent SQ of course. It's seems so logical, yet strangely missing in the budget segment of amps. I'd imagine if budget soundbar manufacturers can do HDMI ARC, there should be no problem for hifi manufacturers to integrate the same into their "integrated" amps 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Besides energy savings of course, why do you hope it's class D? .

If it were me, I'd hope that it was Class A with a 1000 watts of power in the abovesaid tiny form factor and a miracle to help it along. ;)

BTW, considering that it has HDMI, and I'm assuming HDMI ARC, this'd be the amp to get, provided it has half decent SQ of course. It's seems so logical, yet strangely missing in the budget segment of amps. I'd imagine if budget soundbar manufacturers can do HDMI ARC, there should be no problem for hifi manufacturers to integrate the same into their "integrated" amps 🤷‍♂️

I didn't know that Class A form factor too would like Class D

Mostly class D or class AB amps are seen in the market or released

Yes, it is HDMI ARC

I didn't know that Class A form factor too would like Class D. Mostly class D or class AB amps are seen in the market or released
It can actually - look at the SMSL VMV A1. it's a class A amp in a form factor that is smaller than the above-mentioned Wiim Amp. :)

I assume its an all in one streaming amp.

Would be a good option for those on a budget.
Just add a psir of speakers.

You keep a close eye on all WiiM news :) Thanks
YES for one simple valid reason is that they hear to their costumers feedback and try to solve, improvise, update their products

My assumption is that in the near future there could be many Streamers with DAC giving a very good performance and price that could compete the existing ones like Eversolo, Matrix and few others. I think very soon there will be few ones from Topping, SMSL too

WiiM is one, who wants to give a quality product at an affordable price

For stereo systems and those with a "Separates" mindset, this option should be a better fit.
The Wiim Amp with HDMI input is particularly well-suited for TV setups.
Didn't notice it had HDMI. Finally, looks like a cheap amp which finally got the fundamentals right.

Then again, the Marantz NR1509 was going for 27K a couple of years back so no biggie once receiver prices rationalize again.

Headphone socket is missing, if included it will become all in one complete solution, mainly to secondary systems in bedroom.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back