Will PS4 game discs display any quality difference in ps5 console?

Donivlapog

I have a collection of 50 PS4 discs that I had bought for my 11 year old twin sons. On top of it I have in an external harddrive full of downloaded games from ps plus. I am planning to buy a second hand ps5 from olex to have my children try out all these disc based games on ps5 in my new LG CX. Apart from load times will it be a huge difference? Should I go for it?

Ps5 backward compatibility works on various ways on ps5.
1. If developer made a patch to take advantage of ps5 it might showcase better quality like 4k60 (GoW, GoT, Days gone)
2. Replicates the game as if its running on PS4/pro. This method will not show any change or difference on quality.

Yes , there should be a very noticeable difference in future games as there is a much more capable processor and gpu added. The games can be now optimized during releases to run at higher detailing, texture levels and so forth. Also you will.now have 4k disc playback support if that's something which would interest you

Your existing disc's might not make much of a difference

Some games will work better if the patches are provided. Some will remain same. Some CDs won't work at all.

It will differ case by case, not all of your CDs will be compatible.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back