Windows Mobile 6.5 !!

soundsgreat

Hi,

Hey folks Here's the scope on the lastest yet to launch OS for the Mobiles !

I was doing some research from a long time to get my hands of this ! finally I got the development kit for this and did some work ! mostly borrowed some over the net !

This is supposed to be the Next Gen OS from MS and is supposed to take head on with the likes of old work horse Symbian to the latest flamboyant Android :p!!

The User Interface has gone through a major face lift from the old 6.0/6.1,Now the strat menu looks and feels much better and swankier with unique marquee of icons ! The individual icons are highlighted when you select giving nice and Uber cool feeling ;) !

There are number of customisation thats made possible Via numerous plugin ( for Example the Touch Flo that I've used frr the home screen and weather etc )

As with the latest windows 7 for desktop (from which Am posting this ;) ) this is also has the overall feel of extreme good graphics and user friendly interface !

Hmm what else ? Ohh yeah not yet launched to public and cannot be simply loaded to any windows just its desktop/laptop counterpart :p!

ONE NEEDS SPECIFIC ROM FOR THE SPECIFIC DEVICE AND THE DEVICE NEEDS TO BE CID UNLOCKED WITH USPL !

Also this is a DIY cooked ROM not from the MS or HTC !! Along with the OS the Radio ROM (Aka GSM ) and other things have also been upgraded in my phone !

Any other details or information that I may have missed here can asked !!

The pics below are from my phone !

The Spec's (original or factory default) :

IPL :3.07.0001
SPL : 3.07.0000
GSM :2.69.90

Now :
IPL : 3.07.0001
USPL : 1.11.0000
GSM :3.21.90

Home%20Screen.jpg

Sms.jpg

Browser.jpg

Music%20Player.jpg

Google%20Maps.jpg

Continued...............

Last edited:
Continued..........

Weather.jpg

Start%20Menu.jpg

Win%20Ver%20.jpg

Cursor.jpg

Boot%20Screen1.jpg

Ok Guys please shoot any questions or details that you may wish to know ;) !

Regards.

Last edited:
Hey SG
Without more screenshots its hard to enjoy what you are talking about man.. :)

Regards

I have been using the LeSScro 6.5 ROM for last 3 months on my Asus P535.

Honestly I don't find it very exciting. Touch Flo & slide lock were the only things I found attractive, but then I had to remove Touch Flo from Today to use my favourite Pocket Plus as it lets me add Program shortcuts/ icons into today.

I found that during texting I am unable to drag & highlight a sentence anymore. You can only double tap to highlight a single word or and triple tap to highlight the whole para!

Also, there is no more option/ settings for changing com ports for internal GPS!

Hi,

What The ................. Man I had loaded all the pics right from the boot screen to the last one !! what happened to them I don't know :rolleyes: !!

I will try and edit it to see what went wrong !!

I have been using the LeSScro 6.5 ROM for last 3 months on my Asus P535.

Honestly I don't find it very exciting. Touch Flo & slide lock were the only things I found attractive, but then I had to remove Touch Flo from Today to use my favourite Pocket Plus as it lets me add Program shortcuts/ icons into today.

I found that during texting I am unable to drag & highlight a sentence anymore. You can only double tap to highlight a single word or and triple tap to highlight the whole para!

Also, there is no more option/ settings for changing com ports for internal GPS!

Reju, Am happy to hear you also have the same OS :)! But the things you've mentioned may be true in your case? Am not sure as I've only installed it yesterday after all the cooking ! also make one note that you have older version as opposed mine so perhaps that might also be the reason ?? I don't but you obviously have had more time on this then me so.......

But to me its so far so good :D !!

Regards.
Regards.

I have tried Build 23007 5.3.00 but it used to keep hanging up!

Now I am using 21820 5.0.50.

t0htg6.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Ok ! I did try one from a thai guy before this and was bit not satisfied so flashed with this one !!

Hmm so the newer one had problems,seems that sometimes its true that newer one's are released without much of a test and needs more attention !I just discovered a major issue with mine that I need to work on,what happens is the contacts thingy when I open it the page is just blank !!

Anyways don't you feel its better then the original 6.0 ?? where the GUI was plain and boring and not to mention issues ! for example in that I never was able to load GPRS setting's as it always threw error saying unknown carrier (Mine is BSNL) !!

Btw can you and others see the pics now ??

Regards.

Last edited:
Hey SG,

Did you cook this URself, Any links to the base one you got to cook this ROM. I have been using W.6.5 for quite sometime (read it as two months), But this looks very interesting.

Thanks

Hi,

Did you cook this URself, Any links to the base one you got to cook this ROM. I have been using W.6.5 for quite sometime (read it as two months), But this looks very interesting.

Yes somewhat !! whats the phone you got ?? as you know its model and make specific:p !

PS: I forgot to post this in the first post itself I have a HTC P-3300

Regards.

Hi,

HI SG,

I got HTC ELF (256MB FLASH and 128MB RAM) I think the model is 3450?

Hmm could you please post which is the current version you using ? and Am sorry to ask but do you know to fiddle with the nbh files and such to cook your own ??

Post some screen shots and such will see how can I help you ;)!

Regards.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back