Windows Users - Check this software!

RiddimHead

Hello everyone,

check this software out, i'm suggesting this to you fellow audio freaks because i've been using this for years now and this is the only sound enhancing software that i felt ACTUALLY WORKS!! mp3 files on 128kbps are clear like FLAC :)

It's called Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Claesson Edwards - Claesson Edwards

Do you find a difference ?

There is no difference between any kind of digital output on a computer. Jitter is in the digital domain between the PCM samples. This doesn't matter because this is not what you directly hear. The PCM samples are buffered and "stacked" side by side without any gap in the DAC before they are decoded. If the stream breaks long enough, the buffer will shrink until it's empty and it will finally manifest as an audible gap in the audio. Even if the audio stops the signal that is is played back is still lossless, and during continuous playback there is no jitter in the analog signal.

Last edited:
WTF, the software is just another audio compander which reduces the dynamic range (to mostly 30-50dB).
You consider its output better?

LOL

And we have people on this forum who are not happy with the 96dB dynamic range of a CD format.

website said:
Breakaway Audio Enhancer incorporates state-of-the-art dynamics processors that examines and adjusts the audio thousands of times per second. Low levels are intelligently raised and loud signals are kept under control.

Last edited:
What system are you running your mp3s and FLACs on? I doubt that on a revealing hifi chain of components "enhancement" you will find a 128kbps sound the same as a FLAC with any kind of software unless the FLAC was encoded from a lossy format in the first place..

There is nothing we can do to improve the quality of 128kbps MP3. We may dress it up like a fairy with software, it's still bad data. The software may be some sort of an equaliser in disguise, at best. The key is in having good data my friend.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back