Wired headphones_any suggestion

sand87ch

I have always been quite fond of music since i can remember but the concept of good music has varied over the years.I have always had the hunger for good music,that which when you hear unconsciously say wow.My concept of good music has varied from thinking that boomy bass is great to more clear mids and highs and a very tight bass since say 4 -5 yrs.

In that time i have mainly stayed with senheisser momentum wired earphones.

What I like is the clarity and totally tight bass with the senheisser momentums and this is what i am looking for in a over the ear headphone.

I have been considering Audiotechnica M50x and senheisser momentum over the ear.

Are there any better options that dont break the bank but i can stretch till around 15k.

Check out Philips SHP 9500 open-back headphones too. Got them a couple of years ago and they sound great. A bit tough to find in India though.

MaSh

50X is great. But an open back would be more suitable for music. Consider Senn HD599. It may work better as you already like Senn sound signature.
i forgot to tell.i would also be using this during commute.So arent open back ones unsuited for commute

i am looking for closed back headphones that will serve my home listening and also commute.
also looking at the DT 770 32ohm from beyerdynamics.

My question is are there any better ones in the 15k or if i stretch a bit more in the 18k range?

If you are open to used sets, get the Meze 99 Classics. Sound much better than the m50x and are fun to listen to. Out of the closed back I owned so far the meze 99c have been absolutely vfm.

Also if purpose is purely towards commute, why not IEM's ?

I recently got the Meze V2 classics iem to wear on my evening walks. Quite comfortable, nice balanced sound, reasonable isolation and more importantly VFM.
For closed back headphone you can go with Senn HD598CS as you are used to the Senn signature.
I have not heard the ATs, but has very good reviews, though not considered comfortable to wear for long duration.
You can also check out the AKGs

If you are open to used sets, get the Meze 99 Classics. Sound much better than the m50x and are fun to listen to. Out of the closed back I owned so far the meze 99c have been absolutely vfm.

Also if purpose is purely towards commute, why not IEM's ?
i have got a wireless senheisser momentum but the wired one i had got bad.thats whr this over the ear comes in.

I recently got the Meze V2 classics iem to wear on my evening walks. Quite comfortable, nice balanced sound, reasonable isolation and more importantly VFM.
For closed back headphone you can go with Senn HD598CS as you are used to the Senn signature.
I have not heard the ATs, but has very good reviews, though not considered comfortable to wear for long duration.
You can also check out the AKGs
are akg k92 or smthng better than Ath M50X.i have seen really gud reviews for this and only here i got introduced to the mezee classics.looking at those too but new set is around 27k on amazon.didnt check headphonezone.dont plan to go that high.want to stay max at 15-18k.

Used Meze 99C is available for sale around 16k on the forum, if you are open to used HP do evaluate the option.

no not looking for used ones as of now
Cool, the beyers at the entry level are known to be sibilant so I would recommend you try them out before purchase. M50X to be sounded a little lifeless personally, I have the Vmoda M80 which was similarly priced and preferred that over the M50X. However neither were as good as the Meze 99C, at that budget you can also have a look at Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 which have garnered positive reviews but I have not listened to it personally ( can see it being sold at about 12k on Revolver club sale) . The Ultrasone headphones are also good, but they have been known to be little defective.

Cool, the beyers at the entry level are known to be sibilant so I would recommend you try them out before purchase. M50X to be sounded a little lifeless personally, I have the Vmoda M80 which was similarly priced and preferred that over the M50X. However neither were as good as the Meze 99C, at that budget you can also have a look at Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 which have garnered positive reviews but I have not listened to it personally ( can see it being sold at about 12k on Revolver club sale) . The Ultrasone headphones are also good, but they have been known to be little defective.
u mean the Beyers DT990 too rt?

u mean the Beyers DT990 too rt?
Yup DT770/880/990 are all known to be bright, with the DT770 still being ok. I have listened to the DT1990 and owned the T5P 2nd gen for a while, DT1990 to me were bright whereas the T5P 2nd gen did not seem bright at all.

Yup DT770/880/990 are all known to be bright, with the DT770 still being ok. I have listened to the DT1990 and owned the T5P 2nd gen for a while, DT1990 to me were bright whereas the T5P 2nd gen did not seem bright at all.
so any headphones apart from ath m50x that i can buy in this range which isnt usef and doesnt have a boomy bass

I'm not completely sure what people mean with terms like "tight bass", "bright" etc.vbut I have use bayer dynamic dt770 32 ohm headphones and I am very happy with the sound and they should be within your budget. You can audition them at the dealer when you're checking the other headphones and see if you like the sound

I'm not completely sure what people mean with terms like "tight bass", "bright" etc.vbut I have use bayer dynamic dt770 32 ohm headphones and I am very happy with the sound and they should be within your budget. You can audition them at the dealer when you're checking the other headphones and see if you like the sound
well by tight bass i mean the bass that is not mushy ir boomy but punchy within the music without drowning out the other frequencies.
By bright i assume the too much siblance or the highs being very pronounced.kind of more treble kind of sound

well by tight bass i mean the bass that is not mushy ir boomy but punchy within the music without drowning out the other frequencies.
By bright i assume the too much siblance or the highs being very pronounced.kind of more treble kind of sound
Thanks, in that case I'm not sure if you would like the DT770 because it doesn't have a boomy or punchy bass where you can feel the thump. It doesn't have a trebly sound either. I personally like the sound but I haven't heard the alternatives so I don't have anything to compare the dt770 with.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back