Wired headphones_any suggestion

Thanks, in that case I'm not sure if you would like the DT770 because it doesn't have a boomy or punchy bass where you can feel the thump. It doesn't have a trebly sound either. I personally like the sound but I haven't heard the alternatives so I don't have anything to compare the dt770 with.
yes i dont need a boomy bass but by punchy i didnt mean smthng that hits u but a bass that there at the right place.I dont know how to describe that.

So finally shortlisted two.

Between the Meze Neo99 and the ATH M50x .

My Sound requirement:-

''What I like is the clarity and totally tight bass with the Sennheiser momentums and this is what I am looking for in an over the ear headphone.''

What will u suggest among the two?

Planning to buy by this saturday.

Last edited:
So finally shortlisted two.

Between the Meze Neo99 and the ATH M50x .

My Sound requirement:-

''What I like is the clarity and totally tight bass with the Sennheiser momentums and this is what I am looking for in an over the ear headphone.''

What will u suggest among the two?

Planning to buy by this saturday.
Neo99 is more of a mature headphone thN the ath m50x

Neo99 is more of a mature headphone thN the ath m50x
let me compare my preferred sound over headphones in terms of stereo amps.

i like the sound coming over a yamaha amp rather than the warmer marantz because it feels that yamaha has more crisp and clear sound which pops out rather than the often boomy or overpowering bass on the marantz.

now conparing this to headphones how will you classify the neo 99 and ath M50x?

For neutral and reference tuning, Sennheiser HD560s
If you want something that is coloured and follows the harman target, AKG K371.

Thanks a lot for all the comments.Finally ordered an Audio Technica ATH M50x from headphonezone 3 days ago.yet to arrive.

Hi Bro,

How is the output ? Even I’m looking to pair it with my Dragonfly Red. Can I buy ?
hi,
the output is gud but not smthng that will
jump at you.the highs are not tinny but not that pleasant either but the details are there.
so let me say that if u r someone who loves the yamaha sound signature on an avr or amp u can live with this but if u love a marantz type or more of a rounded warm sound signature stay away frm it.
i didnt pair it with any portable amp.i used my desktop,my phone and my marantz Pm6007 headphone output.
i liked the signature of my senheisser momentums more.though they too are towards the brighter side but the sound from the senns overall is not kind of flat to be precise compred to the ATH.

A piece of advice:-
if u can pls do try to audition the mezee neo 99 which is around this price.headphone zone will let u audition the headphone.i cudnt due to this pandemic and was a bit in a hurry to buy one.

Last edited:
hi,
the output is gud but not smthng that will
jump at you.the highs are not tinny but not that pleasant either but the details are there.
so let me say that if u r someone who loves the yamaha sound signature on an avr or amp u can live with this but if u love a marantz type or more of a rounded warm sound signature stay away frm it.
i didnt pair it with any portable amp.i used my desktop,my phone and my marantz Pm6007 headphone output.
i liked the signature of my senheisser momentums more.though they too are towards the brighter side but the sound from the senns overall is not kind of flat to be precise compred to the ATH.

A piece of advice:-
if u can pls do try to audition the mezee neo 99 which is around this price.headphone zone will let u audition the headphone.i cudnt due to this pandemic and was a bit in a hurry to buy one.
Point taken, will audit Mezee neo99 and ATH post lockdown before pulling the trigger

i forgot to tell.i would also be using this during commute.So arent open back ones unsuited for commute

i am looking for closed back headphones that will serve my home listening and also commute.
also looking at the DT 770 32ohm from beyerdynamics.

My question is are there any better ones in the 15k or if i stretch a bit more in the 18k range?
It has a closed back sibling, 598.

Dear All,

I have been listening to Beyerdynamic DT 240 Pro with iPad, iPhone, desktop PC with creative external sound card. Amazing clarity, very very smooth and soothing. Love it. This is within my budget.

Also using Beyerdynamic Byron in ear since a long. This is for travelling mostly.

Thanks,
Souarv

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back