World tamil conference video-arr

Yes, Illayaraja would have done a better job as per you and me.
but we don't need to be taught about the greatness of this classical language. we already know and appreciate.

It's to reach out to people who feel 'uncool' about the language.
and for that no better a composer than ARR.
The bits by blaze and a lot of other young singers is for this reason.
Well, if this language has to live another 1000 years, you got to adapt.

Yes, Illayaraja would have done a better job as per you and me.
but we don't need to be taught about the greatness of this classical language. we already know and appreciate.

It's to reach out to people who feel 'uncool' about the language.
and for that no better a composer than ARR.
The bits by blaze and a lot of other young singers is for this reason.
Well, if this language has to live another 1000 years, you got to adapt.

I am not saying I dont see the marketing reason behind this.

But Tamil should only be marketed in Tamil as Tamil. That is just my view. Every language has its own music - its own way with sounds and therefore listeners' perceptions.

This song - loftily called an anthem - just did not have that Tamil heart in it. To me it is pointless to sell Tamil packaged in English music.

In entertainment, I have no issues with this tendency. This occasion is historic. The language is ancient. Considering all this, the music could have been better in tune with both the subject as well as the occasion.

Like I said, just my view. I dont know if I want Tamil to be 'cool'. I am happy with it just being 'Tamil'. :)

Hi,

nirej and Bala both have valid points.Goes to show how a subject can be viewed in two different angles.:)

I enjoyed the song.And i did wonder how Raja would have handled the song too.I loved the fact TMS was made to open the song.The bit by T M Krishna was magical.Only Shruti Hassan made me wince a little.

cheers,
sri

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back