Worldspace Maestro is back on Satellite Radio!!

yeah, with the the evolution of the internet and online options, even terrestrial radio is eventually doomed, same with terrestrial and satellite television. But when it came out, it was revolutionary. I had made some recordings of worldspace programming from Radio Indigo, will try and post those in the near future :)

@reubensm, was Worldspace digital or analog reception? I can’t seem to remember. The clarity was quite good and programming exceptional.

@reubensm, was Worldspace digital or analog reception? I can’t seem to remember. The clarity was quite good and programming exceptional.
it was digital indeed. they also had a data streaming service - I have the panasonic receiver and was told, by purchasing an interface card, i could avail this service but i did not go in for that (the intention was to use it only for music). I used a panasonic WS RE-10 receiver, it was the best available at the time and had a very high quality line output. Sounded great on its own internal speakers as well.

it was digital indeed. they also had a data streaming service - I have the panasonic receiver and was told, by purchasing an interface card, i could avail this service but i did not go in for that (the intention was to use it only for music). I used a panasonic WS RE-10 receiver, it was the best available at the time and had a very high quality line output. Sounded great on its own internal speakers as well.
Thanks. So our receivers back then had a DAC. Wonder how good they were. I can’t remember which model I had, but had connected it to powered desktop speakers.

Has anyone tried salvaging to repurpose the receiver as a DAC in their system?

I gave mine away after wavespace completely closed to be used for display purposes, the panasonic re ws10 receiver that i had did not have inbuilt FM so it became a 12,000 rupee paper weight after the satellites went silent :(

I got my Panasonic RE-WS10 down from the attic after almost a decade just to free up loft real estate and check if it has an RCA line in. Alas, no input ports at all. Anyone knows if thay can be put to any use at all?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back