Worth going for Upgrade? from Wharfy to Polk/Klipsch/KEF

Will this one do?
RCA Male to 2RCA Female Audio Video AV Splitter Jack 2pcs | eBay

So this goes into AVR ... then a Sub cables to connect into this Splitter at one end and on other end to "Y adapter" which goes in L & R of Sub.

Looking at Specs of both Subs, do you recommend trying out both together?

Correct?
My understanding is that you wanted to connect 2 Powered Subs to an AVR which has a single LFE/Sub Pre out.

The Y splitter is to be used for the above requirement and not for connecting the Left and Right channels to the same Sub.

Will this one do?
RCA Male to 2RCA Female Audio Video AV Splitter Jack 2pcs | eBay

So this goes into AVR ... then a Sub cables to connect into this Splitter at one end and on other end to "Y adapter" which goes in L & R of Sub.

Looking at Specs of both Subs, do you recommend trying out both together?

Correct?

Both subs can be tried together. No harm in it. The ebay item you mentioned will do just fine but I suggest get a better quality adapter say from MX cables (mdrelectronics.com its not opening now in my system).
No need for Y cable at sub end. Just connect to the L or R input of the sub. Both inputs together has no benefit except for a slight gain (nothing but higher volume)

Both subs can be tried together. No harm in it. The ebay item you mentioned will do just fine but I suggest get a better quality adapter say from MX cables (mdrelectronics.com its not opening now in my system).
No need for Y cable at sub end. Just connect to the L or R input of the sub. Both inputs together has no benefit except for a slight gain (nothing but higher volume)

Buying a Cable locally in sometime to give it a shot as well if the overall performance could go better.

Will post results

I assume I would need to keep the AVR crossover to 60-80 Hz and on the Subs to the highest value.

My understanding is that you wanted to connect 2 Powered Subs to an AVR which has a single LFE/Sub Pre out.

The Y splitter is to be used for the above requirement and not for connecting the Left and Right channels to the same Sub.

Yes I want to connect 2 Powered Subs to the AVR with single Sub Pre out, Y splitter I was intending to use at the end where cable connects to Sub.

Santy's post above explains that there is not much of a point using Y splitter, I should rather plug in the Cable directly to L or R into sub.

Good progress here guys

Both Subs hooked up, the Bass effect has gone better ... much much better.

Just heard some Gun Shots in "dJango unchained" and also some bollywood songs with persistent hitting Beats ... I can feel the impact on Chest.

Still playing around with settings to optimize.

Very satisfactory results after 2 Subs in the setup! watched "Usual Suspect" last night and action scenes were good enough to get you off the sofa for moment.

Ordered high quality Splitter and another Sub cable

Received the high quality splitter and Sub cable, performance is again improved if not by a leap than by a step. :)

Pricey Cables do make sense!

Finally with 2 Subs ..I can sense House shaking in deep bass ... its loud and precise.

2 years from the last post in this thread and I am now back to square upgrading the system. In these 2 years I did lot of experiment with speaker/sub placement, changed AVR to Marantz 6009, changed wiring of speakers etc.

Listening to other setups (mostly demo rooms) make me sick of my setup. The Klipsch RF 62 ii had a much better sound stage and imaging when I auditioned couple of weeks back. However for Movies not convincing enough as the bass in that setup (klipsch sub, model unknown) was muddy.

I have also ordered a SVS PB 1000 2 days back and should recieve it this weekend to play around. Shall post the result

Added 2 wide speakers for 7.2 (my spare Q Acoustics 2020i) and it has widened the sound stage using DSX NEO mode.

But guys do help with suggesting the better speakers specially focussing the center and keeping in mind I am up for a 7.0 and would love to use existing Q Acoustics as wide.

It seems you have shot the pic using a wide angle lens. What are the dimensions of the room? Sub needs better placement. They usually work great when placed close to the corners (quarter space). But if the room is big and if placement doesn't improve the sound, you may need an upgrade. No issues with the layout of the HT per se, except that the surrounds are too far from the listening position. Height is not a major issue. The punch you are missing can be also due to the limitations of your speakers. You can consider Klipsch RF 62ii which you have mentioned along with RC 52ii and RS 42ii. There are many other option in that price range. Don't even consider satellite speaker packages. :D As for as sub is concerned, you can go for a sub from SVS like PB12 plus or import Rythmik FV15HP.

Pulled the Trigger,
ordered Klipsch Reference Premier Series

FS : RP 260
Center : 440 C

Surrounds X 4 (still in consideration)

Seller/Advisor has suggested to go with Polk FXi A4
According to him they gel well and have sold this combo a couple of places. They are all satisfied.

Terrific. Of course everyone wants to know what the cost was and your initial impressions. I have read your posts want to hear your objective review of your new system as well as a comparison to the old system.

Terrific. Of course everyone wants to know what the cost was and your initial impressions. I have read your posts want to hear your objective review of your new system as well as a comparison to the old system.

2 X Klipsch RP 260
1 X Klipsch RP 440 C
4 X Polk Audio FXi A4

Total Package Rs. 175000 including Tax and shipping

Quote from one of the dealers in Bangalore was way higher :)

I should recieve the stuff by wednesday and shall post the first impression soon.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back