#WTB 4 channel amplifier and under the seat powered sub for Car audio

saikumaar

Hello I’m looking to buy 4 channel amplifier and under the seat powered sub for my car. Preferably lightly used / used.
Alpine brand is a obvious preference but if any thing better than that will also be reviewed. I’m located in Chennai

Any one willing to sell kindly let me know.

Hello I’m looking to buy 4 channel amplifier and under the seat powered sub for my car. Preferably lightly used / used.
Alpine brand is a obvious preference but if any thing better than that will also be reviewed. I’m located in Chennai

Planing to go active deployment? what is your audio source and budget for this requirement?

I have an Infinity 475A, 4 channel amplifier that was only used for testing. It is in original packing. Can discuss if you are interested

Do not go for underseat subwoofers. Get good speakers with damping in doors instead. I feel underseat subs are just gimmick. Even such small size subs coming in new age cars at rear side panels are no good compared to actual 10 or 12 inch subwoofers being in a good enclosure. You can get a good non branded subwoofer with 2 channel amplifier for less than a branded underseat swubwoofer which will sound much better. Save the money and spend it on good door speakers and damping or get a 12 inch subwooferfor similar price.

Do not go for underseat subwoofers. Get good speakers with damping in doors instead. I feel underseat subs are just gimmick. Even such small size subs coming in new age cars at rear side panels are no good compared to actual 10 or 12 inch subwoofers being in a good enclosure. You can get a good non branded subwoofer with 2 channel amplifier for less than a branded underseat swubwoofer which will sound much better. Save the money and spend it on good door speakers and damping or get a 12 inch subwooferfor similar price.
Thank you for an insights. I always believe in main speakers to fullness of music rather than relying on sub in two channel. I thought car audio little different knowing the limitations of smaller speakers.I will explore what you mentioned. Any good models that you can refer with three different budget low / medium / high
- 15k/25k/40k

Recently i have upgraded my CAR speakers with Alpine DP-65C components + Rockford Fosgate PRIME 4 channel Amplifier + Pioneer TS-W1212D4 Sub.
Initially i was planning to go with Under seat Sub, I listened to one of the customer installed , The BASS was ok , but not overwhelming. Pioneer TS-W1212D4 was quite better which is very cheaper than under seat sub woofers. Only thing is we need to compromise storage space.

I was planning to change my CAR HEAD unit But I could not change Head unit from my CAR since , Many car settings are driven by OEM CAR head unit.
I would say , the final output did not come as per my likings. But I can notice over all the clarity + loudness + BASS output is increased. I think the OEM head unit is the culprit here. In my older car I had Pioneer Head unit + Speakers (without AMP) which was sounding very sweet and pleasant.

If you need good sound quality , then make sure you have Good Head unit with DSP preferable +before getting AMP + other components.
In the worst case u may need to install separate CAR Audio DSP processor which is expensive. Right now I am living with what I have.

Recently i have upgraded my CAR speakers with Alpine DP-65C components + Rockford Fosgate PRIME 4 channel Amplifier + Pioneer TS-W1212D4 Sub.
Initially i was planning to go with Under seat Sub, I listened to one of the customer installed , The BASS was ok , but not overwhelming. Pioneer TS-W1212D4 was quite better which is very cheaper than under seat sub woofers. Only thing is we need to compromise storage space.

I was planning to change my CAR HEAD unit But I could not change Head unit from my CAR since , Many car settings are driven by OEM CAR head unit.
I would say , the final output did not come as per my likings. But I can notice over all the clarity + loudness + BASS output is increased. I think the OEM head unit is the culprit here. In my older car I had Pioneer Head unit + Speakers (without AMP) which was sounding very sweet and pleasant.

If you need good sound quality , then make sure you have Good Head unit with DSP preferable +before getting AMP + other components.
In the worst case u may need to install separate CAR Audio DSP processor which is expensive. Right now I am living with what I have.
Thanks for your detailed insight
Yes Ofcourse source really matters in any audio system. DSP feature helps in compensating time delays and placements which are practically difficult to do it manually. But at the end of the day budget restricts those add ins. And when you try to resell your car, there is an uncertainty of compensating your investment or possibility of re using your gears in new car with the risk of void in warranty. Tough call

Adding a dedicated subwoofer allows you to reduce bass in the door speakers and adjust bass to the frequency at which those speakers are meant to work. This improves overall sound clarity and output too with no distortion at higher volume. Inbuilt systems limit the bass output to speakers when bass in increased so that the speakers do not distort and people believe the system is good. This also reduces the bass going to the subwoofer through the inbuilt system using impedance converters as inbuilt systems do not have output for subwoofers. That is why there is difference in sound when using after market head units.

I agree, I don't think a 6 inch door speaker can reproduce frequencies sub 70 Hz[approx]. That's exactly why subs are there. In an equivalent home audio setup, you will need a sub to compliment your bookshelf speakers [ door speaker enclosure size] to output under 70Hz[approx]. That's provided you want to hear the full range of the music. I am glad that I read the suggestions on an underseat sub. That was in my plan for an upgrade as I couldnt compromise on boot space. Now I guess another headache as to what to do.

Back