Xiang Sheng dac-01A - Good as a beginner DAC? Worth Rs.18,500 (Used)

mbhangui,

I configured mpd and cantata today and it is working great!. Quite a bit of setup, configuration, trial and errors, but at the end, it was very satisfying to get it working.

A lot of learning as well, I spent a good deal of time in the mpd manual, which greatly helped to play with mpd.

The version of mpd that came from the Ubuntu repo is 0.21.20 which was released in Feb-2020! The latest version available is 0.23.8 released this month. I might get the latest from mpd site and compile it myself, If I find the newer versions would be better for me.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
mbhangui,

I configured mpd and cantata today and it is working great!. Quite a bit of setup, configuration, trial and errors, but at the end, it was very satisfying to get it working.

A lot of learning as well, I spent a good deal of time in the mpd manual, which greatly helped to play with mpd.

The version of mpd that came from the Ubuntu repo is 0.21.20 which was released in Feb-2020! The latest version available is 0.23.8 released this month. I might get the latest from mpd site and compile it myself, If I find the newer versions would be better for me.

Thanks again!
Now that you have installed mpd, you can install mpd control, mpdroid, M.A.L.P. android clients. So you will be able to control music playback on your DAC remotely using android/IOS devices. There is absolutely no setup you need to do on your ubuntu machine. On your android device you just have to enter the ip address of your ubuntu machine in the client software.

Now that you have installed mpd, you can install mpd control, mpdroid, M.A.L.P. android clients. So you will be able to control music playback on your DAC remotely using android/IOS devices. There is absolutely no setup you need to do on your ubuntu machine. On your android device you just have to enter the ip address of your ubuntu machine in the client software.

Thanks mbhangui, I will try these too.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back