Xiaomi MI 4A 55" - HDMI ARC Gives Only Two Channels

girbsnl

My Configuration
1. MI TV 4A-55" ARC Input - HDMI-3, Connected to
2. Onkyo TXNR-676E AVR.

Settings - Audio is put to ARC-HDMI and tried both Raw Data/ PCM for Audio Out.
a) At times the ARC Audio fails, nothing is heard from AVR Speakers
b) When the audio is played, I could see from AVR menu that, its a two Channel input
thats being sent to AVR through ARC Connectivity.

Its felt that as it was explained in Mi TV Forum, the ARC here doesnt support more than
two channels, kindly clarify and any of you found a fix for this issue.
(NB: My TV and AVR both are in latest firmwares)

Pls help
Thanks in Advance.

My Configuration
1. MI TV 4A-55" ARC Input - HDMI-3, Connected to
2. Onkyo TXNR-676E AVR.

Settings - Audio is put to ARC-HDMI and tried both Raw Data/ PCM for Audio Out.
a) At times the ARC Audio fails, nothing is heard from AVR Speakers
b) When the audio is played, I could see from AVR menu that, its a two Channel input
thats being sent to AVR through ARC Connectivity.

Its felt that as it was explained in Mi TV Forum, the ARC here doesnt support more than
two channels, kindly clarify and any of you found a fix for this issue.
(NB: My TV and AVR both are in latest firmwares)

Pls help
Thanks in Advance.

That is not entirely correct....

Once you select Raw Data, the TV can output 5.1 Dolby digital formats...I have checked myself. The reason why you are getting two channel output is because none of the native apps support multi channel audio output. In order to check this, download a Dolby demo video (5.1 channel not TrueHD) and play it using any player like MX player... you will be able to get full 5.1 channel output

You can download the demo from here...

https://thedigitaltheater.com/dolby-trailers/

Yes, I can get 5.1 via HDMI ARC and Raw Data on my Yamaha YHT 299 too. You can test same on Amazon Prime Video, Tata Sky or files played via USB.

I have a Xiaomi QLED TV, 55 inch. The problem i see is that, it has only PCM and Pass through options while connected using HDMI ARC. If i use SPDIF cable, yes the Dolby digital option also appears in TV settings. So basically this TV can output only Stereo via HDMI. That's what i felt. So i connected my TV using SPDIF and started using it. It works fine with most apps, buy youtube provided 5.1 only when HDMI is connected. So at the end i am living with Dolby audio on all apps except Youtube, through SPDIF.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back