XL-2400 bulb for Sony RPTV

Ketan

Guys,

It seems the projection bulb (XL-2400) on my RPTV (Sony Bravia KF-55E200A) is burnt today! I had it opened and looked for any signs of burnt filament; just by looking at the bulb assembly, I couldnt make out for sure that its burnt. However, the symptom it shows is sure for a burnt bulb (bulb light on the front pannel keeps flashing red).

I'm going to show that to a Sony world show room guy and going to find out the price. I see that Sony is selling entire assembly for the bulb and not just the bare bulb. If I can get the bare bulb from the market, I can make use of the same assembly and replace the bulb in the assembly myself.

It seems Sony is using Osram bulbs (SONY XL-2400 XL-2500 DLP Lamp/Bulb - SONY XL-2400 XL-2500 DLP Lamp/Bulb - Rear Projection TV en venta en eBay.es (finaliza el 08-ene-10 04:11:11 H.Esp) ). Need to confirm that once I visit Sony World - It should be the same what was used with the Sony grand Wega (earlier model).

Has anyone got any idea about the price in India? is it a good idea to source it from somewhere else! If I can find out the correct specs from the old Osram bulb, I believe it shoud be easy for me to contact Osram folks in Bangalore and simply request them for this bulb that I can replace in the existing assembly.

Later I also found that Osram and Philips are the other two options if I dont go with the original Sony bulbs, the life should be around the same 6K to 7K hours! Your input on these brands and where to source from in Bangalore are welcome.

Thank you.

30 views, no response yet! Hoping to have someone respond on this - I'm going to JC road today for my car headlamp bulbs, I will search for this as well, not so hopeful though.

bump,,

One of the Osram dealers whom I was asking for this lamp gave me a quote of 15K :eek:

Guys,
Help me if you know how to source this bulb at resonable price in India/Banglaore.

If I cant find, is it a good idea to get it from US? I see it was up there on amazon for around $140 (with housing), looking for a bare bulb if I can find it in US at a good price.

Hey Ketan,

Was wondering whether you were able to get the Sony XL 2400 replacement lamp for Sony LCD projection TV Model No. KF 55 E200 A.

I have the same TV & my TV lamp is burnt.. Appreciate your help.

You can write to me at [email protected]

Jaykar Rao

Just sent you an email.
I had ordered two of them :) thought of saving it for future. However, after looking at your post, I dont mind getting it encashed :)
Let me know if you are interested.

bump,,

One of the Osram dealers whom I was asking for this lamp gave me a quote of 15K :eek:

Guys,
Help me if you know how to source this bulb at resonable price in India/Banglaore.

If I cant find, is it a good idea to get it from US? I see it was up there on amazon for around $140 (with housing), looking for a bare bulb if I can find it in US at a good price.

hi ketan,

rptvs are projection tvs, and use the same kind of bulbas as projectors do. these tend to be expensive.

why don't you try these guys for just a lamp?

Buy Projector Lamps in india|projector lamps|screens in Mumbai, india

Projector Lamps India, lcd Projector lamps india, Lcd Projector Lamps India,Lcd Projector Lamps AMC,Lcd Projector Hiring & Rental

disclaimer - not used either..

I have been on the look out for this XL-2400 lamp! Does anyone have a spare to sell? I'm trying to get one from ebay global buy.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back