How to mount a ceiling fan in a store room without provision given for it?

While the OP has asked about installing a ceiling fan, many posts are giving him HR advice! The HR advice is good no doubt but is that what he wants or needs........

But this doesn’t mean he we can make him the butt of our heartless jokes. Our behaviour with those of lower station in life than us says a lot about us. And I appreciate @Donivlapog ‘s concern for the living conditions of his employee.
Thats harsh my friend.

I have always given the under privileged or someone who works for me, the opportunity to work. Now, that does not mean they should take advantage of the situation because the person employing them has the means. We will work to some demands that are within the realm of being realistic. When there is a genuine reason that can't be done, the other party should also have the intelligence to understand what you are saying. If they don't, I am not going to remedy that.

The FM offered a solution but it seems thats not enough. Doesn't mean you have to bend backwards. Accommodation, fan. Whats next? A five course meal!

Hi all,

A new recruit driver from a different town needs to be accomodated in an outhouse store room which is originalky not designed to have a ceiling fan. We offered to have a pedestal fan put but he insists on a ceiling fan. Now I can extend a wire from an unused bulb connection with wire casing ducts and have a hook fixed to hold the fan but thats not going to be a regulated fan circuut. And secondly I have to do it without the help of the usual electrician as he has been showing off as too busy lately demanding an unreasonable fee and insists on a new fan when I have an already running fan with me handy thats sitting idle.

I might need to drill the ceiling of the shed for mounting a holding bracket with a small hook and am afraid it may not support the fan's weight with an unskilled DIY work. I have a dismantled ceiling fan that I can use which was replaced by a BLDC 6 months back which I wish to use for this purpose. I dont want to feed the electrician's greed (and although I have done such things before like HT wiring ducts DIY, have changed a fan etc...) with the help of an assistant, that guy is not an electrician either and does what is being told. Are there other risks involved as I am thinking of extending a wire from a bulb connection? Is a DIY advisable in this case? Thanks in advance.

as @shankarcams has mentioned, Do ask a good Masonry person on if the concrete is good enough. Concrete being concrete , the older it is, the less it should be disturbed. in new houses the hook for the fan is supported by the RCC rods and then concrete all around it.
A good Pedestal Fan or even 2 placed close is far more effective..but maybe you can find out the reason why he feels a ceiling fan is better.

Or better get him hooked to Audio...he might insist on a good stereo instead and waste his money on Hifi :D

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back