Yamaha A-S500 or Onkyo TX 8050 or CA Topaz SR10

Thank you Saikat,
Where is this 'maxprcrj' ? Used one could be a nice idea.

maxprocrj is a member here who live in Netaji Nagar, he is also having Aviano 6 with AZUR 651A combo. Btw none of us are willing to sell the Aviano's :) Maxprocrj also has a Parasound ZDAC in his chain while I use ODAC. Nevertheless I would advise you to also audition Norge stereo speakers if you get the chance and also visit SKS traders once to see if he has a demo unit of Cambridge Audio S30. Did you mention your budget ?

maxprocrj is a member here who live in Netaji Nagar, he is also having Aviano 6 with AZUR 651A combo. Btw none of us are willing to sell the Aviano's :) Maxprocrj also has a Parasound ZDAC in his chain while I use ODAC. Nevertheless I would advise you to also audition Norge stereo speakers if you get the chance and also visit SKS traders once to see if he has a demo unit of Cambridge Audio S30. Did you mention your budget ?

But Norge doesn't have any dealer in Kolkata; can you tell me the current price of Aviano 6 ? :)

But Norge doesn't have any dealer in Kolkata; can you tell me the current price of Aviano 6 ? :)

It should be around 40K INR but seems FXe | Custom Made Audio & Home Theatre Solutions is not stocking them anymore they are the all India distributor of this brand.

You may try looking for used Aviano 6 may be put an add in the Wanted section of this forum.

What is your budget?

what will be your source? PC I guess since you have sound card or plan to upgrade the sound card? there should be budget set aside even for speaker wires, speaker stands (for bookshelves).

what will be your source? PC I guess since you have sound card or plan to upgrade the sound card? there should be budget set aside even for speaker wires, speaker stands (for bookshelves).

I'd use PC as the main source cause I have huge collection of .flac files and for CDs ,I'd use a very old onida DVD player, Yes, I have ASUS Xonar DX sound card installed and I am happy with its performance :):):)

In this short video
Kolkata: Latest News, Videos, Quotes, Gallery, Photos, Images, Topics on Kolkata
You'll find find vinyl records being played on Philips turntable, I have the same model but it needs serious restoration job, can you / anyone tell me, in Kolkata where I can repair the said turntable ???

I have the same model but it needs serious restoration job, can you / anyone tell me, in Kolkata where I can repair the said turntable ???

I have sent you a PM, I have heard that this person is very knowledgeable about TTs and does very good servicing, of course no personal experience but this feedback is from personal experiences of other vinyl lovers of kolkata on this forum

--------------------------------------
Thanks Crosstalk,
You are the first person, I've come across, who said something (slightly though) negative about 'Marantz', Almost everybody on this forum speaks high of Marantz, as result I had started thinking that this site/forum was managed by some insiders of Marantz or people on marantz's payroll :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:. Thank you, for bringing back my faith on HiFiVision.

I am bit confused, as my budget is limited and my exposure to hi-end ( or semi high-end) stereo is almost zero, so, I think, I should start my 2channel stereo journey with Norge or Allied Accoustics ( Kolkata, Behala based company) :sad::sad::sad:

I also visited Yamaha showroom near Lake market, saw A S-500( box-packed), what I found that unit was made in Malaysia, though didn't get audition as there was no demo unit present then.

BTW, what is the price of PSB Alpha B1 ? any dealer in Kolkata?
Is there any dealer of NAD in Kolkata ?
How is the 'bass' on Yamaha A S-500 ?

With regards..:):)

at this price range, no amplifier will be perfect. each will have its own sound signature, and you need to base your preference on what your ears like. in saying that the marantz will be steps ahead of the likes of norge

If you are given a chance to select one between Yamaha A-S500 and CA AZUR 651A, which one will you choose?

maxprocrj has Aviano 6 with AZUR 651A; seems you know him well, can you help me listen to his system ? If you can, please help me. I assure you that I will carry valid photo ID to prove my identity..

Thanks, :clapping: :clapping:

If you are given a chance to select one between Yamaha A-S500 and CA AZUR 651A, which one will you choose?

maxprocrj has Aviano 6 with AZUR 651A; seems you know him well, can you help me listen to his system ? If you can, please help me. I assure you that I will carry valid photo ID to prove my identity..

Thanks, :clapping: :clapping:

Please pm me your email id, sorry for the late response

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back