Denon 1610 will be much better for ur needs.It has all the major ingredients:
(1) 3 HDMI 1.3a inputs & OSD via HDMI out.
(2) Full HD audio decoding, including Dolby TrueHD + DTS-MA decoding.
(3) Analog to digital video conversion, but no scaling. (so you can run one HDMI cable to your TV for all sources)
(4) Full "Audyssey suite" of MultEQ + Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Volume.(yamaha only have YPAO i.e similar to dynamic EQ)
(5) No problem in passing BTB and WTW info (which earlier models of yamaha had like rxv663, not sure about 665/565)
(6) Stable 75W power supply i.e stable current for low noise and punch for movies.
(7) Has a full bandwidth 20hz -20khz, 8 ohms, THD @ 0.08% ( as compared to 1khz,8 ohms THD @ 0.9% of yamaha 665/565), good recievers have a THD values much below 0.1%, so denon is much better.
:- Denon 1610 doen't have multichannel inputs, no upconversion to 1080p, manual is quite confusing( you may use this guide BATPIG'S DENON-TO-ENGLISH DICTIONARY
The 1910 is very similar and built on the same platform / chassis. They have similar amp sections, identical processing and DAC's, etc, but have 7.1, 90W x 7 amplification(1610 is only 5.1, 75W) , better ANCHOR BAY VRS upscaling upto 1080p( no scaling in 1610), has 2-zone/2-source capability (no multizone on 1610), has two switched power outlets on the back(none on 1610), have multichannel inputs(1610 have none)
SUPPORT of denon is good with PROFX, as far as i have come to know through this forum.
Experienced forum members like venkatcr, have already auditioned 1610/1910 and found them harsh on the sound front.
BUT FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE
: Believe in what you hear/see, have faith on ur ears/eyes and audition them properly, you yourself is the ultimate judge.
Experienced forum members like venkatcr, have already auditioned 1610/1910 and found them harsh sounding.