Yamaha Aventage RX -A1070

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

Small unboxing and initial impressions.

The amp retails at close to 1.2 lacs. I got a decent discount being a loyal customer since quite some time. Don't think those rates apply to everyone. But I can safely say 20% off would be a general value and further on your own negotiations.

Box was really heavy. Inside were the standard power cable, the YPAO Mike, fm antenna, and remote. Standard stuff.

Previous AVR was a marantz SR 6009. So this one has pretty big shoes to fill. What I miss about the marantz.... The remote, the menu and the general ease of use. This aventage is serious stuff. I think I'll need a lesson in just how to use the remote and the menus. The marantz was must easier to handle for the general fellow like me.

I'm still struggling with the menus. But getting the hang of it. The more I fiddle with it, the easier and faster I'm getting at it.

Ran the YPAO. Unlike audessey, this gizmo let's u choose where u want to keep the mike. It does not have specific positions. You can put the mike where u wish for measurements.

Again, since I used the marantz for quite a bit, i can make a comparison of sorts. Firstly, it's loud. The marantz is like smooth wine, the aventage is like a shot of tequila. I definitely can hear more detail and clarity in movies. For music too. However it's slightly bright for music in the higher octaves. These are initial impressions. Remember it needs a lil settling down and handshaking with my Emotiva as well. I'll wait for a few days and then fiddle again with the settings. Currently all default by YPAO.

Tomorrow Ed is coming over and we'll play around a lil bit with the settings.

Overall I'm very satisfied. I needed something thats new, big and shiny. Got it. Few pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG-20180504-WA0046.jpg
    IMG-20180504-WA0046.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG-20180504-WA0045.jpg
    IMG-20180504-WA0045.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG-20180504-WA0044.jpg
    IMG-20180504-WA0044.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG-20180504-WA0043.jpg
    IMG-20180504-WA0043.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 148
Congratulations sir on your new acquisition
You seem to be on a role

I was about to say the same thing. Dude's on a roll. Congratulations. Are you going to use this as a preamp with the Emotiva? I didn't understand when you said 'shake hands with the Emotiva'.

Yes Uday, it's a preamp to the emotiva. Haha the shake hands was just a way of saying I hope they match up well. You know, like a shake hand between friend's! :D

Congratulations... Do you think you will need emotiva as yamaha 1070 itself is very powerful..

Hi Derek,

Finally Yamaha is set.....which means,,,,I will go through the manual as HW tonight and play tomorrow with settings.....so will come a bit early then.... ;)

See you soon......

Congratulation Derek. Hope soon you will upgrade your Definitive Technology SM45 to a Floor Stander.

Yes if you want to buy my Def tech speakers and the tono stands, I'm looking at a pair of MA bronze 6 floorstanders! :D I'm serious!

Congratulations... Do you think you will need emotiva as yamaha 1070 itself is very powerful..

I never bought the emotiva for power. The marantz has enough power. I bought it for a little more refinement.

Hi Derek,

Finally Yamaha is set.....which means,,,,I will go through the manual as HW tonight and play tomorrow with settings.....so will come a bit early then.... ;)

See you soon......
Some solid homework u have to do tonight ! Happy studying haha

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back