Yamaha Aventage RX -A1070

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Hmm that's interesting. I did not see that happen when I used a nad amp with my marantz nr series as both a power amp as well as integrated. As long as the mic hears the pink noise, it should not matter whether the speakers are directly connected or via a Poweramp. Could it be audyssey version dependent?

MaSh
Different Audessey version May be, I'm not sure.
One more slight point of contention is that, I kept the speaker cables plugged in to Marantz as well as Vidar Power amp ; I alternatively plugged the Cable into speakers depending upon the Amp being assessed by Audessey. Since Marantz did recognize the front speakers correctly when connected via Vidar, the chances of speaker cables plugged in on AVR side shouldn't have resulted in absence of dynamic IQ and Audessey for front speakers. Next time I'll check it out with unplugging Speaker Cables from AVR side as well.

@sunand777 yes its the most powerful AVR I've used, but it isn't harmful to check out all the options available and share the experience with FMs so it might be useful for everyone. Since I didn't have a budget for a worthy preamp to go with Vidar I was checking out with the preamps I already had. One of the best SQ was with a cheap 6j1 Chinese tube preamp (with Jan 5654W tubes instead of stock) and Vidar combination until I got a Schiit SYS.

Different Audessey version May be, I'm not sure.

Regardless of Audyssey version the function of pre-out should be the same.. If you had calibrated the speaker connected to power-amp, the EQ will be applied to it default.. However, you can change that in Audyssey curve EQ settings = L/R Bypass.. So that the Audyssey settings are not applied to front L/R speakers..

One more slight point of contention is that, I kept the speaker cables plugged in to Marantz as well as Vidar Power amp ; I alternatively plugged the Cable into speakers depending upon the Amp being assessed by Audessey.

I haven't tried this.. But given the instance that you have said, Audyssey should apply to both connectivity..

Since Marantz did recognize the front speakers correctly when connected via Vidar, the chances of speaker cables plugged in on AVR side shouldn't have resulted in absence of dynamic IQ and Audessey for front speakers. Next time I'll check it out with unplugging Speaker Cables from AVR side as well.

You might have disabled the Dynamic EQ.. You could always engage / disengage one of these features..

Quick question, can I run the YPAO with the power amp connected to the Yamaha? Or do the speakers have to be directly connected to the Yamaha?

Yes.. as FM @drkrack suggested.. The speakers must be connected to power-amp during YPAO calibration..

If your speakers have bi-amp terminals, you can bi-amp them using Yamaha AVR & power-amp.. In this fashion, the bass driver on the BS would get more oomph from power-amp..

Great, done that today, results were slightly different. Seems like an improvement in the center channel for sure.

You mean center channel is better after YPAO calibration..

Yes elango, and also the subwoofer. Sounds much mess boomier. Movies also sound great due to the presence speakers and the DSP.

Today the Aventage will be getting a new toy to pair with. Bigger, bolder and brasher.

Celester340 is undergoing a huge change for his AV setup......Floorstanders is the current agenda ;)

Naughty boys. Prem Josh shafic Ed Mash u all know. Yes, I purchased a pair of beautiful dark walnut tannoy revolution XT8F floorstanders. With wife’s blessings :D
Excellent choice, The resolution of these speakers is simply unbeatable.
Enjoy the listening experience with Tannoys!

Way to go Derek! Congratulations . Finally you are getting to the serious stuff rather than just tinkering with toys and not really enjoying it.
Do spend time and effort in setting up the new babies and I do believe you will reach your desired sound.

Naughty boys. Prem Josh shafic Ed Mash u all know. Yes, I purchased a pair of beautiful dark walnut tannoy revolution XT8F floorstanders. With wife’s blessings :D

He he he Now the Power Amp will be put to good use. Damn this is a very good buy. You are now into the Serious Category. Congratulations.

Need a Grand New Thread with tons of lovely pictures to show those beauties and a Review to match them once they are home. Its going to be one Long wait.

MaSh

Yes we all know....you are so excited that you shared snaps of these beauties through whatsapp.....again....you do the honors of sharing with the audience....please open a new thread for that......a good purchase indeed.......i believe it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT and SOUND!

Best part.....WIFEY approves the massive purchase cost.... ;) I am sure a disclaimer is lurking somewhere.....not to be sold till at least 3-5 years is completed! ;)

Well Done Derek......slowly he is joining the EXPENSIVE ELITE OWNERs CLUB......

Back