Yamaha HTR 2067 or Harman Kardon AVR 70 with JBL Cinema 300 ??

Get2Ricky

Finally decided to go with JBL Cinema 300 speakers as i am getting good price for it too. Now For these speakers i am getting 2 options in market, one is Harman Kardon AVR 70 and other is Yamaha HTR 2067. Both with the same price tag after a hard bargain and is exactly under my budget.

Only major difference i see between those is Harman supports True HD and Master Audio whereas Yamaha doesn't. Are these 2 features really important or i say do we hear major difference in sound with them or its just a gimmick and can be ignored? Cuz according to dealers out here Yamaha is far superior then Harman when it comes to AVR.

Really confused, please help :(

Better to pick an AVR with HD decoding, as most blu-rays will have HD Audio... This is one of the basic feature of the today's AVR.... So HK should be your choice...

Better to pick an AVR with HD decoding, as most blu-rays will have HD Audio... This is one of the basic feature of the today's AVR.... So HK should be your choice...

But quality wise is it better then yamaha? So True Hd thing does make a difference when playing blu rays?

Or Denon X500 would be a better choice than these 2?

But for Denon i have to order it from snapdeal and i think warranty would be an issue :/

Harman and JBL are two different brands of the same company, hence the likelihood is that the two would pair well. You will get an audition of the two together as well. If Yamaha is also possible to be auditioned with the same speaker package then you should listen to both and decide.
HD Audio should also factor in your decision.

i think then that within the available options (that are already scarce), HK AVR 70 + JBL C 300 are a good choice, esp. on account of the HD Audio decoding. raghav3276 would be able to add better.
plus, buying from snapdeal (be it the denon avr or anything else) would be too risky.

P.S. - how is the pioneer vsx series?

Last edited:
i think then that within the available options (that are already scarce), HK AVR 70 + JBL C 300 are a good choice, esp. on account of the HD Audio decoding. raghav3276 would be able to add better.
plus, buying from snapdeal (be it the denon avr or anything else) would be too risky.

P.S. - how is the pioneer vsx series?

Risky in the sense? used product or something?

I was thinking about Denon x500 outta yamaha htr 2067 and H/K avr 70 cuz H/K according to many people including dealers here, is not that good when compared to yamaha and denon and outta yamaha and denon, denon got true HD whereas yamaha doesn't. And again no dealer of pioneer here, only option is snapdeal.

P.S. i have previously bought PC GPU Nvidia GTX 970 from snapdeal only. lol

Last edited:
Risky in the sense? used product or something?

I was thinking about Denon x500 outta yamaha htr 2067 and H/K avr 70 cuz H/K according to many people including dealers here, is not that good when compared to yamaha and denon and outta yamaha and denon, denon got true HD whereas yamaha doesn't. And again no dealer of pioneer here, only option is snapdeal.

P.S. i have previously bought PC GPU Nvidia GTX 970 from snapdeal only. lol

alright. then you may take the chance. i wrote that seeing a sudden spurt of complaints against snapdeal recently.

two more AVRs to confuse you - Marantz NR1403 and Yamaha RX V377 (or newer models of these). ;)

what will be your budget for the AVR alone?

P.S. - Denon and Marantz are i think made by the same company.

since 2067 lacks HD Audio processing, you may keep it out of your list for the time being.
comes to AVR-X500 v/s AVR 70. check with a few users. PMing you.

two more AVRs to confuse you - Marantz NR1403 and Yamaha RX V377 (or newer models of these). ;)

what will be your budget for the AVR alone?

P.S. - Denon and Marantz are i think made by the same company.

Hmmm 25K but if its worth i can increase it by 2-3K too.

since 2067 lacks HD Audio processing, you may keep it out of your list for the time being.
comes to AVR-X500 v/s AVR 70. check with a few users. PMing you.

He can get the HTR-3067. That is TrueHD and DTS-HDMA compatible (essentially a rebranded RXV375/377)

If you are keen on Yamaha, I think you should consider RXV series than HTR as RX-V377 is a very good entry level AVR with HD decoding.
You will see many RX-V3x and RX-V4* series users here..

so HTR-2067, HTR-3067 are out of the list.

left with Denon AVR-X500, HK AVR 70, and Pioneer VXS-823-K.

if buying Denon, consider pairing them with BA XS5.1 (same parent company for both; might gel well)......if buying HK AVR-70, pair them with JBL C 300. for Pioneer, can't comment. perhaps JBL C 300 themselves would be good for them, as Pioneer is said to be brighter, and hence the BA XS5.1 would sound bright and seem to lack in depth, as you had found out in your audition too.

now which of these AVRs would be the best for you? keep after-sales service as one of the criteria in choosing one. also, which one of these has the most features, without compromising on SQ, that also needs to be ascertained. tagging @rayvonnee here. hope he can help.

the VSX-823-K is listed for 2 prices @ amazon:

1. for 25k (fulfilled by amazon) --> Pioneer VSX-823-K 5.1-Channel Network AV Receiver: Amazon.in: Electronics

2. for 40k --> Pioneer 5.1 AV Receivers 125w per Channel VSX-823-K: Amazon.in: Electronics

don't know why the price-difference. just enquire with the seller. if you find any discrepancy (like it being a demo-piece, or refurbished one), strike this model too off the list, as then the new one is for 40k, out of budget. we'll be then left with only 2 AVRs.

now let's take a look at the classifieds section. here we've 2 good AVRs still on sale:

1. http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/56564-yamaha-rx-v471-av-receiver.html

the member is from Gurgaon. easy transportation.

2. http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/54572-marantz-1601-slim-line-avr.html

the member is from Pune. if you bear the risk and cost of shipping (though he seems reluctant to ship, on account of not having its original box), you may have this. this one could be a seriously good AVR!

AHh that was really helpful bro, thanks.

New update now from my side is, after hard bargain i am getting Denon 510BT AVR for 32K with JBL cinema 300 speaker extra obviously. How about this AVR? Better option then all of the above i and you mentioned above?

And i am really not into old things, its hard to trust used products :/ that's why i would prefer a new one tbh.

AHh that was really helpful bro, thanks.

New update now from my side is, after hard bargain i am getting Denon 510BT AVR for 32K with JBL cinema 300 speaker extra obviously. How about this AVR? Better option then all of the above i and you mentioned above?

And i am really not into old things, its hard to trust used products :/ that's why i would prefer a new one tbh.

Hi...
Before 2months I got this Denon X510BT with Sys 5.1speakers for 45k from ht store, bangalore in which AVR cost is 32K. You could contact them for price and even they can arrange for delivery to ur city.

Telling this just for your info.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back