Yamaha India's service is pathetic

tellanand

Guys:

I ran the following test on Yamaha service center in Chennai (Phone: +91-44-2858 7256; POWER ELECTRONICS, NO,4, SEEYALIAMMAN KOIL STREET, MOUNT ROAD, CHENNAI - 600001) - its PATHETIC.

I called up Yamaha service center in Chennai and told them that I have an Yamaha receiver under warranty that I would like to get serviced. The guy on the phone asked me where did I buy it from and I told him I bought it from Bangalore (where I actually intend to buy).

I was shocked when he said that they will not cover warranty for any product purchased outside of Chennai. I tried to reason with him and after a few mts, he just banged the phone on me. So much for an International Brand - they SUCK. It's ridiculous that they don't cover warranty for their products pan India.

I see too many Yamaha buyers on this forum and I just wanted to warn all of you on what you are getting into.

best regards
- Anand

Thats atrocious and here I was thinking Philips was worst!!!

Did you check with the Yamaha Music Square guys on this? I am sure they will give an prompt reply.

Guys:

I ran the following test on Yamaha service center in Chennai (Phone: +91-44-2858 7256; POWER ELECTRONICS, NO,4, SEEYALIAMMAN KOIL STREET, MOUNT ROAD, CHENNAI - 600001) - its PATHETIC.

I see too many Yamaha buyers on this forum and I just wanted to warn all of you on what you are getting into.

best regards
- Anand

The address you have given is also Torvin, who manufacture torvin brand speakers and also they are the dealers for Yamaha, they may be angry that you have not bought from them.

Ask them their offer price for the same.

Are you sure they are the authourized service centre for Yamaha

thanks
Gap G J

Do you guys think I should escalate this to highest level with Yamaha? Do we really care? If Yamaha thinks they are the only brand that people will buy irrespective of the service they offer - they are mistaken.

I'm personally not inclined to buy ANY YAMAHA product and I'm not going to recommend it to anyone I know either.

What do you guys think?

well you will be better off with an denon or an onkyo in India with respect to service in case you are looking for an AVR. Yamaha service si pathetic even a lot of dealers have confirmed. It took them 5 months to replace a faulty chip in a 2 month old 863.

Then again I had set my sight on an 863 earlier bu the kind of feedback and response i got from yamaha chennai and pune center - i decided to back out.

Onkyo service in Mumbai is reliable as they provide 6months service warrenty when repaired AVR after actual warrenty is over.

I thought Yamaha are the best to service & Denon worse.:mad:

the situation is - if we stop buying brands for their bad service and attitude, we would not be left with any option!
We have to choose the lesser devil.

I am not quite sure if the attitude of Yamaha India would suck quite as much as this particular dealer. I would give them the benefit of doubt and try raising this with Yamaha India at the highest level possible and hope some good would come out of it.
On a slightly different note, I was going to suggest these chaps to one of my friends who's looking for an AVR, not anymore.

I am not quite sure if the attitude of Yamaha India would suck quite as much as this particular dealer. I would give them the benefit of doubt and try raising this with Yamaha India at the highest level possible and hope some good would come out of it.
On a slightly different note, I was going to suggest these chaps to one of my friends who's looking for an AVR, not anymore.

I sent a mail out the info and sales emails ids (on their website) complaining about this incident. Its been 4 days - no one has cared to reply.

I think this only confirms their customer service attitude in India.

I sent a mail out the info and sales emails ids (on their website) complaining about this incident. Its been 4 days - no one has cared to reply.

I have had a similar experience with Sony. Poor service!

This might have been a one off case, since I was also planning to buy the Yamaha 863, I called the Yamaha India office and enquired about the warranty terms and a lady on the phone was quite courteous and gave me all the information.

I also checked to see if buying from Excite was an issue, and asked her about Nippon Distributors from whom Excite procures Yamaha stuff. She confirmed them as their authorized distributor.

tellanand, why dont you call them once??

Regards,

Srisha

This might have been a one off case, since I was also planning to buy the Yamaha 863, I called the Yamaha India office and enquired about the warranty terms and a lady on the phone was quite courteous and gave me all the information.

I also checked to see if buying from Excite was an issue, and asked her about Nippon Distributors from whom Excite procures Yamaha stuff. She confirmed them as their authorized distributor.

tellanand, why dont you call them once??

Regards,

Srisha

did you cal up the chennai office? The lady is nice but she just refers you to some dealer/distributor down the chain - this is where the problem starts.

And yes I have heard guarantee is not guaranteed if bought at a different location. I cannot forget the haggle i went through during my purchase process.

I have had similar experience with Onkyo and I had to carry my 875 back to Dubai for service. I went up to some VP in Japan and he said he cannot help me, and cited some company policy.

All these companies have the same attitude.

The only company I know of that takes their service seriously is Bryston. I have heard tales of their US office send a spare part, and guiding the user step by step on how to replace it within his amp. Such companies are rare, and their products will be expensive.

Cheers

did you cal up the chennai office? The lady is nice but she just refers you to some dealer/distributor down the chain - this is where the problem starts.

And yes I have heard guarantee is not guaranteed if bought at a different location. I cannot forget the haggle i went through during my purchase process.

No I called the Yamaha India office in Gurgoan.

I think the problem is with Power Electronics and not Yamaha, I called them few days back and wanted to get my Sony DAT Deck serviced from them.
The Person on the phone said that he cannot speak to me at present because he was busy with some other work and disconnected the line.:sad:

Absolute Nonsense !!

The Person on the phone said that he cannot speak to me at present because he was busy with some other work and disconnected the line.:sad:

Absolute Nonsense !!

:mad: My New Year resolution prevents from expressing myself more lucidly, but what the.....! :mad:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back