Yamaha receivers at Best price in Xcite,Bangalore

I am planning to buy yamaha RXV 463 from X cite Bangalore, offered 20.5K and yet to bargain. By your feedback I am in dialemma whether to go for it or not. Somebody may give suggestion.

Please use a lot of judgement before you buy Yamaha. Their customer service attitude sucks. If you don't have trouble with their product you'll be happy with; but the moment you have problems with the product I think the ordeal will start!

I'd let other Yamaha owners comment more. BUt I'm not buying or recommending a Yamaha to anyone.

well the person who was talking to you wasn't international - but a desi.
However, one brand I absolutely hate is Apple. How can they launch iphone for 36k INR when it was selling in the US for 199 @ 41 INR at that time - that is 8-9k INR. 4 times of the cost in US? What the hell.
I absolutely hate this attitude. I wouldn't buy an iPhone even if it was the only cell phone company in the world. Their discrimination towards India sucks. To hell with Mr Jobs. I think he is sick, and probably in the mind.

So much for an International Brand - they SUCK.

Do you think we should buy a Yamaha any more?

- Anand

well the person who was talking to you wasn't international - but a desi.
However, one brand I absolutely hate is Apple. How can they launch iphone for 36k INR when it was selling in the US for 199 @ 41 INR at that time - that is 8-9k INR. 4 times of the cost in US? What the hell.
I absolutely hate this attitude. I wouldn't buy an iPhone even if it was the only cell phone company in the world. Their discrimination towards India sucks. To hell with Mr Jobs. I think he is sick, and probably in the mind.

i feel the same way - i would never buy an Apple product though in my early days an Apple was top of my wish list. Only thing that works for Apple is simplicity - that's it.

Look at the iPOD - music quality sucks - at least in comparison to an cowon or an creative. Sandisk Sansa has better overall sound quality. Iphone - its an allround device - touch screen is its forte. Minimalistic application features are missing - as if Apple was bug testing an half baked produt. The new ipod 3g S seems to have ironed out some features. Ditto with the macbook Air - only selling point is the thinness. they sella brand thats that and gullible people pay for it.

The way Indian tech programs on the stupid box "telly" go gaga over Apple and its innovations - it kinda sucks. Stupid buggers know no VFM.

BTW regarding the pricing - though there are differences with the cost modeling wrt to US and India - in US it is a plan you buy and Apple recovers the cost via this plan that stretches to a minimum of 2 years. In India plans are open usually hence the pricing. But still looking at India markets Apple could have done a better job at pricing.

We should start a thread regarding brands we hate -

1. Apple - you pay for a stupid brand - a half baked apple (and now we all know how bad an rotten apple tastes like)
2. Honda - cheap peoples and Asians car in the US, luxury car in India
3 Toyota - Ditto
4. Skoda - I simply hate for the pathetic service. And gullible people buy it.

I do agree technology is supposed to be make things simplistic - but if people need the technical ability and IQ of scrolling a touch wheel to browse their music on a average quality expensive piece of sound junk - we are in for bad times.

Some of us will always have a techie mindset and be a nerd:p

do you have a skoda? you are exactly correct about the pathetic and HIGHLY priced service. I hate them too. But the car is excellent.

Guys:

I have bad news: I ran the following test on Yamaha service center in Chennai (Phone: +91-44-2858 7256; POWER ELECTRONICS, NO,4, SEEYALIAMMAN KOIL STREET, MOUNT ROAD, CHENNAI - 600001) - its PATHETIC.

I called up Yamaha service center in Chennai and told them that I have an Yamaha receiver under warranty that I would like to get serviced. The guy on the phone asked me where did I buy it from and I told him I bought it from Xcite, Bangalore (where I actually intend to buy).

I was shocked when he said that they will not cover warranty for any product purchased outside of Chennai. I tried to reason with him and after a few mts, he just banged the phone on me. So much for an International Brand - they SUCK.

Do you think we should buy a Yamaha any more?

- Anand

This is not acceptable. What if i purchase the receiver in Coimbatore? still the person in chennai will not service it?

Normally the products sold in India will have national wide warranty. I got the Onida TV from chennai and when i ran in to problems service centre in blore fixed it w/o any cost seeing my bill and warranty.

I am sure Yamaha will also have the same policy. We should give feedback to yamaha, India about this.

Thanks,
Prakash.

no my piece is not demo piece..
it was seal pack fresh..
infact designer audio.. has only 863 for demo.. no other piece..
sorry for late reply...

I got some feed back that yamaha receivers are having problem with their transformers. Company is also not responded to this problem. Is it true? Somebody can give feed back on this.

I got some feed back that yamaha receivers are having problem with their transformers. Company is also not responded to this problem. Is it true? Somebody can give feed back on this.

sorry no idea about this problem!

I doubt if they will launch the new product lines of the x65 series till they sell out the x63 series of receivers. Having a dual inventory is not profitable at all as it hurt sales of both lines.

Laksh

Guys... I spoke to Aditya from Xcite and will be heading out there over the weekend... will ask about the x65 and will also give you guys an updated pricing for the 606, 663 and 1909. I am looking at one of these 3.

I don't think 606 will be available in multibrand outlets as it has to be sold from exclusive Onkyo showrooms only.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Oh ok... I am going to be doing my rounds of all the stores in Bangalore... I will give find out the quotes and put it out here for everyone to see.

Oh ok... I am going to be doing my rounds of all the stores in Bangalore... I will give find out the quotes and put it out here for everyone to see.

Me too :clapping:, Saw some special prices on xcite website for Yamaha 463 and Jamo 406 :licklips:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back