Yamaha RX V 677 for INR 37360/- on Newegg

Recently someone has an issue with a sony avr bought from usa. He plugged it into the 220v socket directly which caused damage. Though sony accepted the avr for repair but he had to pay for it. No warranty in india. Also i dont know if like onkyo even yamaha and denon refuse to service even if you are ready to pay charges for it.

How did you arrive at that figure? It's $380, approximately Rs 24,000
What's the price in India?

Normally Newegg similar to Amazon shows the total price which includes the shipping/customs if the item is shippable to India. I think what the OP is quoting the figure should include all these but I feel it is not worth it as it will be 110v and you need to get a step down transformer in India and also loosing out on the warranty as well.

Hi,

In India, the price is about 55k. Atleast in htstore site, it is listed as 55k. So, may be the dealer might come down to about 51 or 52 atmost. Considering a price difference of more than 15k, I thought it is a pretty good deal and just shared it with everyone here.

But yes, this is an US Version of the receiver. There will be no warranty and you will have to buy a step down transformer. I am not sure if the Service Center guys will do anything even if you are willing to pay for it. Better to confirm that before buying anything.

And Yes, usually Newegg includes the Shipping and Custom charges for all the items which can be shipped to India. So, I think 37k is the final landing price of the product as listed in New Egg site.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Hi,

In India, the price is about 55k. Atleast in htstore site, it is listed as 55k. So, may be the dealer might come down to about 51 or 52 atmost. Considering a price difference of more than 15k, I thought it is a pretty good deal and just shared it with everyone here.

But yes, this is an US Version of the receiver. There will be no warranty and you will have to buy a step down transformer. I am not sure if the Service Center guys will do anything even if you are willing to pay for it. Better to confirm that before buying anything.

And Yes, usually Newegg includes the Shipping and Custom charges for all the items which can be shipped to India. So, I think 37k is the final landing price of the product as listed in New Egg site.""

i entered my delhi pincode. here is the price
subtotal 37000
taxes and duties 10722
shipping (3-5 business days) 19043
OR shipping( 8-15 business days ) 12674

pl check thoroughly before placing order. No warranty and cost of step down transformer.
now the site shows unavailable.

Last edited:
i entered my delhi pincode. here is the price
subtotal 37000
taxes and duties 10722
shipping (3-5 business days) 19043
OR shipping( 8-15 business days ) 12674

pl check thoroughly before placing order. No warranty and cost of step down transformer.
now the site shows unavailable.

Indeed yeah.. I just checked that for my Pin Code as well. The total Cost will come to about 60k if we opt for 8-15 days Shipment. Obviously better to buy that in India itself which will give you warranty and no additional cost of Step Down Transformer and other stuff. Well, I have Just got excited by seeing that price. Sorry Guys, I should have verified complete details before posting it here. Anyways, Thanks for the Information Anand.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

I think I can reply to this thread. Because I am the guy who bought SONY AVR from USA to india and plugged into 220V socket directly without using step down transformer.. It burned my transformer inside the AVR.

My suggestion is that dont buy the AVR from abroad even if it has international warranty. Because I bought my SONY STR DN1050 through amazon.com. The original product cost is 34700 INR. But paid nearly 200% of amount for the AVR including shipping and customs duty charge.

This is the amount I paid for AVR. 34700 INR (AVR) + 13200 INR (Customs) + 10500 INR (shipping). Totally 58400 INR for the AVR.

Adding to that you have to spend 3000 INR for the step down transformer also because you cannot use it directly.

Adding again, even it you think to return the item, then again you have to pay the customs and shipping charges. Then you will get only 5K refunded.

And it is your risk that if the product gets damaged no one is ready to service your receiver here in India. It is exceptional that SONY guys here in India serviced my AVR (A good sign from SONY seriously).

Better buy it in India itself. For me SONY AVR is not available in India so I bought it there.

Please think twice or thrice before making decision and get help from forum guys. They will help you for sure.

Hope this would help you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Agree completely with some of the posts here..
Get it locally and you will have peace of mind with proper service support.

Hi Friends,

I had found Denon X3100 on amazon.de costing 54000INR including shipping and customs. This system is 220V and hence can be used in India without any converters.

Is it worth to buy systems from Amazon.de. Are there any chances that shipment get damaged or siezed from customs.

BR//
Bhavin

I generally feel that it is best to buy voltage matching units just in case of AVRs.

The reasons are as follows:

1) AVRs usually consume a lot of power when being used, be it movies or music. When there is a load in terms of content, it tends to pull more power from the caps and transformer and other parts.

2) Introducing a step down will of course introduce some more noise/disturbance in the power supply. I am not saying it is wrong to use a step down or an upconverter, but it is best not to introduce another distraction in the audio/video chain.

3) Then there is the 50/60 hertz issue, which more competent FMS can explain.

4) One more box (step down or up unit) in the chain which needs to spaced out in the room. This is of course not applicable for guys with big rooms.

5) You have to keep remembering not to ever plug it in wrongly to local supply unit (even though usually the power receptacles are shaped differently, so that is not a problem usually).

6) I am alright with low powered items like players, media players which use up to about 50W to be of a different voltage unit, but not with AVRs which are based on a lot of power.

I myself have a blu ray player which is 110V, so there I am guilty of it too. :)

Guys, what do you think?

The best place to shop for AVR would be singapore rather than US or Europe .

Our mains are 230v and not 220V ,please remember that before buying a 220v unit . Very rarely does our mains see 230v else it is btwn 210 -220v these days , but I would suggest a 230v just for the sake of "headend " .

A step-up converter would approximately lose about 30 % energy trying to step -up and then the transformer inside the AVR doing the step down again .

Hi Friends,

I had found Denon X3100 on amazon.de costing 54000INR including shipping and customs. This system is 220V and hence can be used in India without any converters.

Is it worth to buy systems from Amazon.de. Are there any chances that shipment get damaged or siezed from customs.

BR//
Bhavin

I guess above deal is steal. Had any FM here ever purchased AVR from Amazon.de?

BR//
Bhavin

I bought my Denon 1713 from Amazon.de in 2013, hand carried by my friend. I never had any issues with it except the tripping due to voltage fluctuation. My plasma Tv power board gave up twice with that kind of voltage fluctuation but not the AVR, i guess i was lucky. My AVR is driving Andrew Jones FS51 and centre speaker.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back