YAMAHA RX-V459 and 461

ajayvats

Hello friends,

I am new in this forum and as my budget is very low (10-15 K), I want to ask you guys:

1. Has anyone used / own Rx-V459 / 461 from Yamaha ?

What is the sound quality of these recievers as i dont want hdmi or other multifunctions apart from basic setup for quality audio.

2. How are the Yamaha NS-P116 (6.1 Speaker setup, 5 NX-E130, 1 NX-C130 and one SW-P130 Subwoofer, setup for a small room ?)

Any advice are welcome.

Hello friends,

I am new in this forum and as my budget is very low (10-15 K), I want to ask you guys:

1. Has anyone used / own Rx-V459 / 461 from Yamaha ?

What is the sound quality of these recievers as i dont want hdmi or other multifunctions apart from basic setup for quality audio.

I have not seen the 461 model but the 459 is excellent for 90% of everyone's usage (5.1 system with analogue input for high resoluton music). I had its successor 657 and liked it a lot before going for separates.

Its got all connection (component, composite, toslink, coax and active sub out). Very stable and reliable system that can drive most speakers really well. Its also got support for tons of DSP models as well as Dolby Digital and DTS. If you get it for a reasonable price go for it.

Just so you know these are not in production anymore so I am thinking you are getting a used model. Negotiate price accordingly.

2. How are the Yamaha NS-P116 (6.1 Speaker setup, 5 NX-E130, 1 NX-C130 and one SW-P130 Subwoofer, setup for a small room ?)

Any advice are welcome.

Good starter system but there are also other options from Onkyo that are worth looking at.

Back