Yamaha RX-V679 Dead after Firmware Update

lightpower

I couldn't find a relevant thread on this hence starting a new one.

I own a Yamaha RX-V679 receiver ( Bought from UK )and it was prompting for a Firmware update since 1st April. I decided to bite the bullet yesterday and went ahead in updating the firmware through Network. THe update took around 40 mins and was successful. After the update I powered down the using using the Main Zone button.

After that there is no standby light and the unit is dead. Its not powering ON, No display and not hearing any relay clicks as well. Tried to do a USB Update using the procedure mentioned in the "Troubleshooting section" of the firmware update manual but of no use, still the unit is to responding.

Any suggestions/help here ?

Did you try to follow the updation procedures in first step? If there's any deviation from the steps mentioned in procedure guide then you would face such problem. There's some procedure to reset it if try to google it else you might have to call Yamaha guys.

UPDATE:-

I have visited Thomsun Musicals and met Mr. Alex. It seems to be a hardware problem and left the box with him for further diagnosis. Will update the thread once I hear back from them.

Final Outcome:

Thanks all.

The Amp didn't die because of Firmware update but there was a liquid spill. It was a coincidence that I suspected the Firmware issue. So as of now its beyond repair and I am moving on ...

*** Thread Closed ***

You can put the dead avr for sale at least I would love to make something from the dead chassis.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back