Yamaha RX-V683 vs Denon AVR-X2400H - Which is the best?

Recently I have purchased Sony 55x9000e and I am happy with the performance. Sony upscale only FHD content to 4K and the results are impressive. I have compared FHD, Upscale 4k and original 4k content . You can't expect picture quality like original 4k content but it's better than FHD. It's a fact and you must accept that 4k Upscale results will never match the original 4k quality and move accordingly. I have tested it with Netflix,Prime and YouTube but not with Satalite receive box. Most the AVR are designed to give better audio performance than video so upscaler results may be mediocre compare to 4k TV.

Recently I have purchased Sony 55x9000e and I am happy with the performance. Sony upscale only FHD content to 4K and the results are impressive. I have compared FHD, Upscale 4k and original 4k content . You can't expect picture quality like original 4k content but it's better than FHD. It's a fact and you must accept that 4k Upscale results will never match the original 4k quality and move accordingly. I have tested it with Netflix,Prime and YouTube but not with Satalite receive box. Most the AVR are designed to give better audio performance than video so upscaler results may be mediocre compare to 4k TV.

Well if you notice closely, your SONY TV HAS 4K HDR Processor X1 Chip which does have the capability to upscale content to 4k but my SONY KD-65X8500D has 4K Processor X1 which unfortunately doesn't do the same. That's the reason your FHD (Full High Definition) gets upscaled to 4k. I paid a huge premium price and this is how SONY CHEATED ME WITH THIS WORSE TV. It simply doesn't live upto my expectations.

For me, SONY IS WORSE!

I think you should more concentrate on the present not in the past, you can't change what sony have done to you. I know it really hurts but you can't change the past. What you can do now is to utilize what you have.
As your TV not able to upscale SD content to 4K properly you start feeding it with 1080P, 2K or 4K content as much as possible.

1. Subscribe Netflix 4K (30-day free trial) and check if you are happy with it. If yes then continue. Same way check Amazon Prime video (HD only no 4K).
2. Stop relying on upscaling, you will be happy.
3. For a 65 inch TV viewing distance must be 9 feet or more. If your distance is below 9 feet pixelation will be visible pretty bad for non 4K content.
4. Sony service guys don't know about speaker placement, you should have done some research before letting him install the speakers. For speaker placement you don't need any service guy, you can do it yourself. As you are in Mumbai you can take help of any FM near you or maybe any of your friends can help. If you care about both audio and video your speaker placement plays a vital role to get a better sound. If you only care about video then your current speaker placement is ok.
5. Viewing content through Set Top Box...... you will not be satisfied ever until they provide 4K content.

It's your hard earned money and your choice.... so be happy and enjoy.

I've also heard that Denon Amplifiers cost of repairs are very high compared to Yamaha amplifiers so I have received an advice that it is better to buy Yamaha Amplifier so even couple of years down the line post warranty expiration if the amplifier fails to work, its part won't be that costly to bring new life in it compared to Denon Amplifiers.

Also, Denon doesn't have any proper service in India just like it doesn't have it's Denon India website, is this true?

ProFx should be providing the service/repairs for denon.
Yahama has wide service network in other smaller cities too.

Can anybody still suggest me which is the best Amplifier to buy between Yamaha RX-V685 vs Denon AVRX-2400H. I noticed the following audio differences between the two:

Yamaha RX-V685:
MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96 kHz / 24-bit, FLAC: up to 192 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 192 kHz / 32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2 MHz

Denon Offers:
ENJOY SUPERB AUDIO FIDELITY.

The AVR-X2400H features high resolution audio decoding with multiple lossless file types including ALAC, FLAC and WAV at up to 24-bit/196-kHz along with compatibility for 2.8/5.6-MHz DSD files (DSD is the audio coding format of SACD).

I see that Yamaha is a clear winner when it comes to delivering of High Resolutions sound however there is just on thing which confused me.

While Denon offers High Resolution Audio, Yamaha offers Pure Direct. What is the difference between the two and which one stands out to be the best.

In terms of Video, both upscales to 4K / 60p, 4:4:4, has Deep Color/x.v.Color, HDR and almost everything.

However, I just had a very bad experience with the Denon Authorized Distributor and its dealer. The dealer suggested by the person from Denon Authorized Distributor was just not interested in sending his shop address, did not send me his company's bank details so that I can add it in my bank's IMPS Section and make an immediate payment if I make up my mind to chose Denon after meeting the dealer since the activation of IMPS takes 30mins to 24hrs sometimes. The person from Denon Dealer was totally irresponsible, didn't bothered to respond my WhatsApp messages many a times, this dealer had also decided to meet me at one of the dealers in Mumbai yesterday 25th August as per my discussion with him last Monday but till Thursday, he did not even bothered to WhatsApp me the address of the dealer....I could clearly sense how irresponsible &careless Denon employees are even when they are getting a customer and sale.

I wrote back to Denon Authorized distributor if they are not even bothered to take any responsibility and interest in selling a product where they ar getting revenue and business, there is no assurance I can rely on their fake after sales promises.

Anyway'z, with Denon's such irresponsible attitude & worse experience, I've now decided to buy Yamaha Amplifer.

Apoorva.

Can anybody still suggest me which is the best Amplifier to buy between Yamaha RX-V685 vs Denon AVRX-2400H. I noticed the following audio differences between the two:

Yamaha RX-V685:
MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96 kHz / 24-bit, FLAC: up to 192 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 192 kHz / 32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2 MHz

Denon Offers:

The AVR-X2400H features high resolution audio decoding with multiple lossless file types including ALAC, FLAC and WAV at up to 24-bit/196-kHz along with compatibility for 2.8/5.6-MHz DSD files (DSD is the audio coding format of SACD).

I see that Yamaha is a clear winner when it comes to delivering of High Resolutions sound however there is just on thing which confused me.

While Denon offers High Resolution Audio, Yamaha offers Pure Direct. What is the difference between the two and which one stands out to be the best.

In terms of Video, both upscales to 4K / 60p, 4:4:4, has Deep Color/x.v.Color, HDR and almost everything.

However, I just had a very bad experience with the Denon Authorized Distributor and its dealer. The dealer suggested by the person from Denon Authorized Distributor was just not interested in sending his shop address, did not send me his company's bank details so that I can add it in my bank's IMPS Section and make an immediate payment if I make up my mind to chose Denon after meeting the dealer since the activation of IMPS takes 30mins to 24hrs sometimes. The person from Denon Dealer was totally irresponsible, didn't bothered to respond my WhatsApp messages many a times, this dealer had also decided to meet me at one of the dealers in Mumbai yesterday 25th August as per my discussion with him last Monday but till Thursday, he did not even bothered to WhatsApp me the address of the dealer....I could clearly sense how irresponsible &careless Denon employees are even when they are getting a customer and sale.

I wrote back to Denon Authorized distributor if they are not even bothered to take any responsibility and interest in selling a product where they ar getting revenue and business, there is no assurance I can rely on their fake after sales promises.

Anyway'z, with Denon's such irresponsible attitude & worse experience, I've now decided to buy Yamaha Amplifer.

Apoorva.
Hello Apporva Ji,

AV Recievers are very costly equipment and prone to failure too. That's why, its necessary that the after sales service is good. As per your narration, definitely even i would not suggest to go with Denon in this case. With Yamaha, you can never go wrong.
My vote goes for Yamaha. But, please check for Yamaha after sales service too. Just to be sure.

Yamaha RX-V685:

Denon Offers:

Apoorva.

Yamaha seems to have picked up the market recently as they were offering 2 years service etc......there are some who would disagree as after sales service was not entertained.

I was a Yamaha fan till the late 90s....my first AVR (RX V 440) was made in Japan and still exists in my inlaws 2nd house....works like a charm....

I used multiple brands after that (Harmon Kardon, Pioneer, NAD, Onkyo, etc) and finally settled on the Marantz for 5+ years and couldn't be more happier.

The models you get nowadays is the V series and the A series......the A series (expensive) will give the real performance of a Yamaha like the good old days.....the V series (Top end models) are quite good.

Bottom line, all AVRs are made in China (some in Malaysia) and have different components....if the AVR is used as mentioned in Operating Manual and also connected to proper AC outlets, less prone to lightening strikes (which causes HDMI Mother boards to fry)..it will easily last minimum for 3 years without any issues....unless if there is a manufacturing defect or bug reported.....

It is advisable to type " Bad reviews about (Brand) (Model Number) AVR in Google and read some content (reliable sites / blogs) and make a judgemental call.

Warranty in India is Sad and is limited to 1 year only.....typically nothing happens for a year........in other countries it is 3-5 years and obviously there is a price difference.....

Read, Audition...trust your ears and finally decide what needs to be done....take the plunge

All the best!

Hello Apporva Ji,

AV Recievers are very costly equipment and prone to failure too. That's why, its necessary that the after sales service is good. As per your narration, definitely even i would not suggest to go with Denon in this case. With Yamaha, you can never go wrong.
My vote goes for Yamaha. But, please check for Yamaha after sales service too. Just to be sure.

My vote goes to Yamaha also. Yamaha brand products have better after sales service and more relaible. I have a year 2002 entry level yamaha reciever, still going strong. Denon flagship reciever models are much better then their entry level ones.

My vote goes for Yamaha as well. I have two Yamaha AV receivers (RX-V667 and RX-A700). Both were purchased in 2011 and are still going very strong.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back