Yamaha Speaker and Subwoofer Owners Thread

BTW, what does the YPAO mic do? only measure the distance and set the speaker volume and distance levels..right? Or is there anything else that the YPAO help in? I have measured it manually and set up since I have lost the mic.

BTW, what does the YPAO mic do? only measure the distance and set the speaker volume and distance levels..right? Or is there anything else that the YPAO help in? I have measured it manually and set up since I have lost the mic.
In short :

I have not much explored that but it does beyond those changes pls try to get it from someone and do the Calibration that will fix your problem.

Nope. Waiting for the Bluerigger sub cable as suggested by a forum member and it should be arriving soon.

Will connecting a Y cable (Single Pin Sub out from Amp to Dual Pin Sub in (Left and Right) improve the bass and increase the volume? Even that cable is on its way.
Changing the cables will not give you a big noticeable change .As i am using a non branded cable and it sounds good .

I am writing this review of yamaha SW300 after 2 weeks of usage and How My search started

My Existing setup was Yamaha NSF71 which are Tower speaker for FL & FR .I had upgraded my Onkyo 3400 speaker with these Yamaha and try to use the Onkyo Sub to this setup .These are Passive Sub and dint even notice these Sub is working are not .So i removed them and was happy with the Bass from my Tower Speakers .
Reading through some of the post i realised that the Low frequency can not been experienced with my tower so thought of adding a entry level Active Sub to my setup .While exploring many options i found many of them was not satisfied with the Low end Sub as they are Muddy / Rumbling beyond some volume and will spoil the Audio experience .
So i decided to invest in something which will be at least in some mid segment which will improve my Movie experience with advice of many FM . Then i started auditing Sub & dint get chance to explore more but Polk 660,XTZ 12( which was out of my Budget ) & BIC F12 . These sub where good and was able to deliver good Bass .But someone ask me to check Yamaha SW300 as they got some good reviews comparing these models and dint have much user by that time to get a review about the product personally .
https://www.toptenreviews.com/best-home-subwoofers

I just concluded my search through the reviews from Amazon.com and experts .Also it suit my Budget very well and was able to source it locally .

Review
In meantime I also got my AVR updated with Yamaha RXV585 which was unexpected :) due to some fault in my old AVR .The setup experience of my Sub went very smooth .
* I was limited to one particular location due to some Constraints so i placed the Sub there .
* Just connected the sub cable from LFE Port to Sub port in AVR .Luckily i was having my Bandridge cable which i bought long back.
* Set the Crossover to 100 % and Volume to 50 % as per instruction .
* Connected the MIc to AVR and finished my calibration .
* My Speakers where set to Crossover 80 and Sub Setting is set to -9 Db based on my Room Dimension later changed to -6 DB
The AVR done a good job calibrating my Sub . I tried playing some Some Bluray movies which are more familiar to me the . The experience was outstanding even in my Untreated room .There was no rumbling and Bass was very Smooth .This has taken my movie experience to a different level. My Front Speaker has more clarity on the Mid notes which is an add On .

My Music experience on these were also good as I was Listening to some of the ARR tracks which was a Mind Blowing experience . Truly Speaking i just came to know the various Jonners of low notes in Music which was amazing . If this has been a normal Sub i would has just heard Boom sound .

I feel the price i have send has truly been justified by its performance . Thanks to all FM who has supported and Guided me on this Purchase .

I am writing this review of yamaha SW300 after 2 weeks of usage and How My search started

My Existing setup was Yamaha NSF71 which are Tower speaker for FL & FR .I had upgraded my Onkyo 3400 speaker with these Yamaha and try to use the Onkyo Sub to this setup .These are Passive Sub and dint even notice these Sub is working are not .So i removed them and was happy with the Bass from my Tower Speakers .
Reading through some of the post i realised that the Low frequency can not been experienced with my tower so thought of adding a entry level Active Sub to my setup .While exploring many options i found many of them was not satisfied with the Low end Sub as they are Muddy / Rumbling beyond some volume and will spoil the Audio experience .
So i decided to invest in something which will be at least in some mid segment which will improve my Movie experience with advice of many FM . Then i started auditing Sub & dint get chance to explore more but Polk 660,XTZ 12( which was out of my Budget ) & BIC F12 . These sub where good and was able to deliver good Bass .But someone ask me to check Yamaha SW300 as they got some good reviews comparing these models and dint have much user by that time to get a review about the product personally .

I just concluded my search through the reviews from Amazon.com and experts .Also it suit my Budget very well and was able to source it locally .

Review
In meantime I also got my AVR updated with Yamaha RXV585 which was unexpected :) due to some fault in my old AVR .The setup experience of my Sub went very smooth .
* I was limited to one particular location due to some Constraints so i placed the Sub there .
* Just connected the sub cable from LFE Port to Sub port in AVR .Luckily i was having my Bandridge cable which i bought long back.
* My Speakers where set to Crossover 80 and Sub Setting is set to -9 Db based on my Room Dimension later changed to -6 DB
The AVR done a good job calibrating my Sub . I tried playing some Some Bluray movies which are more familiar to me the . The experience was outstanding even in my Untreated room .There was no rumbling and Bass was very Smooth .This has taken my movie experience to a different level. My Front Speaker has more clarity on the Mid notes which is an add On .

My Music experience on these were also good as I was Listening to some of the ARR tracks which was a Mind Blowing experience . Truly Speaking i just came to know the various Jonners of low notes in Music which was amazing . If this has been a normal Sub i would has just heard Boom sound .

I feel the price i have send has truly been justified by its performance . Thanks to all FM who has supported and Guided me on this Purchase .
Good that at this price we get a great sub-woofer. Now going dual may be not to costly thanks to the sw 300

Last edited:

https://www.toptenreviews.com/best-home-subwoofers

Review

Excellent honest write up!

This will help the newbies to research and also decide on the best sub for them......

Post some pics.....if possible....make a short video of the setup...put some demo movie clips and music and upload on YouTube....it will go a long way for those hunting for a sub.....

Hi ,

Happy to join the Yamaha owners club.

Here is my setup.

1. Yamaha RX V685.
2. Yamaha NS-F160 Towers.
3. Polk omw 5 for atmos.
4. Yamaha SW100 sub woofer.
5. NS-P51 Center and Surround.

Please let me know if you need any suggestions.

Picture:

Thanks Dinesh. Only because of your advice in the other thread, I got a clear understanding about the proper setup.

Hi,
I am building my new budget Home Theater System. Now i am confused between JAMO S 810 SUB & YAMAHA NS-SW100. Please help me to choose best

Hello Ns-sw300 owners, how are the subs performing for you? Does it become better? Any issues or problems?
I am contemplating between the yamaha and the Bic F12. Does anyone here have experiencing both?

From what I read, the yamaha's size, tight bass, cost seems to be it's plus.
Bic mostly excels in louder deeper bass, and the generous warranty period, but costs almost 10k higher. Just wondering I'd it's worth it.

Also, what's the warranty period given for the sw300? Is it 1 or 2 years?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back