Yamaha Speaker and Subwoofer Owners Thread

Dineshshank

I am opening this thread as i have not seen any Thread for Yamaha Speakers and Subwoofer Owners .

Got to see few enquiries on the Yamaha Speakers and subwoofers in our Forum and thought it will be good to have a Thread to share the experience and help any new Buyers .

I am a Proud Owner of Yamaha NS -F71 & Yamaha NS - P51 . They are really value for Money Products and really satisfied with the performance.

Soon will be an Owner Of Yamaha SW300 .Unboxing and Review will be shared soon .

Also inviting all Yamaha Speaker and Subwoofer Owners to share their buying experience about Yamaha speakers & Sub.

I am opening this thread as i have not seen any Thread for Yamaha Speakers and Subwoofer Owners .

Got to see few enquiries on the Yamaha Speakers and subwoofers in our Forum and thought it will be good to have a Thread to share the experience and help any new Buyers .

I am a Proud Owner of Yamaha NS -F71 & Yamaha NS - P51 . They are really value for Money Products and really satisfied with the performance.

Soon will be an Owner Of Yamaha SW300 .Unboxing and Review will be shared soon .

Also inviting all Yamaha Speaker and Subwoofer Owners to share their buying experience about Yamaha speakers & Sub.

Good Move!

Please post pics where possible which will guide and help potential Yamaha buyers on the forum

Mine's 17 x 11 x 10

I felt its really good for my room. I havent used the full potential till now. It is really great to play it around. Superb bass, Punchy, could move my cup board doors and Bathroom doors! Glass windows shaking - I loved it totally. But with my experimentation I felt, the closer the Sub position to me the greater the performance is. Unfortunately couldnt move the sub much because of the short power cord. Anyhow I totally loved it, esp during bass boosted songs.

My full set up.

Denon X550
Yamaha P51 [Center and Rear]
Yamaha NS 8390 [Front Towers]
Yamaha NS SW 300

Mine's 17 x 11 x 10

I felt its really good for my room. I havent used the full potential till now. It is really great to play it around. Superb bass, Punchy, could move my cup board doors and Bathroom doors! Glass windows shaking - I loved it totally. But with my experimentation I felt, the closer the Sub position to me the greater the performance is. Unfortunately couldnt move the sub much because of the short power cord. Anyhow I totally loved it, esp during bass boosted songs.

My full set up.

Denon X550
Yamaha NS SW 300
Manoj
What sub cables are you using.

Hi Dineshshank, I am also looking for a subwoofer for a bookshelf stereo setup. Looks like the price of Subs from many brands have really shot up in 2-3 years! And SW300 looks like a good option. Just wanted to check
1. what are the options you looked for before finalizing SW300?
2. Is the bass smooth and tight? Have you checked it for music? How does it perform?
3. Can you remove the front grill? as I have never seen any picture with the driver exposed?

Hi Dineshshank, I am also looking for a subwoofer for a bookshelf stereo setup. Looks like the price of Subs from many brands have really shot up in 2-3 years! And SW300 looks like a good option. Just wanted to check
2. Is the bass smooth and tight? Have you checked it for music? How does it perform?
[

3. Can you remove the front grill? as I have never seen any picture with the driver exposed?
No you can't.

I checked BIC F12 & Polk PSW660 as they are in the Price bracket within 40K
I can review this only when i get my Sub tested . Still waiting for my Delivery .
It is an 10" Sub you cant remove them .

You can find the review of some of the Good Budget Sub in below link

https://www.toptenreviews.com/electronics/home-entertainment/best-home-subwoofers/yamaha-review/

This Doesn't looks like SW300

As mentioned in my post.......the design is on similar lines as the FM wanted to know what the driver looks like....this could be an older model.....or lower model....

Regardless....I have shared the link to the Service manual which will help Yamaha sub owners should they want to know what part is where and whats under the hood and how to open it....should warranty be over and it needs to be repaired / service with another technician

Mine's 17 x 11 x 10

My full set up.

Denon X550
Yamaha NS SW 300
Can you do a small favor? Could you play the pacific rim firts part introduction scene all the way to the yager is deployed to the sea? I want to know how the sub performs in that scene.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back