Yamaha Speakers: FS, Surr, Center & Sub - feedback

geoin19

Has anyone reviewed/demo-ed Yamaha's YST-SW215 sub? And do you know the going price for this one?

Also feedback about the Yamaha's 8900 series and 8390 series? These are definitely priced low... so I am not expecting over the top kinda results but from a VFM perspective how would you rate these.

Has anyone reviewed/demo-ed Yamaha's YST-SW215 sub? And do you know the going price for this one?

Also feedback about the Yamaha's 8900 series and 8390 series? These are definitely priced low... so I am not expecting over the top kinda results but from a VFM perspective how would you rate these.

Even the budget AVRs from Yamaha are great in terms of VFM and bang for the buck. The same is not true for the speakers though. You are better off looking elsewhere. Do post your budget and appropriate suggestions can be given.

Yama spk works better with half of the freq.ie.They are little bright,but can deliver better high frq(may be >1k)They cant give pleasent full range response.
There higher ranges as Savoy are better.

Thanks for the feedback Moserw & Spirovious.
I was thinking of a 5.1 (w/o the AVR) set up in under 30k. Also wanted a FS for my front R/L. So I am actually left with not too many options. Hence the Yamaha speakers.

About the sub - what do you think of the PSW 110? Pros/cons... I know that it is not magnetically shielded? Does this make it a really bad option?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back