Yamaha V6A or Denon 2600 or something else?

amrutmhatre90

Hi Guys,

Let me give you a brief of current setup.
- Pioneer vsx 834
- Taga Harmony Tav606 package
- Micca Covo-S (soon to be changed)
- Taga Harmony TSW-212 SE

I am satisfied with the current setup, but something feels lacking. The punch from the sub is really lacking, and I suppose it is mainly due to the Pioneer VSX 834. It just has basic MCACC calibration, cannot change or alter much things other than basic things.

I also own a Xbox Series X, would be getting a better TV than current first gen Mi4 55" to use all of the capabilities from Xbox.

First step would be buying a better AV receiver.
Now I know Yamaha V6A is to be compared to Denon 2700 but the price difference is huge.
I can get-away by purchasing a 2600 and use the eARC.

I am confused which one to go for? Or should I wait?
Want to know what would be the things I will miss on Yamaha or Denon if I purchase one.
Main things I am looking for are how good is the YPAO or Audyssey?

Things inclining me towards Yamaha:
Pre-outs, latest video tech, cheaper. All ports are HDMI 2.1

Dennon:
Audyssey is better I assume, and the sound production too.

Open to ideas and suggestions from fellow members. Also any leads to quotes in order to purchase these will help.

In my experience, Audyssey XT32 is way better than YPAO. However Denon X2700H comes with a strip down version of Audyssey (Audyssey XT). YPAO & Audyssey XT performs kinda similar.

Hi Guys,

Let me give you a brief of current setup.
- Pioneer vsx 834
- Taga Harmony Tav606 package
- Micca Covo-S (soon to be changed)
- Taga Harmony TSW-212 SE

I am satisfied with the current setup, but something feels lacking. The punch from the sub is really lacking, and I suppose it is mainly due to the Pioneer VSX 834. It just has basic MCACC calibration, cannot change or alter much things other than basic things.

I also own a Xbox Series X, would be getting a better TV than current first gen Mi4 55" to use all of the capabilities from Xbox.

First step would be buying a better AV receiver.
Now I know Yamaha V6A is to be compared to Denon 2700 but the price difference is huge.
I can get-away by purchasing a 2600 and use the eARC.

I am confused which one to go for? Or should I wait?
Want to know what would be the things I will miss on Yamaha or Denon if I purchase one.
Main things I am looking for are how good is the YPAO or Audyssey?

Things inclining me towards Yamaha:
Pre-outs, latest video tech, cheaper. All ports are HDMI 2.1

Dennon:
Audyssey is better I assume, and the sound production too.

Open to ideas and suggestions from fellow members. Also any leads to quotes in order to purchase these will help.

As per your post you want to improve audio quality so look for the Denon or Marantz....or another older model of Yamaha Aventage series....

Sub you may need to change to enjoy better low frequencies 30hz and below

Agree on AudysseyXT32 being better. But don't want to invest so much currently.

Efernand1 Thank you, I have a 18 inch subwoofer but this will be overkill for the current setup. Don't want neighbours to complain.

Just purchased the sub, happy about it and waiting for breakin.
To be honest the basic Pioneer MCACC is bad, sets my fronts to Large and crossover to 100. Sometimes even the centre as large.

Would try to get quotes for both receivers.

Would be selling my Pioneer VSX 834 and a old Yamaha NSP-41 speaker set I had for farmhouse but since covid hit, haven't used it.

I believe that is discontinued.

It maybe available with some dealers...if I find the link, please pick it...way better than the SW300 or SW200

Check this one on sale in the Forum.....its as good as the SW315

Last edited:
The punch from the sub is really lacking, and I suppose it is mainly due to the Pioneer VSX 834.
Actually Pioneer sub out used to be punchier and fast. Not heard said model, but earlier one had better SW sound.I can say little better than Yamaha which I had
You have to try another subwoofer to check who is culprit.

Yes, I had auditioned a SW300 also at my place. It was boomy in every position and lacked the thump. Had it for a week.

Hi Guys, an update.

I am getting Denon 2700 for a very nice deal, Also a Yamaha Aventage A2A close to denon, which is hardly 3k more pricier. But could match the price or get for less.

Inclined towards Denon, any thoughts on why I should go for Yamaha?

A2A has same specs as V6A but just better components, is it worth the money?

How is the warranty and the service centers in Mumbai? Purchasing online will void warranty?

Last edited:
Hi Guys, an update.

I am getting Denon 2700 for a very nice deal, Also a Yamaha Aventage A2A close to denon, which is hardly 3k more pricier. But could match the price or get for less.

A2A has same specs as V6A but just better components, is it worth the money?

How is the warranty and the service centers in Mumbai? Purchasing online will void warranty?
Yes, Yamaha warranty is not applicable mostly if purchased online. There may be few dealers like Reliance digital whom are authorized but most are not.

In similar boat. Was planning to upgrade my AV receiver to Denon x2600 somewhere in mid of 2020 but kept plans on hold due to uncertain situation. But by the end of 2020 when again started looking the prices had shot up a lot and availability also issue.
Yamaha V6A was also considered but was again availability was issues was selling on MRP. So had put plans again on hold as there was no urgency.

Has availability improved and prices stabilized now or still same? What the ongoing prices for Denon x2700 and Yamaha V6A.
Which is better buy with primary focus on movies.

Denon 2600 was available for 70k
Denon 2700 is ranging between 73-78k but one can bargain more.
V6A is not available anyplace except for https://yamahamusicstore.in
Had called them looks authentic. Costs 64-65k

I am going 90% for Denon has better customization and so on. But open for your views.

I am going 90% for Denon has better customization and so on. But open for your views.
Thank u for this info. Are they official Yamaha store because it looks like it. I was looking for a rxv4a which is out of stock everywhere. Hope they have it. The last quote I have received for the rxv4a was 41.8k. Do you think they allow negotiation.

Compare the specs of Denon between 2600 vs 2700....IMHO only difference seems 8k vs 4k , HDR10 vs HDR10+. All depends on what features and functionality you want in the AVR and what you will use till the next upgrade bug bites you...

Please check all specs..verify with Denon website and then take a call if you are inclined to Denon.

All the best!

Its similar price what I was seeing earlier. Lowest quoted was 72k for 2700 few months back. At that time dealer informed that there is shortage and next stock is expected after March only. But seems condition is still same. there was one 2600 also available but quotation was very high and just few thousand price difference.
Compared to it earlier when had seen 2600 go to level of 55-60k.

Compare the specs of Denon between 2600 vs 2700....IMHO only difference seems 8k vs 4k , HDR10 vs HDR10+. All depends on what features and functionality you want in the AVR

Yes, even i was considering 2600 as there is not much difference in usable features but 2600 is also quoted high price and sort of touching 2700 levels. If there is a a decent different 2600 can be considered but probably not at 70k.

I am going 90% for Denon has better customization and so on. But open for your views
I am also inclined to Denon only. But if Yamaha performs almost similar or even slightly lesser, with lower price open for Yamaha also.
Anyone heard both to do some sort of comparison?

Choice is between 2700 or V6A or A2A

V6A is not available anyplace, dunno will the yamaha site bargain.

Denon mostly due to the audyssey and ability to fine tune things through phone and use multiple different sound customizations from the app.
Will miss out on 2.1 HDMI ports and pre outs from Yamaha, will it be a deal breaker? No for me.

Waiting to sell my current Pioneer VSX 834 and Yamaha NSP-41 package. Will soon bite the bullet for the new receiver.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back