Yamaha V6A or Denon 2600 or something else?

Agree, pricing is probably off. I will need to negotiate with them. The speaker selections are primarily from this video.

Do you have any suggestions for any other brand/model?

Here is what my TV cabinet looks like. There is no space on either side to place a tower speaker. There is plenty of shelf space though. Once the TV is mounted on the panel, the centre speaker will not obstruct the TV. I was thinking of putting the SUB on the floor in the cavity below the cabinet. The video linked above suggests to use Yamaha NS-SW300, but i noticed that it is ported to the side (and will get obstructed by the cabinet) so maybe the Polk HTS12 is a better choice (read somewhere that port hole should be facing you).

RsKQbwq.jpg

Yes hope it fits easily, check the dimensions.
But would advice not to place between cabinet, lot of frequencies can get trapped and sub may not reach full potential.

A external amplifier has different speaker inputs and outputs, FR speaker wire will go into FR amp output, FR amp input will to to FR AVR output.
Checkout the below image.

View attachment 56942

For Logitech, you will end up having only 1 output which you will convert to RCA, and go into Right or left channel only.
This won't give you 5.1 surround at all.
The setup i described previously worked. I am able to get all 5.1 channels with the pre-out. I tested it with audio file from fraunhoffer.

Yes with AVR pre-out. Tested using Denon Speaker tone test and also this file, https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/ChID-BLITS-EBU.mp4
Share the adapter photos and all accessories details which i could not make out in Google.
You have shared the 3.5 stereo pin photos only .
We need to know where that 3.5mm connector is coming from/ connected to
I see there is one Specialized connector similar to RS232 which does the job .
We will check and guide u based on your photographs.
I assume that u tried with some old AVR PRE OUT

Whoa good to know. But do invest in better speakers in future.

So you got the 3700?

Yes, got the 3700 today. I am planning to buy the Polk speakers listed previously (lower than MRP). I am going for Polk on a gut feel since i cannot go out to listen to others in lockdown. Do you have any other suggestion?

Share the adapter photos and all accessories details which i could not make out in Google.
You have shared the 3.5 stereo pin photos only .
We need to know where that 3.5mm connector is coming from/ connected to
I see there is one Specialized connector similar to RS232 which does the job .
We will check and guide u based on your photographs.
I assume that u tried with some old AVR PRE OUT
I have it working now. Thanks for your offer to help.

Hi guys,
Hope everyone is well and you're family too.

Few changes done recently, and few planed upgrades down the line.

Bi-Amped front LR speakers - I know this is a debatable topic, rest aside I can hear the difference it made! Connected HF outputs to height 2 channels and LF outputs to front channels. Speakers have opened up a bit, bass can be felt better in pure direct mode. Was worried if they will rob power, but nothing experienced so far.

Changing speaker cables - I was using old amazon 16awg cable since I had satellite speakers, even used taga with them. Same for the subwoofer cable too, used amazon basics cable.
Bought Dac 14awg cable for fronts, and Dac AVX02W Subwoofer cable too. Waiting to install them and post a feedback if i hear any noticeable difference.

Upcoming updates:

Have better room Accoustics, as you might have seen my room has plenty of wooden furniture. Nothing rattles or shakes, but when sitting on the couches one can feel the subwoofer even at medium to low volumes through the mattress.
Don't want my neighbours to get annoyed by the noise levels, will also be checking what level of volume enters his house, is it only low or high frequencies.
I have already placed my sub on 2 form mattress to avoid vibrations.
As you guys suggested will be looking for a rug or 2 for the floor. I also have some form laying around which is unused. Might take a DIY route to have panels built to absorb some unwanted echos and reflections. Materials would be thick towels, 2 layers of form and a towel again. Not sure how would this impact.
Don't want to go for the accoustic cone panels, they would spoil the look.
If anyone has suggestions do let me know.

Big upgrade - Replace Miccas height channels and have total 4 height channels. Add a amplifier - Integrated stereo amplifier mostly or crown amps.
I am not sure which of the amps should I go for, I do love to listen music a lot, and all kinds. Integrated stereo amp would make much better sense, but open for suggestions.

Guys,

Can you pl let me know from where did you buy 3700. Currently I am using denon 2113 and now have a dedicated HT room, so was thinking of upgrading to Denon 2700 or 3700. The mind says 2700 which itself is being quoted now @ 80k and 3700 is not available in my city. So if guys can guide me on the rates you paid for 3700 and the dealer info.

Guys,

Can you pl let me know from where did you buy 3700. Currently I am using denon 2113 and now have a dedicated HT room, so was thinking of upgrading to Denon 2700 or 3700. The mind says 2700 which itself is being quoted now @ 80k and 3700 is not available in my city. So if guys can guide me on the rates you paid for 3700 and the dealer info.

Check PM.

80K is very high for 2700, if you can stretch your budget go for 3700. More channels, pre outs, imax enhanced, audyssey xt32.

Which speakers are you using?

Denon 2600 was available for 70k
Denon 2700 is ranging between 73-78k but one can bargain more.
V6A is not available anyplace except for https://yamahamusicstore.in
Had called them looks authentic. Costs 64-65k

I am going 90% for Denon has better customization and so on. But open for your views.
Denon 2700H is available for 65-68K through indiamart sellers..Even iam planning to buy 1. i am also confused b/w denon 2700 & yamaha A2a.

Denon 2700 is very good for movies and has audyssey which is a gem if you couple it with app.

Yamaha has pre outs for the fronts and for 2 channel music this should be better than Denon.

Won't go wrong with either, are both falling under same price brackets?
Denon 2700H is available for 65-68K through indiamart sellers..Even iam planning to buy 1. i am also confused b/w denon 2700 & yamaha A2a.

Hi Guys,

Let me give you a brief of current setup.
- Pioneer vsx 834
- Taga Harmony Tav606 package
- Micca Covo-S (soon to be changed)
- Taga Harmony TSW-212 SE

I am satisfied with the current setup, but something feels lacking. The punch from the sub is really lacking, and I suppose it is mainly due to the Pioneer VSX 834. It just has basic MCACC calibration, cannot change or alter much things other than basic things.

I also own a Xbox Series X, would be getting a better TV than current first gen Mi4 55" to use all of the capabilities from Xbox.

First step would be buying a better AV receiver.
Now I know Yamaha V6A is to be compared to Denon 2700 but the price difference is huge.
I can get-away by purchasing a 2600 and use the eARC.

I am confused which one to go for? Or should I wait?
Want to know what would be the things I will miss on Yamaha or Denon if I purchase one.
Main things I am looking for are how good is the YPAO or Audyssey?

Things inclining me towards Yamaha:
Pre-outs, latest video tech, cheaper. All ports are HDMI 2.1

Dennon:
Audyssey is better I assume, and the sound production too.

Open to ideas and suggestions from fellow members. Also any leads to quotes in order to purchase these will help.
Yamaha is the good option

Hello again,
Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Few updates and changes done.
- Moved the center channel to lower position with slight tilt, sounds slightly better.
20210604_235629-1.jpg
- Changed the subwoofer position, looks better and gels better now.

- Added a Crown XLS 2002 amp to Front Floorstanders, Thanks to Manish got it at a very good price and quickly. Using FL FR as Large in stereo mode. Preset 1 and 2 are boon in x3700 to quickly change on the fly. They sound phenomenal, source is Tidal through HEOS or HDMI and Laptop. Crown is at 2 to 3 o clock, slight hiss if you stick your ears close to the speakers but nothing at all at listening positions.
20210614_024243.jpg
- Added a laptop cooler to keep the receiver cool, the receiver used to get hot, nothing alarming but wanted to extend the lifespan so taking precautions. Does a good job in keeping it cool, funny part is the smaller fans work better than the larger one. Got it for around 1k from Amazon, good buy if you want to keep your AVR cool Link.
20210614_023859-1.jpg
The Crown Amp and the Laptop cooling pads have blue light, so they gel pretty good and looks good.
Everytime I start the Receiver, I feel like a pilot starting a fighter jet :p turn on switch board for Sub and Amp, turn on the Crowns, Turn on the laptop fans by the small rotating nobs then the receiver.
The cooling pad is powered by USB port, wish the 3700 had a USB at the rear.

- Added two 4x2 feet rugs, haven't noticed much difference, haven't done AB testing so but should help keeping some reflections in check.
20210614_024045-1.jpg
20210614_024101.jpg
The rugs are particularly very soft, they smelled alot for the first day, kept windows open with fans turned on for the night.

Already ordered Roxul Safe and Sound slabs, spoke with the carpenter and the work should begin soon. Yet to finalize the fabric would go in a day or two. Would be making 6 panels, 4 behind the speakers and 2 opposite to the front speakers. Waiting for a companion to check reflection points using mirror tricks.

Here is a short video I made on how to connect and control AVR to Alexa devices.

Open to suggestions and valuable feedback.

Hi congrats for ur new amp n great amp u got it .
How much it cost u ?
Adding crown PA how it’s sounding?
The AVR costed around 110k and Crown XLS for 18.5k

Crown is very neutral, you won't notice any coloration. But it does pack punch and won't run out of breath at all. Running my front speakers as Large since I got it for stereo, it has bass and the mids and highs are amazining. The front speakers have come alive.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back