Yamaha V6A or Denon 2600 or something else?

Very interesting thread and congrats @amrutmhatre90 on your setup.

I have near identical situation as yours with 606 v3 and 212 SE. I have made up my mind to change my existing yamaha 3067 receiver.

Wondering, what should be my next receiver. Contemplating among Yamaha V6A, RX-1080, Yamaha A2A and Denon X 27000. Which and why should I select a particular receiver?

My usage pattern is even between Music, OTT and Movies.

Very interesting thread and congrats @amrutmhatre90 on your setup.

I have near identical situation as yours with 606 v3 and 212 SE. I have made up my mind to change my existing yamaha 3067 receiver.

Wondering, what should be my next receiver. Contemplating among Yamaha V6A, RX-1080, Yamaha A2A and Denon X 27000. Which and why should I select a particular receiver?

My usage pattern is even between Music, OTT and Movies.

How much % music you listen to?
If you listen to music a lot then try to get a Yamaha. One plus point for new age Yamaha like V6A and A2A is they have pre outs for front channels which x2700 doesn't have.

RX 1080 is a bit older version, misses out on few new age features. If you like the sound of Yamaha in 2 Channel would suggested to stick with them, for Movies Denon is a lot better.

V6A was hard to get during my search, try finding out now. A2A is nearly identical to V6A just better internals.

That said its not that Denon doesn't sound right for music, I have spent lot of time getting the music just right for my taste. Requires some effort. Will post an update soon.

How much % music you listen to?
If you listen to music a lot then try to get a Yamaha. One plus point for new age Yamaha like V6A and A2A is they have pre outs for front channels which x2700 doesn't have.

RX 1080 is a bit older version, misses out on few new age features. If you like the sound of Yamaha in 2 Channel would suggested to stick with them, for Movies Denon is a lot better.

V6A was hard to get during my search, try finding out now. A2A is nearly identical to V6A just better internals.

That said its not that Denon doesn't sound right for music, I have spent lot of time getting the music just right for my taste. Requires some effort. Will post an update soon.
Music would around 35 % and rest would be OTT/movies.

From value perspective, am leaning towards V6A at ~55k. Thanks for your input on preout. 2700H may be out of consideration then.

A bit confused between A2A and V6A now.

Music would around 35 % and rest would be OTT/movies.

From value perspective, am leaning towards V6A at ~55k. Thanks for your input on preout. 2700H may be out of consideration then.

A bit confused between A2A and V6A now.

A2A and V6A have same features but A2A has slightly better hardware, different remote and better capacitors.

If the price difference isn't much go for A2A or your better with V6A.

Not only that, the review is critical about its sound quality and other aspects as well.
It is an entry level 8K receiver, their is a difference in the S line and X line. X line being more premium and they use better internal components, keeping features aside. That said deciding based on one review is not I would do.

Check this review of the V6A, scores so less than so many old Denons too. Will someone not buy this after reading review? Will you change your mind? I know lot of people still who bought the new V series and are happy.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back