Yamaha V6A or Denon 2600 or something else?

Well first impressions are this thing is a beast.

To start of the difference between AVC and AVR is that R stands for Radio. Nothing else is different on AVC models, only radio gets missed out.

After a lot of thoughts and forums or video education on AVRs thought to go for a receiver with Pre Outs and audyssey XT32. Tried looking for 3600 but it was nowhere available.

Got this at a good price that too during lockdown, was delivered the very next day. Dealer was kind enough to bundle a 3.5mm highend audio cable without asking me. This is the 2nd time i purchased something from him, 1st was the Taga Package.

Currently my setup is 5.1.2 and after calibrating with audyssey for 8 positions. The sound was not satisfactory to my tastes. Surrounds were hot, heard someplace this is due to dynamic EQ. Used the audyssey app to make changes. Playing around audyssey app a lot, I am more than happy with the result. Will post my changes and what all changes have resulted in sound to be good or bad. Still getting used to the new features of receiver.

Did it address the issue I had with previous receiver? Yes, the subwoofer is just at half and - 2.5 db on the AVR but the test files i played oh man they sound too good. All speakers have come alive.
The sound has indeed turned night to day.

Will keep this thread alive.
Lot of new questions and opinions will be needed.

Mods: can you change the title to bought 3700 is it possible?

Wow you went all out. Assuming your initial budget also got doubled.
I also have been trying to justify myself to upgrade to x3700 but not able to get finalize my mind to increase budget by this much.

If you don't mind sharing , how much you were able to get this for?
Yeah, thing is we just invest in these things once. Thought of increasing the initial budget to have room for future proofing. Pre outs and audyssey XT32 and 11 channels sold me out.

I have 2 unused channels for future additions. But will cover all this up in future posts what path should I consider.

Check PM

Yes I have same reasons as you which drift me towards 3700 (future proof , pre out, more channels, better audyssey). Trying hard to convince myself on not increasing budget :).

Hello everyone,

Short review on the x3700.

It is a beast, sound stage is much more alive. Dynamics have increased.
Audyssey setup was done using the MultiEq App. Have created multiple files and played along with them, following are the final settings I am using.

Speakers: Small
Crossover: 80hz for fronts and 120hz for Heights
Subwoofer is at 50% and in AVR it is set at - 2.5
Dynamic EQ is on
Dynamic Volume is off.

Dynamics EQ is a boon for people like me when they don't listen at reference volume. You feel the subs kicking early.

Had to play around with the channel levels after running audyssey, the surrounds sounded louder than other speakers. I also have read it happens due to Dynamic EQ, but no way I am going to turn this off.

I was testing few files, trailers and movies in which I saw Bad Boys was getting input of IMAX enhanced, never experienced earlier wanted to see how different does it sound, so I kept watching and ended up watching the whole movie. It was different and in a good way.
Imax Enhanced has its own crossover and speaker settings, subwoofer kicks in only for LFE content and rest all the time the speakers do the duty. I dunno if their was any kind of video processing but the video looked super clean and top notch, with no amount of noise or so. I liked it a lot. Hope they provide details on if it is processing the audio only or video too. Waiting for more movies to come in IMAX enhanced.

Most of my music listening is done through Amazon Echo via Aux to 3700 and on Direct or Pure direct mode and 10% on stero. I do have Tidal account, but won't be renewing it, I am satisfied with Amazon

I have made a video on the tour of my Hometheatre and in depth experience as multiple people have been asking me about it. Its a very long video but I have added chapters, so you can skip to them if you want a specific segment.

Loving the Hometheatre experience and Journey.

Last edited:
@amrutmhatre90 I took motivation from your experience and decided to buy Denon 3700H as well.

I dont have speakers yet, but will get them in due time (after lockdown ends). At the moment I have Logitech X-530 5.1 PC speakers which has its own amplifier. The PC speakers has three 3.5mm stereo jacks. Can i connect this to the Pre-out RCA of the Denon AVR?

@amrutmhatre90 I took motivation from your experience and decided to buy Denon 3700H as well.

I dont have speakers yet, but will get them in due time (after lockdown ends). At the moment I have Logitech X-530 5.1 PC speakers which has its own amplifier. The PC speakers has three 3.5mm stereo jacks. Can i connect this to the Pre-out RCA of the Denon AVR?

If you connect to pre outs you will only get processed signals and effects to the Logitech powered speakers...there will be no increase in output but quality will be better.....

Suggest you get at least the front L + R speakers and the AVR then you can add slowly

I have an Nvidia Shield as source. With the AVR + Logitech X-530, atleast it will be possible to decode DTS and get surround sound. Getting the surround sound working was the primary intention of getting the AVR.

What L+R+C speakers do you suggest?

The spec sheet of Logitech X-530 speakers has an impedance of 4 ohm. Can i connect these 4 ohm speakers to Denon directly?

1620646643829.png

I am not sure of this, as from what I know every speaker goes into the subwoofer for logitech then it powers the speakers, this method won't work with Denon, you might just get 2 channel output if you use RCA connection. This is the image I found on Internet.

images-9.jpeg

I wouldn't even touch the logitech speakers. Its like buying a Ferrari engine and using it on a bus or a truck.

If your budget is restricted, buy a lower tier AVR and get decent spec speakers and a subwoofer.

The amplifier picture is the right one for the X-530. From this amplifier I get three cables out (see picture below) for Centre/Sub, FL/FR and SL/SR.
1620649784546.png

The Denon has Pre-outs (see picture below).

1620649724157.png

I was thinking of connecting the above cables to the Pre-out of the Denon using 3.5mm to RCA.
1620649982088.png

This is my interim plan until i get proper speakers. I hope that Denon software will allow me to set this up.

Still not sure how this will turn up.
But don't, it wouldn't do justice to the AVR at all.

Buy front speakers first if you are tight on the budget and slowly upgrade.

The amplifier picture is the right one for the X-530. From this amplifier I get three cables out (see picture below) for Centre/Sub, FL/FR and SL/SR.
View attachment 56932

The Denon has Pre-outs (see picture below).

View attachment 56931

I was thinking of connecting the above cables to the Pre-out of the Denon using 3.5mm to RCA.
View attachment 56933

This is my interim plan until i get proper speakers. I hope that Denon software will allow me to set this up.

Rather then risking all this...why not pick some decent second hand speakers? Use them for a while then when you have enough budget buy new ones and then sell the existing ones!

That is a good idea. But I am curious why do you think connecting the existing amplifier to the pre-out is risky?

A external amplifier has different speaker inputs and outputs, FR speaker wire will go into FR amp output, FR amp input will to to FR AVR output.
Checkout the below image.

1620662926139.png

For Logitech, you will end up having only 1 output which you will convert to RCA, and go into Right or left channel only.
This won't give you 5.1 surround at all.

You may be right. I will test this out.

In my apartment I dont have space to put a floor standing speakers. Thus, I will need to use bookshelf. Is the following a reasonable configuration for 5.1.2 (Polk speakers)?

Centre - S35
FL/FR - S20
Sub - HTS 10
SL/SR - OWM3
Ceiling ATMOS - OWM3

Profx prices
1620663880692.png

These are decent speakers and subs, but the pricing is not.
Check out better bookshelves if you can with other dealers too, don't trust on the listed prices, bargain and some try to price match too.

Agree, pricing is probably off. I will need to negotiate with them. The speaker selections are primarily from this video.

Do you have any suggestions for any other brand/model?

Here is what my TV cabinet looks like. There is no space on either side to place a tower speaker. There is plenty of shelf space though. Once the TV is mounted on the panel, the centre speaker will not obstruct the TV. I was thinking of putting the SUB on the floor in the cavity below the cabinet. The video linked above suggests to use Yamaha NS-SW300, but i noticed that it is ported to the side (and will get obstructed by the cabinet) so maybe the Polk HTS12 is a better choice (read somewhere that port hole should be facing you).

RsKQbwq.jpg

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back