Yamaha YSP-2500 soundbar Or Compile a System

I managed to listen to PSB X2T. Loved it. Listened to Chorus 716V. Loved it. Listened to B&W 683 S2 again. Loved it. All with Pioneer Elite SC LX78 (as told to me by the owner). I later looked up for SC or LX 78. There was no such between 77 and 79, which are existing models with Pioneer. Upon calling him back he tells me they have become 79. Apparently LX79 has been discontinued, so maybe LX89 might be good idea for me?

But on the speakers, I found all three very musical, had immense clarity on all volumes with hardly any listening fatigue on very loud unlike Klipsch. If at all I could find a slight difference, it was that PSB on high volume was a little sharper, while B&W had a little more body. With Focals, I am still to hear the 726V, which is what I am interested insofar as Focal but he did not have it that day. I'll need the distributor to arrange it for me.

I did another sitting with Klipsch RP 280F and Marantz 6010. The sound was quite lifeless. Stainsby Girls (track I have been using for all auditions) seemed to wither away. The guy then brought in a Roksun Candy integrated and it sounded much much better, though much sharper than the other three. He then went back to Marantz 6010 propped up by a marantz power amp, and lo it got a lot better too but not as good as with the integrated amp. It was an education for me. This was also the reason I was delighted what Pioneer LX78 was doing with PSB, Focal and B&W. Though Marantz sounded fine in my first audition of B&Ws.

I spoke to Imran from Fairdeals for Focals. He said it'll take month for those to come along.

Hi Terrible,

Glad that you have auditioned some good speakers.....Yes it is the same FairDeal I mentioned about.

You need now to decide which one you will go for.....the LX series of Pioneer is great but expensive.....I still have their BDP LX 55 which is an audiophile Blu Ray player.....

I am not too sure of Pioneer nowadays....end of the day it is your call.....I would still trip on a Marantz who have maintained consistency all these years with great built quality.

Hi Terrible,

Glad that you have auditioned some good speakers.....Yes it is the same FairDeal I mentioned about.

You need now to decide which one you will go for.....the LX series of Pioneer is great but expensive.....I still have their BDP LX 55 which is an audiophile Blu Ray player.....

I am not too sure of Pioneer nowadays....end of the day it is your call.....I would still trip on a Marantz who have maintained consistency all these years with great built quality.

Hi Terrible,

Finally, I have come to my decision and I would like to thank you much for all the help on it. I have decided on Focal Chorus 726V and Cambridge CXR200. The former is costing me Rs. 1,35,000 and Cambridge is for Rs 1,37,000. I guess they are steep in pricing but that's our plight in India if you buy any quality stuff. I am still trying to negotiate but I doubt I will succeed.

These two clearly sound heaven in their clarity and musicality, at least to me. Though I must admit that B&W 683 S2 tugged pretty hard at my heart. I think Cambridge will power well even when I extend to a 5.1. Do you feel the pricing is fine?

I did get in touch with Imran. Sent him a list of things for which I wanted a price. He did not get back. I then called him up a couple of times, where he kept cutting off the calls. I then sent him a message suggesting he is probably not interested in selling the stuff, to which he responded that it was not such and that he would get back to me soon. Never did.

Here It Is!!!

Thank you all who helped me put together this fabulous combination. Its Focal 726 V with Cambridge Audio CXR200. Thought I'd share the pic.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back