Yas 209 vs denon s316 vs lg sly8g

Not worth. Dialogues are barely better than your tv sound. Not good at all.
The main reason am thinking for yas 209 is for it's clear voice features. In all the reviews I checked every reviewers have given great reviews for that feature. Also in ratings and all other sites yas 209 has been branded as the best budget sound bar with amazing sound quality. Iam really shocked to hear this for the 1st time from u.

Am on a tight budget and dont want to spend much. I just want a good quality Audio which has great vocals and dialogue.

Go for Samsung T550 then. Better balanced sound than Yamaha bars at a cheaper cost.

Go for Samsung T550 then. Better balanced sound than Yamaha bars at a cheaper cost.
Never ever I'll go for a Samsung. I want to run a campaign boycott samsung. They are just fooling customers with their marketing gimmicks. They are cheap quality and no quality at all. And top it all horrible service. Any complaints or problems from the beginning they will just try to cheat you by trying to convince you its normal instead of helping or solving. I have had no such issues with lg or sony . I have been a huge fan of Samsung for past decade my mobile pc monitor ac soundbar and recently qled TV. But am just fed up from this year going to throw them away and replace them.

No Samsung. Stay away from Samsung would be my advise. Worst quality, unreliable and cheaters. When ull face a problem in ur device u will come to know their true colors.

Oh well, I can see why you hate them. Can happened with any manufacturer tbh. LG has also denies panel replacements unless pestered, and Sony doesn't even offer courtesy panel replacements for burn-in on there OLEDs, unlike LG, even if you pester them. Same for Panasonic.

They are all the same. If you don't want to give more money to Samsung, you also need to stay away from JBL and Harman, as those are Samsung brands only.

Mmmm...your options do become limited after ruling out Samsung, who have the most well balanced soundbars among all brands. So you have ruled out the top contender.

Check out Rtings. That will help you select for bars they have tested.

Anyway, general advice is that if you want clear dialogues, get center channel, and if you don't like volume being too high on commercials or effects, get one with dynamic range compression too.

No Samsung. Stay away from Samsung would be my advise. Worst quality, unreliable and cheaters. When ull face a problem in ur device u will come to know their true colors.
If you see rtings and reviews of samsung soundbars, they rate higher than lg. Also yamaha 209 cannot be compared to T650 or Q60T!
For new lg tv, i had to go to the war for the replacement. In india service/repair sector is poor and if it is third party, its even more complicated. that maybe the case with yamaha i guess?

Oh well, I can see why you hate them. Can happened with any manufacturer tbh. LG has also denies panel replacements unless pestered, and Sony doesn't even offer courtesy panel replacements for burn-in on there OLEDs, unlike LG, even if you pester them. Same for Panasonic.

They are all the same. If you don't want to give more money to Samsung, you also need to stay away from JBL and Harman, as those are Samsung brands only.

Mmmm...your options do become limited after ruling out Samsung, who have the most well balanced soundbars among all brands. So you have ruled out the top contender.

Check out Rtings. That will help you select for bars they have tested.

Anyway, general advice is that if you want clear dialogues, get center channel, and if you don't like volume being too high on commercials or effects, get one with dynamic range compression too.
I checked the ratings and was going to purchase Samsung soundbar. Infact I was a huge fan of Samsung. My mobile, pc monitor current soundbar ac are a Samsung. But after getting a q60r last month my experience was horrible. I agree even sony and lg also has issues but the way they handle customer you can tell they dont try to cheat. Also have checked lot of forums including Amazon u can tell how horrible Samsung is. Also their products specially tv are sub below par in quality control. For the price they offer nothing and trust me including my friends when having issues they never try to resolve but try to cheat and convince u its normal. I have had sony and lg also my brother they do their best and if defects found they replace with no questions asked.. mine is having yellow bleeding at bottom from day 2m my neighbor has same tv and confirmed from customers here with them as well , no such issues. Even after telling them this they are saying its panel specification and each tv has different configurations . I asked him how a tv has such specification they are saying that's the panel feature. So u be the judge .

If you see rtings and reviews of samsung soundbars, they rate higher than lg. Also yamaha 209 cannot be compared to T650 or Q60T!
For new lg tv, i had to go to the war for the replacement. In india service/repair sector is poor and if it is third party, its even more complicated. that maybe the case with yamaha i guess?
I agree with you but Samsung is on a whole different level when it comes to cheating customers. They think customers are fools and zero respect. Can anyone tell to a customer yellow bleeding at bottom is a tv panel feature or specs? . Check my other replies and thread .

I checked the ratings and was going to purchase Samsung soundbar. Infact I was a huge fan of Samsung. My mobile, pc monitor current soundbar ac are a Samsung. But after getting a q60r last month my experience was horrible. I agree even sony and lg also has issues but the way they handle customer you can tell they dont try to cheat. Also have checked lot of forums including Amazon u can tell how horrible Samsung is. Also their products specially tv are sub below par in quality control. For the price they offer nothing and trust me including my friends when having issues they never try to resolve but try to cheat and convince u its normal. I have had sony and lg also my brother they do their best and if defects found they replace with no questions asked.. mine is having yellow bleeding at bottom from day 2m my neighbor has same tv and confirmed from customers here with them as well , no such issues. Even after telling them this they are saying its panel specification and each tv has different configurations . I asked him how a tv has such specification they are saying that's the panel feature. So u be the judge .
I'm no fan of Samsung TVs. I usually recommend against those. They are overpriced mostly and support is...bad...as you discovered. I'm in camp OLED.

But for soundbars, I had no other alternative. There's no other bar that sounds as good in the same cost or even twice the cost. Sony Z9F with rear speakers will cost 60k, but it can still have the same issues like Samsung, and the sound profile lacks treble a lot.

Blast Samsung. Get your panel replaced. You deserve it. Shame them on Twitter.

But for soundbars, there's no other option, especially in India. Samsung is offering great VFM.for soundbars.

I'm no fan of Samsung TVs. I usually recommend against those. They are overpriced mostly and support is...bad...as you discovered. I'm in camp OLED.

But for soundbars, I had no other alternative. There's no other bar that sounds as good in the same cost or even twice the cost. Sony Z9F with rear speakers will cost 60k, but it can still have the same issues like Samsung, and the sound profile lacks treble a lot.

Blast Samsung. Get your panel replaced. You deserve it. Shame them on Twitter.

But for soundbars, there's no other option, especially in India. Samsung is offering great VFM.for soundbars.
I have done everything . The rage I felt. Even when service engineer came to check I explained the issue but didn't even complete it and switch on tv, but without interest to check straight away he said it is normal. Yelled at him showed him even he accepted something wrong. But he himself said he understands my issues but very doubtful Samsung will replace as it's normal they just close it saying normal and exactly that's what is happening . My rage is you should hear their explanation. Iam telling them to come look at my neighbors tv they are saying each tv panel has different specifications how foolish.

I have done everything . The rage I felt. Even when service engineer came to check I explained the issue but didn't even complete it and switch on tv, but without interest to check straight away he said it is normal. Yelled at him showed him even he accepted something wrong. But he himself said he understands my issues but very doubtful Samsung will replace as it's normal they just close it saying normal and exactly that's what is happening . My rage is you should hear their explanation. Iam telling them to come look at my neighbors tv they are saying each tv panel has different specifications how foolish.

No offence, but these images don't make the problem super evident. I'll suggest you try again by taking pictures of pure white slide.

I agree with you but Samsung is on a whole different level when it comes to cheating customers. They think customers are fools and zero respect. Can anyone tell to a customer yellow bleeding at bottom is a tv panel feature or specs? . Check my other replies and thread .
LG SN series is being launched in India for Amazon sale, I saw a post for SN4, maybe wait for that. Also avoid Infinity, Harman and JBL as you'll be paying Samsung in the end.
I got it from Samsung Smart Plaza. Contact the one in your city and bargain. I did try and use the same MRP thing to get them to reduce price, but they didn't budge. I was the first customer most probably. Lol. They didn't even know this exists. I had to tell them to check website. Maybe now they'll reduce price further. Try it out.

From my perspective, fair price is the sale cost of T650 plus 6k for rear speakers, as even in US, the minimum price for those is 97$.
Thanks for the inputs I am also eyeing something in this range. I have read reviews of rear speakers being too weak sometimes even in q90r. What is your experience on this? Did you need to change sound mode or increase rear volume separately or was it fine as it is?

LG SN series is being launched in India for Amazon sale, I saw a post for SN4, maybe wait for that. Also avoid Infinity, Harman and JBL as you'll be paying Samsung in the end.

Thanks for the inputs I am also eyeing something in this range. I have read reviews of rear speakers being too weak sometimes even in q90r. What is your experience on this? Did you need to change sound mode or increase rear volume separately or was it fine as it is?

I have the rear speakers at -12. Definitely loud enough for me. Lol

There's a bug though, and it's that rear speaker level is tied with subwoofer level. Now I'm in small room, so I want subwoofer lowered anyway. So it works for me. It might not for someone else.

This is me last year :p fighting LG for tv replacement.

They kept closing service ticket, i reopened it each and every time. Finally they sent service head of mumbai to check the model. He acknowledges the issue and did the replacement. Main trouble here is that panel issues hard to capture in photos. Darken the room and play the dark scene movie, like i played thumbad. Finally after 2 months got new replacements. Also first time service engineer cheated with wrong wall mount and tried to keep jio dongle gift.

So i guess they are worst than samsung then??

I suggest you to keep raising service request and try to find higher samsung service officials emails.

No offence, but these images don't make the problem super evident. I'll suggest you try again by taking pictures of pure white slide.
Yes it will not be clearly evident in the picture. But if u look closely u can clearly see it. Also have done the test like u mentioned where it will be clear. The thing is u can clearly feel them that they are not interested in seriously understanding the issues but rather work with notion to just try and convince u and cheat you. It's hard to explain in words honestly. And not only me lot of people in my circle faced it as well who are using Samsung.‍♂️♂️

Yes it will not be clearly evident in the picture. But if u look closely u can clearly see it. Also have done the test like u mentioned where it will be clear. The thing is u can clearly feel them that they are not interested in seriously understanding the issues but rather work with notion to just try and convince u and cheat you. It's hard to explain in words honestly. And not only me lot of people in my circle faced it as well who are using Samsung.‍♂️♂️

I agree. They don't want to do it, but in order to get them to do it, you have to clearly show that it's a problem.

I returned Metz OLED after 27 days because I clearly showed to Amazon it has a problem. The same thing got me s panel replacement for LG.

Just take pics that show the problem at first glance.

I agree. They don't want to do it, but in order to get them to do it, you have to clearly show that it's a problem.

I returned Metz OLED after 27 days because I clearly showed to Amazon it has a problem. The same thing got me s panel replacement for LG.

Just take pics that show the problem at first glance.
Returning it in amazon and Flipkart is easy compared to direct purchase. I know all brands are bad when it comes to customer service especially in India but Samsung is in another level. Even while making a product I highly doubt they care about quality and customer satisfaction. Only thing they are good at is releasing overpriced products and simply bashing their competitors. I was an android lover and iPhone hater and using Samsung made me hate android and switch to iPhone. My wife who hates iPhone and loves android also wants her next phone to be iPhone after I got her a s9. She regrets big time and even asks me now to get her a 1k China mobile till I can get her an iPhone. Been to their customer center and trust me most of them in Chennai is worse then a road side 5 rupees biryani shop. Not sure how it is now but long back when I used their mobiles and visit for service it was a disgrace

Returning it in amazon and Flipkart is easy compared to direct purchase. I know all brands are bad when it comes to customer service especially in India but Samsung is in another level. Even while making a product I highly doubt they care about quality and customer satisfaction. Only thing they are good at is releasing overpriced products and simply bashing their competitors. I was an android lover and iPhone hater and using Samsung made me hate android and switch to iPhone. My wife who hates iPhone and loves android also wants her next phone to be iPhone after I got her a s9. She regrets big time and even asks me now to get her a 1k China mobile till I can get her an iPhone. Been to their customer center and trust me most of them in Chennai is worse then a road side 5 rupees biryani shop. Not sure how it is now but long back when I used their mobiles and visit for service it was a disgrace

Returning Q60R soundbar to Flipkart actually was the toughest yet. They suck, as you might have read on my thread about boycotting Flipkart.

Anyway, I did get LG to replace my panel, and it wasn't even 1/4th as tough as dealing with Flipkart.

I can see our friend here trying to shame Samsung, but the problem is that in none of the pics, is the problem that apparent. If I was in his place, I would take photos that really show the problem, and then give it a shot.

Returning Q60R soundbar to Flipkart actually was the toughest yet. They suck, as you might have read on my thread about boycotting Flipkart.

Anyway, I did get LG to replace my panel, and it wasn't even 1/4th as tough as dealing with Flipkart.

I can see our friend here trying to shame Samsung, but the problem is that in none of the pics, is the problem that apparent. If I was in his place, I would take photos that really show the problem, and then give it a shot.
The friend here is my twin brother and I have checked in person. In the image the yellow line is faintly visible. My brother also checked his neighbor’s tv which didn’t have the yellow line. I once bought a lg tv in Flipkart which had a similar issue. Raised issue with Flipkart and they sent lg tech who refused to support since the tv was purchased from Flipkart. For installation also the lg tech refused free wall mount and demanded 1k for installation. Flipkart after 3 days of follow up with lg made full refund

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back