Yas 209 vs denon s316 vs lg sly8g

Nithin22

Hi folk,

Am in the search for good budget sound bars from 25k to 40k max. After lot of research narrowed it down to the 3.
Yamaha has 209 , denon s316 and lg sly8g. I have a Samsung 55q60r tv. Am going to buy mi 4k box as well for mirror cast , kodi app as Samsung smart tv doesn't support them. Can someone suggest ideal soundbar for my set up. I have a Samsung sound bar 5 years old it has heavy thumping base good effects but very poor in dialogue. So my main focus is am looking for quality audio effects with good dialogue and decent bass.

Thanks all.

So, I have the same tv and I was using yas 108 from yamaha. 209 is that with a sub.

Do not buy the yamaha 209 and do not buy the LG one. The denon one I have not tried.

For 40k its best to buy the Samsung 800t soundbar. It was selling for 40k recently, now its 43 and extra offers. Wait for the festive offers and you should get it for around 38k or so with discounts. It's very very good. You can later add the wireless rears if you wish. Works perfectly with the tv you have and massive sound upgrade. Check out rtings review for more.

So, I have the same tv and I was using yas 108 from yamaha. 209 is that with a sub.

Do not buy the yamaha 209 and do not buy the LG one. The denon one I have not tried.

For 40k its best to buy the Samsung 800t soundbar. It was selling for 40k recently, now its 43 and extra offers. Wait for the festive offers and you should get it for around 38k or so with discounts. It's very very good. You can later add the wireless rears if you wish. Works perfectly with the tv you have and massive sound upgrade. Check out rtings review for more.

The wireless speakers for Q800T will have to be imported though. Not launched in India unfortunately. That's why I went for the T670 kit myself. True surround>front Atmos IMO.

The wireless speakers for Q800T will have to be imported though. Not launched in India unfortunately. That's why I went for the T670 kit myself. True surround>front Atmos IMO.
That will be available in India shortly. Even importing right now is around 12k or so. And you can initially just use the soundbar and later upgrade to wireless kit.

That will be available in India shortly. Even importing right now is around 12k or so. And you can initially just use the soundbar and later upgrade to wireless kit.

What makes you so sure it'll be launched?

Importing SWA-9000S is not 12k, but 20k+ after shipping and customs, and that too when it was on sale on amazon.com for 122$.

What is wrong with YAS 109 or YAS 209 with 30k budget? is it not worth? any issues?

Why do you want a 2.1 bar for 30k when you can have a 5.1 true surround setup in the same cost
Because not everyone likes wires hanging all over the room, and not pre-planned the wiring.
5.1 true surround needs additional setup? though it is wireless the 2 additional ones needs wires to connect to unit.
generally people getting soundbar for one shot setup and not for 5-7 surround speakers?

and i was asking about sound quality/experience of yamaha against samsung? cause for me people suggested to take yamaha 109 and additional sub for the best experience.

Lower end of your budget go q60r or q60t, higher end q800t. T670 is overpriced right now here as it should be around q60r prices like in US considering worse soundbar.

Because not everyone likes wires hanging all over the room, and not pre-planned the wiring.
5.1 true surround needs additional setup? though it is wireless the 2 additional ones needs wires to connect to unit.
generally people getting soundbar for one shot setup and not for 5-7 surround speakers?

and i was asking about sound quality/experience of yamaha against samsung? cause for me people suggested to take yamaha 109 and additional sub for the best experience.

You can easily hide the wires. Based on your setup, you can place the receiver elsewhere and then take the wires from it to rear speakers.

Sound quality wise too the Samsung is well balanced and the center channel.

5-7 surround speakers? I'm not sure if any soundbar has that feature. It's only 2. The bar is 3.1 and then two additional surround speakers.

Well, I have had the Q60R and now T670, and I can tell you from experience, true surround is way better than Q60R by itself.

You do what you want. Yamaha is a waste for 30k. Not worth it at all. If you really don't want surround speakers for sure, consider JBL 5.1 Surround, as that will have better surround sound than Q60R/Q60T or even Q800T. It just needs walls within 4m on both sides to bounce sound and comes with room correction to help with calibrating the sound bouncing.

Lower end of your budget go q60r or q60t, higher end q800t. T670 is overpriced right now here as it should be around q60r prices like in US considering worse soundbar.

I got T670 for 29.7k in August. T650 was retailing for 23-24k then. So it's that plus surround speakers for 6-7k. Not a bad deal at all, especially considering that importing the wireless speakers if you want to add to Q60R/Q60T will cost 14-15k when they drop in price on Amazon.com, as you can't get them as separates in India.

I have had a talk with Samsung's CEO desk twice in late June. Few weeks after that they updated their website to include Samsung T670 and Q950T. No mention of individual rear kits even now through. I doubt they'll launch them unless a lot of people call them and bug them.

Messaging CEO desk is the way to go for this.

Now here's my rating after using both:

T670 >> Q60R > T650

I got T670 for 29.7k in August. T650 was retailing for 23-24k then. So it's that plus surround speakers for 6-7k. Not a bad deal at all, especially considering that importing the wireless speakers if you want to add to Q60R/Q60T will cost 14-15k when they drop in price on Amazon.com, as you can't get them as separates in India.

I have had a talk with Samsung's CEO desk twice in late June. Few weeks after that they updated their website to include Samsung T670 and Q950T. No mention of individual rear kits even now through. I doubt they'll launch them unless a lot of people call them and bug them.

Messaging CEO desk is the way to go for this.

Now here's my rating after using both:

T670 >> Q60R > T650
Where did you purchase T670? offline store or online? Q60T & T670 has same mrp so offline prices might be similar!

Where did you purchase T670? offline store or online? Q60T & T670 has same mrp so offline prices might be similar!

I got it from Samsung Smart Plaza. Contact the one in your city and bargain. I did try and use the same MRP thing to get them to reduce price, but they didn't budge. I was the first customer most probably. Lol. They didn't even know this exists. I had to tell them to check website. Maybe now they'll reduce price further. Try it out.

From my perspective, fair price is the sale cost of T650 plus 6k for rear speakers, as even in US, the minimum price for those is 97$.

Back