YESUDAS - The Music Wizard

Reuben,
You are most welcome and our meet is long awaited. It is not happening due to my travel schedules.

These discs are in Chennai and I will bring them down to TVM.

Great, probably we can plan for some time when my Garrard 401 is ready and we can listen to them and tape them.

True legend indeed, I had a collection of Yesudas hits gifted by an uncle from middle east on a Thomsun cassette. That tape had awesome recording quality and it was my first casette that had this Book like carton design which later became common. Had songs like Ezhu swarangalum, Gopalaka paahimaam etc.

What an artiste, there will be never another Gaana gandharvan. May he have a long life...

Does anyone feel Vijay Yesudas sounds similar to his dad at least on song kola kuyil vili ketto

No... Vijay shines for today's technological improvement coz he can't sing a song without mistake in a live performance.
He is an ordinary singer, star singer or reality shows participants will sing better than him.

Hi all
Last month when I was in Trivandrum, was searching for Yesudas old albums like ulsava gaanangal in audio cd format. Almost all shops have songs only in MP3 format. But to my luck, I could buy few yesudas albums like ulsava gaanangal, vishaada gaanangal etc from a shop near Sreekumar Theatre (Maanjaalikulam road) released by Tharangini. The recordings were excellent. Anybody interested can get these cds from there.
Thanks
Anil.

Coming to K.J.J, I still remember my childhood days in kerala and especially at onam times..
Uthrada poonilave vaa and Maamaankam (Ulsava Ganangal).

Was an LP/EP of this ever released?

"Mamaankam" is from Vasantha Geethangal....

Yesudas!!!
A legend to Kannadigas too. His devotional songs on Krishna and of course Harivarasanam give him a place in every household.
He has won Karnataka state govt award for best singer 5 times for playback singing. When i hear his singing what comes to my mind is "knife slicing through butter".
Can't believe the same person that sang harivarasanam and Krishna nee begane baaro also sung such beautiful love tracks. When i hear his songs i'm captivated by the vocals so much that i just cannot appreciate the accompanying music.
Two of his songs in Kannada that are totally the opposite of each other just to illustrate the genius of this person
Kannada Hit Songs | Nammoora Yuvarani Song | Ramachari Kannada Movie - YouTube
and
En Edu Maaye - Shilpa Shetty - Ravichandran - Kannada Hit Songs - YouTube

I think Thanangini has moved to Chennai and only takes care of live events and special recordings of Yesudas.

Abhiramapuram 3rd st. :cool:

I just happen to know that because I used to live nearby and see the building.

To me, his velvet voice is very suited for film music, which I have no taste for, but I have enjoyed his classical concerts a few years ago.

I grew up listening to many of Yesudas Malayalam Hits in my younger days and I feel he was not given enough opportunities to shine in Hindi . But he was the supremo of classical and malayalam popular film songs. Some of my LP records of songs from Yesudas

1967-77 period of time yesudas won 3 national film awards for best male singer in India. In that time Moh.Rafi got only 1 in 1977.
I think may be thats the reason, didn't get more opportunities from bolly wood industries.

1. Released by Oriental records New York:
I think this one is not officially released in India in LP format.
KYjib4Y.jpg

2. K.J. Yesudas Composed the music and rendered with Baby Sujatha for National Savings Directorate:
Released by Govt. of Kerala in 1975.
1Zp3gUh.jpg

Jesudas!! A legendary singer!!

His "Katrinile, perum katrinile" from 'Thulabaram' is a deeply moving song ( same as 'Katradichu' from Malayalam version). I am a fan of his from childhood. I have some LPs and EPs of him. Also EMI goldest moments CD of him.

I remember, when he was asked in one of his interviews ( Kumudam!!) "who was his fav singer?, he had replied that it was 'RAFI'. He also said that 'RAFI' was his inspiration and he aspired to reach Rafi's level of singing.

Last edited:
Jesudas!! A legendary singer!!

His "Katrinile, perum katrinile" from 'Thulabaram' is a deeply moving song ( same as 'Katradichu' from Malayalam version). I am a fan of his from childhood. I have some LPs and EPs of him. Also EMI goldest moments CD of him.

I remember, when he was asked in one of his interviews ( Kumudam!!) "who was his fav singer?, he had replied that it was 'RAFI'. He also said that 'RAFI' was his inspiration and he aspired to reach Rafi's level of singing.

mmm....understood the inner meaning of above lines. I said may be the reality of that era.
If Rafi from south, no one recognised him this much.

Voice of The Soul (1978)

Voice+of+the+Soul+(reverse).jpg

Voice+of+the+Soul+(cover).jpg

I have the songs in mp3 format. Music is by Jerry Amaldev, which he later used in many other Malayalam movies.

Thanks....I have also these song's mp3. Later jerry Amal dev recorded to S.Janaki's voice (prakasha naalam chundil mathram). Please upload more rare images and album details

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back