Yet another newbie asking for suggestions

dr.girish

Hi guys! This is my first post :)

I am located in Mumbai and planning to buy a 40 or 42 inch HDTV (major brands like Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, LG). I prefer LCD TVs but if the price is right i'd love an LED.

My budget: UPTO Rs.43,000 (maximum, cant go beyond that)

I read a few posts on this forum and currently considering Panasonic Viera L42U30D (Rs. 41k @Flipkart)).
the only negative thing i read about it here was the motion resolution which is 300 lines for this model. I really didnt understand the details of motion resolution as this is totally not my field. Just wanted to ask if the TV is good for the price. Does anyone own one of these? Is there a better HDTV out there that i can get for the same price.

There aren't too many reviews on this model and i was wondering if someone here could help me out.

The pan 42U30D is a good tv. But also demo some Sony and Samsung tv's and then finally decide. Is there any reason you are not looking at Plasma? Also have a look at the Pan plasma U30, X30, A30 and Samsung plasmas. Though Pan really excels at hi end plasma tvs, their entry level tv's are also not bad. Remember to always demo plasma tvs in low ambient light............reflection and bright light can be a overkill to the plasma tv.
All the best!!!

Hi Guys,

Welcome to Hifi, If u r looking for LED in <43K budget so go for Toshiba 40PS10 LED TV. Nice LED TV with good features and Toshiba is Japanes brand better than other chinese products.

as aakshr mentioned, you must check out the plasma TVs which will offer better VFM at that budget. But please note that if you have a light source or window/door right opposite the spot where you ll be placing your TV, then plasma might not be advisable. Though the new Panasonic Neo plasma panels do cut down the reflection to a huge extent, but all those models are beyond the budget you mentioned.

would not recommend Samsung LCD TVs as I have had a bad experience with that brand. Might not be the case with everyone though.

Hi Guys,

Nindo you are absolutly right.... Samsung is not recommendable brand, i also had very bad experience with this brand.

Dr. sahab if you are planning to buy a Plasma TV so Panasonic is the brand in india.

First of all, thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it.

I have a huge window right which would be right opposite to the TV. So i guess Plasmas may not be one of my options.

The Toshiba 40PS10 (as suggested above) has only 2 HDMI ports. With the number of devices i would be connecting, i wanted 4 hdmi ports (can manage with 3). Also i am not a fan of "Edge-lit" LEDs.

My dad liked the IPTV feature on tha Panasonic. Does anyone know if the L42U30D can run apps (other than the mentioned FB and SHOUTcast apps). I know its an IPTV but the specs say that it doesnt run Viera Connect!

Thanks guys for the replies.

My dad liked the IPTV feature on tha Panasonic. Does anyone know if the L42U30D can run apps (other than the mentioned FB and SHOUTcast apps). I know its an IPTV but the specs say that it doesnt run Viera Connect!

Thanks guys for the replies.

I thought u30 was discontinued? And yes, it doesn't have viera connect but it has "easy iptv" instead which is just facebook and some internet radio as far as i know. Rest you can ask somoeone with a u30 or x30 for conformation.

The Toshiba 40PS10 (as suggested above) has only 2 HDMI ports. With the number of devices i would be connecting, i wanted 4 hdmi ports (can manage with 3).

I would suggest you to buy a HTIB like Onkyo 3400 also to get the complete HT feel. Most of the current AVRs have atleast 4 HDMI ins. So number of HDMI inputs in TV is not a problem.

If don't mind the lack of warranty you can get a LED-lit lcd in your budget.
The samsung are not available in all places but if you do get you can check out the samsung D5500 comes with a AMVA panel.

You can also get the Sony 40EX420 for around 45k comes with a SPVA panel.Also available is the Sony 42EX410 this one comes with a LG IPS panel ,it has poor black levels which also has a blue tint,costs around 41k but i would rather pay a bit more and get the EX520.

Hi everybody...
I am too looking for a 40" led screen ...have samsung d5500 and d5900 and sony ex520 in mind. Checked at Alpha ( Irla mumbai ) prices are samsung d5500-->56k approx and d5900-->58k approx and sony ex520 also in same price bracket.. look wise i think d5900 looks sleeker but unable to make up mind. please help. will be used mostly for tv viewing and sometimes movies. Also planning to squeeze a home theatre system to complete the experience. please advise..

Hi Vampire,

If you are looking for a good LED TV in 50K to 60K budget, so Panasonic L42E30D FHD LED will be a good option for you, amazing picture quality, crystal clear image, 4,000,000:1 contrast ration and 900 lines Moving Picture Resolution.

Thanks will consider the panasonic model too. Family is more inclined towards samsung and sony though..
trying to get it from military stores..no idea of price there but i think its 30% less then market price.

Hi everybody...
I am too looking for a 40" led screen ...have samsung d5500 and d5900 and sony ex520 in mind. Checked at Alpha ( Irla mumbai ) prices are samsung d5500-->56k approx and d5900-->58k approx and sony ex520 also in same price bracket.. look wise i think d5900 looks sleeker but unable to make up mind. please help. will be used mostly for tv viewing and sometimes movies. Also planning to squeeze a home theatre system to complete the experience. please advise..

I heard the samsung d5900 is made specifically for India ? wonder if the quality is up to int. standards..please suggest a budget 5.1" system to go with these models.

What is your budget for 5.1 speaker system?. Consider Onkyo 3400.

Hi ! thanks for your reply..

Well don't have thaat much to spend basically looking for a 5.1" for a occasional movie exp. I can spend up to may be 10 or 15k max. I think a HTib
will be more suitable ? actually planning to buy a media player like ac ryan to hook up with the tv and watch movies.

Hi everyone, thank you for your valuable input. I finally bought the L42U30D LCD tv and loving it so far.

For those wondering about the IPTV features, it only has FB and SHOUTcast (internet radio) apps. You cannot use or install any more apps. There is a ethernet port for wired connection or a USB Wireless adapter can be attached (NETGEAR RangeMax WNDA3100 Dual Band Wireless-N Adapter seems compatible). Videos can be streamed via DLNA or an external HDD. I connected my 1TB WD external USB HDD and it instantly detected the drive with no issues.

May2012 got my new Panny LED L42E30D. It looks stunningly awesome...
Tried USB playback.. just awesome... it pulled all the video formats. :yahoo:
confirmed with AVI, MKV... however mpg not supported. :)
Video - 9/10 Audio - 5/10
Unfortunately smiles down at the Audio..:sad:
Need to tweak the Bass and treble level to match with others. Also checked with the VproSurround thingy..:sad:
My friend has a LCD LG LK 430 - 42inches... Video - 7/10 Audio 8/10...
Amazing Audio from this chap.. no need of a Home Theatre :clapping:

About my panny.. need to try and tweak some functions to find its capabilities..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back