YHT or Onkyo

josephjohnyt

Hi All,

I am very new to this domain. Recelty i have brought a Sony LED TV (42 W 700 B) . So i would like to have a HT. I have checked yht 299 and Onkyo 3700. I think YHT 299 is very cool to listen thn Onkyo. Can anyone help to buy a HT worth for money i spend.

Please suggest a good one

YHT 2910, Onkyo 3700 ? or Is there any good one with same range of money (35 - 40k)

Please help me
Thanks in advance :clapping:

If your budget is only around this amount then go for Onkyo 3700. It has high resolution playing capability and sounds better too.

I had a demo with yamaha package in Reliance digital. I was not happy with the performance and bass effect is not that good. It reaches the bass level in short and further we feel the distortion from it.

Yamaha YHT299 is a better choice... It has sub-woofer pre-out... So juz in case you want to upgrade speakers in future, this will be helpful...

Onkyo 3700 has passive sub-woofer model... So this will not allow you to upgrade your sub-woofer if you wish to change them....

Is it? I have not spiked about this thing...

For me yamaha doesnt sound good. Go to reliance store and have a demo there.

Or Just go for elangoas suggestion as it has sub preout.

Hi Vinoth,

Which model of yamaha u have demoed? I have read in this forum that onkyo receiver has over heat pbm......So thats the reason i hesitate to take Onkyo receiver

Hi josephjohnyt,

One of my friend has this entire. And it was sounding good only. To be frank I have not checked the heat in the receiver.

right nw i am watching movies connecting usb to my tv.....if i purchase this yht 299, do i need to purchase a blue ray player to get real 5.1 with hd sound.....optical cable can carry hd sound? if i need to buy a blue ray, please suggest one for me :)

I wanna to connect my receiver to tv. currently i am watching from usb connecting to tv. do i need to purchase any blue rsy to connect my receiver to tv? shall i connecty tv to receiver using optical...will i be able to play all hd sounds and 5.1 .....if i need a blue rsy player, plese suggest a good playrt for me

right nw i am watching movies connecting usb to my tv.....if i purchase this yht 299, do i need to purchase a blue ray player to get real 5.1 with hd sound.....optical cable can carry hd sound? if i need to buy a blue ray, please suggest one for me :)

Blu ray player if u you have more discs (or) Media player if you have BD Rips from friends (or) downloaded content...

Optical/co-axial cable can't carry HD Audio... only HDMI can...

I wanna to connect my receiver to tv. currently i am watching from usb connecting to tv. do i need to purchase any blue rsy to connect my receiver to tv? shall i connecty tv to receiver using optical...will i be able to play all hd sounds and 5.1 .....if i need a blue rsy player, plese suggest a good playrt for me

If your TV supports HDMI ARC function, then you can connect AVR HDMI out to TV's HDMI ARC in port... I dont think your TV can decode HD audio.. Sony TV are capable of decoding Dolby Digital.. May be newer one do Dolby True HD, but def no DTS decoding...

can any1 tell whats the total watts of yamaha 1910. in some shopping site it has given as 250watts.....please help here

Hope you are referring to YHT 2910.. If so, here are specs from Yamaha website..

5-channel powerful surround sound receiver
--- 100W per Channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven)
--- 70W per Channel (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven)
--- 135W per Channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10 % THD, 1 ch driven, JEITA)
Discrete amp configuration
HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP (17 DSP programmes)
4K Ultra HD pass-through for super high resolution images
HDMI (4 in / 1 out) with 4K Ultra HD pass-through for super high resolution images
YPAO sound optimisation for automatic speaker setup
Extra Bass enriches the powerful bass sound
Virtual CINEMA FRONT provides virtual surround sound with 5 speakers in front
Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod / iPhone and USB thumbdrives
Stylish, curvy speaker design looks fresh in any interior
ECO mode operation for about 20% less power consumption

Can some1 suggest a good blueray player for yht 2910.....i need to play movies from usb tooo......hope thats possible with bd without loosing hd in 5.1 system....

Yeah... As guys said if your TV has Audio Return Channel (ARC) then you dont need anything else. Sound will come through the same HDMI cable which is connected between TV and the receiver.

For bluray players,
Go for SONY BDP S1200 6500 INR without wifi and 3D
SONY BDP S4200 10000 INR which has everything you want.

If your budget is more than 15K then go for oppo.

Can someone tell whats the main diff between YHT 299 and YHT 2910...When i asked in shop, they have told only base enhancement program is the additional in 2910. But when read the forum, there are comments saying HD, TRUE HD and DTS wont get played in YHT 299. is it so?

YHT-299 supports all formats including DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD.
YHT-196 will not decode DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back