Yo Yo.. got the best AC in India Sharp AH-XP18PMT

invisible

Got 1.5 Ton SHARP AH-AX18PMT for 45k including Installation & Stabiliser last month

Best thing i love about this AC is i can run this unit 24 x 7 and never worry about power bills. I ran for whole month in March 2014 and my april bill came just 1450 ..mind you i have 2 geysers and 46 inch Sony LED , 24x 7 running PC, wet grinder , fridge , washing machine , robot floor cleaner, dish washer, oven

DSC_1989_2.jpg

DSC_1991_1.jpg

DSC_1992_1.jpg

DSC_1993_1.jpg

DSC_1994_1.jpg

image.jpg

DSC05812.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality blurry mobile pics .. my digicam cable is hidden somewhere

Never buy LG inverter, Hitachi or Daikin shit ACs ..they will totally make your life tensed and suicidal with power bills shooting upto 5000.
I had Daikin 3 star AC previously and i used to run that for only 6 hours daily maximum during summer ..and i used to get 3000 power bill. What is the use of AC .. if can run only for 6 hours? So sold it off to my friend and got this new gem to my home which gave me peace of mind and gave me strength to run AC 24 x 7.

Go for sharp ...you won't be disappointed ..and live lifestyle like Japanese with 24x 7 on AC.. not like most people who switch on AC only for 3hours and being tensed for power bills. This AC feels so premium in your house and no other brand can beat build quality of these sharp ACs IDU & ODU.

During Installation.. I did Nitrogen leak test in copper wiring and Vaccumed the copper wires. But my wiring came about 5metre ..so i feel little cooling is going out due to long wiring. Always remember to do wiring shortest as possible.

AC is not about chilling body to 10C ..its about comfortable chilling with peace of mind of low electricity bill.

My life roxxxxxxxxxxxxxx now .. im so happy today and proud owner of best AC i have came across from so long. ANd i pity those people who buy AC without knowing the actual use of AC ..just buying seeing ads of Samsung,LG,hitachi or listening to advises of friends is waste of time. Always research yourself the product thoroughly.. then only buy.

Last edited:
Congratulations for the purchase and also for those shots. Is it possible to provide one for the outdoor unit. thanks in advance.

Your electricity bill for the month of April will cover only power consumption for the month of Feb-March. Hopefully you would have checked that. Usually current consumption charges are done like that. I would wait for a couple of months check the bills by running the AC 24 hours and then decide if its the right bill.

Congrats :) I was expecting that you would say something about Sony here too :) Now, I feel that you'll say about Sharp and Sony :) Gotta love the Japanese, right ? :lol:

OT. How about Panasonic ones? The ads in which Katrina stars. They talk about inverter technology..

Congratulations on your purchase!

Just one question though.....doesn't this model allow the inlet/outlet pipe to be tucked in behind the indoor unit?

Good observation skills. Somehow I never noticed it. Yes, I think it should have been concealed behind the indoor unit. Maybe there was an impediment on the other side?

I had got beam just backside of AC ..and breaking beam will collapse the building
so had to install hole below AC unit..

I have been using a Daikin 1.5 T inverter ac for past 1 year.12 hrs /day-mostly from 7pm -7am.Top floor. 25 to 26 deg.Economode.iv been getting bills of 1700-1800 for a 2 months cycle- ie, about 850/month.Ive been using an induction cooker too daily.

Last edited:
I have been using a Daikin 1.5 T inverter ac for past 1 year.12 hrs /day-mostly from 7pm -7am.Top floor. 25 to 26 deg.Economode.iv been getting bills of 1700-1800 for a 2 months cycle- ie, about 850/month.Ive been using an induction cooker too daily.

daikin looks cheap creamy dirty color

not posh

I had got beam just backside of AC ..and breaking beam will collapse the building
so had to install hole below AC unit..

FWIW, core cutting is the normal way of getting around this problem. A 3 inch dia hole drilled with a core cutting drill, which is a nifty piece of equipment, doesn't damage the beam, unless it is a poorly designed beam.

Cheers!

FWIW, core cutting is the normal way of getting around this problem. A 3 inch dia hole drilled with a core cutting drill, which is a nifty piece of equipment, doesn't damage the beam, unless it is a poorly designed beam.

Sir, if I am not mistaken,
Core cutting is the problem.
Drilling hole is damaging the beam.

Ofcourse, it is hard to believe that the building will weaken and collapse! One hole should not cause worry but if in the same axis 10 floors have holes drilled, it might be an issue. May be that's the reason some housing societies (including mine) have a strict rule against drilling into the RCC beam.

Cheers!

yes but our building society people warned me not to drill holes in beams.. as many have already drilled hole..

so had to adjust and drill hole outside of ac

@invisible: Which city & place is this? Looks interesting.

Is the bill with AC or without? My regular bill in Bangalore without AC is coming to that much.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back