Yo Yo.. got the best AC in India Sharp AH-XP18PMT

Sir, if I am not mistaken,
Core cutting is the problem.
Drilling hole is damaging the beam.

Ofcourse, it is hard to believe that the building will weaken and collapse! One hole should not cause worry but if in the same axis 10 floors have holes drilled, it might be an issue. May be that's the reason some housing societies (including mine) have a strict rule against drilling into the RCC beam.

Sir,

I should have qualified my post with a "subject to proper technical advice".

You are absolutely right. If not all, a vast majority of societies do not allow beams and columns to be touched by individual flat owners and they are justified, as people take inordinate licence in maiming them in the name of interior decoration. A case in point is the building in Borivali which collapsed a few years back because some owner had made drastic structural changes, including removal of columns, if newspaper reports are to be believed, while doing up his flat.

However, drilling a 2 inch hole with a diamond bit core cutter does not seem to constitute as sacrilegious an act as it used to earlier, as a multitude of apartment owners now seem to be indulging in it. Many of Invisible's fellow society members seem to have also done so.

I was faced with a similar dilemma last month. I consulted my good friend, a very senior contractor with a number of high rise constructions to his credit. In my case, where the size of the beam was 30 in x 12 in, he opined that a 2 in core-cut hole in the center of the beam would not affect the structural integrity adversely. I see no reason to believe that he would misguide me.

Cheers

daikin looks cheap creamy dirty color

not posh
Exactly the way i like my AC -understated and elegant without lots of lights and bling to gather attention.It doesn't have even a temperature indicator except the one on the remote.and just one light on the main unit.:)

Today went to buy 1.1 ton pht for one of my relative but the dealer told me that this model has been stock out from market and will take around 10 days to be in stock again

To confirm the same i talked to one of the represntative of sharp he told me that due to some big corporate order this model has been stock out from all over india because of which it will take sometime to be in stock again

How far this Info correct did anyone also facing the same problem???

i got mine 1.1 TON X13PET installed say 2 weeks back.. another cpl of days will get the Electricity bill. last cpl of years with my old LG AC 1.5 T the bill used to 2.5k average for april-august. need to check the difference this year onwards...

1450 is like way to less.. i get 1000-1100 without AC on an average.. :(

Could anyone tell me the points to keep in mind while the ac is being installed

and the necessary test which has to be done when the ac is installed

I am thinking of installing the IDU AND ODU back to back on a wall is it alright????

Could anyone tell me the points to keep in mind while the ac is being installed

and the necessary test which has to be done when the ac is installed

I am thinking of installing the IDU AND ODU back to back on a wall is it alright????

Completely alright. .
Proper vaccum when installation.
Proper joints and seals and these ac have 4 wires instead of traditional 3. So proper wiring. .

Idu on inside of wall and outer unit on the othet side is fine. Keep ample clearance for good air flow..

Finally Got My PET installed

I kept it on for 5 hours on auto mode 24 c and it consumed 10 units of electricity The fan speed was set at highest

i didn't feel like 24 c what to do please help

Got 1.5 Ton SHARP AH-AX18PMT for 45k including Installation & Stabiliser last month

Best thing i love about this AC is i can run this unit 24 x 7 and never worry about power bills. I ran for whole month in March 2014 and my april bill came just 1450 ..mind you i have 2 geysers and 46 inch Sony LED , 24x 7 running PC, wet grinder , fridge , washing machine , robot floor cleaner, dish washer, oven

DSC_1989_2.jpg

DSC_1991_1.jpg

DSC_1992_1.jpg

DSC_1993_1.jpg

DSC_1994_1.jpg

image.jpg

DSC05812.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality blurry mobile pics .. my digicam cable is hidden somewhere

Never buy LG inverter, Hitachi or Daikin shit ACs ..they will totally make your life tensed and suicidal with power bills shooting upto 5000.
I had Daikin 3 star AC previously and i used to run that for only 6 hours daily maximum during summer ..and i used to get 3000 power bill. What is the use of AC .. if can run only for 6 hours? So sold it off to my friend and got this new gem to my home which gave me peace of mind and gave me strength to run AC 24 x 7.

Go for sharp ...you won't be disappointed ..and live lifestyle like Japanese with 24x 7 on AC.. not like most people who switch on AC only for 3hours and being tensed for power bills. This AC feels so premium in your house and no other brand can beat build quality of these sharp ACs IDU & ODU.

During Installation.. I did Nitrogen leak test in copper wiring and Vaccumed the copper wires. But my wiring came about 5metre ..so i feel little cooling is going out due to long wiring. Always remember to do wiring shortest as possible.

AC is not about chilling body to 10C ..its about comfortable chilling with peace of mind of low electricity bill.

My life roxxxxxxxxxxxxxx now .. im so happy today and proud owner of best AC i have came across from so long. ANd i pity those people who buy AC without knowing the actual use of AC ..just buying seeing ads of Samsung,LG,hitachi or listening to advises of friends is waste of time. Always research yourself the product thoroughly.. then only buy.

Can you pls tell me from where you buy this AC, at now i get latest & lowest price is 48k , i live in kolkata ... waiting for your reply.

I was faced with a similar dilemma last month. I consulted my good friend, a very senior contractor with a number of high rise constructions to his credit. In my case, where the size of the beam was 30 in x 12 in, he opined that a 2 in core-cut hole in the center of the beam would not affect the structural integrity adversely. I see no reason to believe that he would misguide me.

Cheers

Is your senior contractor friend ready to give his statement in writing with his name on it? :rolleyes: If no then such 'friendly advise' have no validity.

Beams should not be touched..period. A building is supposed to last several decades but we are more interested in decorations. Only time a beam should be touched is for structural repairs due to old age that too under a civil engineer.

Is your senior contractor friend ready to give his statement in writing with his name on it? :rolleyes: If no then such 'friendly advise' have no validity.

Beams should not be touched..period. A building is supposed to last several decades but we are more interested in decorations. Only time a beam should be touched is for structural repairs due to old age that too under a civil engineer.

Sir,

I appreciate your interest in my post, however, suffice to say that I know the calibre and integrity of the advice provider only too well to value the advice I have received and therefore do not need anything in writing.

Needless to say, you are free to seek a written opinion from any architect/civil engineer in this context, should you feel it in any way serves your purpose.

Cheers!

Can you pls tell me from where you buy this AC, at now i get latest & lowest price is 48k , i live in kolkata ... waiting for your reply.

That guy is from B'lore and don't believe what he says :) He's a bit :erm: hyped.

I'm sure you can negotiate the price down a bit. Price varies from state to state so whatever he's getting at B'lore or Chennai might not match up with the price @ Kolkata.

@sarge, if you follow his original post, you'll see that he said that he ran the AC for the whole March 2014 and the bill came 1450/- in April. So he bought it in March 2014.

About the problem, he did mention about the long piping which is giving him less chill.
During Installation.. I did Nitrogen leak test in copper wiring and Vaccumed the copper wires. But my wiring came about 5metre ..so i feel little cooling is going out due to long wiring. Always remember to do wiring shortest as possible.

About his recommendation, quoted :
Go for sharp ...you won't be disappointed ..and live lifestyle like Japanese with 24x 7 on AC.. not like most people who switch on AC only for 3hours and being tensed for power bills. This AC feels so premium in your house and no other brand can beat build quality of these sharp ACs IDU & ODU.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back